03. First + 2/3 Train

Missed the Train To You

The station went deadly silent—not even the citizens chattered, even though they didn’t seem to have caught on as to who it was-- as the rumbling sound of the train filled the station and blew past it pointlessly. Two heartbeats passed as the train continued without stopping, and Donghae’s heart-wrenching screams for his partner-for-life began. “HYUKJAE! HYUKJAE!”

“HYUKJAE!”

The solemn silence with a background fading rumbling continued as Donghae collapsed on the ground, staring at the spot where he had last seen his other half. The train blew past like some tornado, ripping up everything, then leaving it in the destroyed state it was in, just as quickly as it came. Everyone gathered around Heechul whirled around and stared, shellshocked at what had just taken place--- the members that could have been able to help their lead dancer up trembled, lips quivering gently. Kangin finally unfroze, rushing forward to where Eunhyuk had last been seen.

Leeteuk, Yesung and the eternal maknae followed Kangin, right at his heel. The rest stayed around Heechul, their eyes apprehensive of another horrific scene unfolding.

A bloody hand suddenly reached upwards, startling Kangin as he moved towards the edge. Quickly, he rushed forwards, a hope suddenly renewed. Kangin firmly held onto the hand, supporting the weight of the man trapped beneath the platform.

With a sudden pull with movements slightly too rough, a cry emitted from the injured man as his weight was suddenly yanked up onto the platform. A twitch of his leg as he landed on it made him yell as he finally landed back on top of the platform. He felt the excruciating pain take over. Donghae ran forward, his tears freely falling; Yanking off his shirt to staunch the blood from the huge gash left by the tracks, he went up to his beloved, gently wiping off his wounds.

"Hyukjae! Thank you---hic--thank you for not--leaving --hic--in this--hic--world alon-hic--e." Eunhyuk lying in his lover's lap looked up weakly, attempting a smile through the haze of pain  and dizziness from his heavily bleeding cuts and gashes, "Hae,--d-don't worry--.."

A darkness seemed to cover his eyes, smothering his senses--he tried to reach up to reassure his worried love. He couldn't---the darkness was too heavy...so much more overpowering and welcoming than the pain that seemed to accompany being awake. His last thought as his mind out from the blood loss and pain from torn, bleeding muscle in his legs was, "Hae--I don't know if I can d-danc---"

Donghae kept shaking his unconscious lover, trying to keep him from fading away. Kangin watched helplessly from the side, his head whipping from side to side as he looked at Heechul lying far away, and Eunhyuk who was also unconscious.

All the other members gathered around their fiery diva whispered frantically, "Why isn't the ambulance here yet? He's drifting in and out---"

"He's out cold again!"

"THEY BOTH ARE."

"Maknae! You sure you called?"

"I did---I swear I did, hyung! It's just impossibly stupidly slow." The maknae felt his heart clench in frustration.

Donghae called over, "Wait, we need two! Don't we?" No answer...Silence. He turned his teary eyes toward his leader, hysterically mumbling incomprehensible expletives.

"Shut up! Just shut up!"

Siwon growled in frustration, holding the unconscious diva's hand tightly. He didn't dare touch the pale face, nor the hair matted and pooling with blood. He kept whispering encouraging words in Heechul's ear, just in case the diva could actually hear him, but Donghae's endless words just didn't seem to raise his hopes of bringing the diva back around.

But the diva could hear him--through the midst of warm light that enveloped his mind, as he finally came to for a minute; through the haze of warmth that made him lost in a fading dream, without pain, without heartbreak. He could hear the soft, desperate words in his ear.

"Please don't leave me.

Please stay with us, Chullie. 

Please, come back.

It'll be okay...

We need you---I need you."

 Yet through his oblivion, the man surrounded by his brothers could hear a desperate scream for someone else. Wait, Hyu...what? Hyuk--?

No, not Hyukjae. In his mind, Heechul tried to grab onto the last threads of consciousness in front of him. "No! I-I didn't mean to---I didn't mean to take Hyukjae with me!" He tried to open his eyes, tried to sweep away the now-blinding light, and smothering warmth clouding his mind. His mouth wouldn't work the way he wanted to--despite his furious attempts to try to wake up and tell them once again.

"I----didnt mean to."

 Too late, the lingering warmth that pulled at the edge of his mind was too strong, and--and--this warmth and this light made him able to forget.

Made him forget--everything that made him this way. Broken.


Siwon's face jerked upwards at the sound of an ambulance. He looked at Sungmin purposefully, and he could easily see that the deer-lipped man got the message. Sungmin flitted to the head security guard from the station quickly, muttering to the stoic man to clear a path for the paramedics. Giving a small glare to the fussing members of Super Junior, the guard barked out clear, short orders, and a path was made in a blink of an eye by the spread out security in the midst of the crowds.

Donghae called out to the first paramedic in sight, "Over here! Hurry---" Siwon glared at the man for taking the first paramedic, but hurriedly called over another. With a short command from the practiced medics, everyone backed away as they worked. Without question, Donghae and Siwon quickly piled in the ambulance to ride with the injured to the hospital.

The others ran back to their van. None of them could shake of the foreboding feeling burdening their shoulders.

Many things were never going to be the same again.

 

I'm so sorry for not updating for so long. I haven't been updating anything as a matter of fact, for quite a while now. I profusely apologize.

Well, this chapter wasn't really well-written at all TT I think I'm losing it---my touch with my ongoing stories. IMaybe I'll write a few oneshots first. 'm unwilling to delete this, but I hope it won't waste your time either. >.< I'm sorry that this chapter is still so short too.

I'll work harder. Thank you for reading!!~ Please leave some feedback!