02. First + ½ Train

Missed the Train To You

Okay, I'm really sorry for not updating for so longg~~ Q.Q I've been pretty busy and there's the other fics that I have going on >.< Thank you for sticking with me ^o^


Heechul placed his arms around Hankyung in his dream, breathing in the familiar scent and feeling the lean, firm body against his. “Hannie, I’m never letting you go again---if you’re going anywhere, you’d better bring me with you. Please---.” Hankyung stayed quiet and simply smiled, never breaking eye contact with Heechul, but Heechul’s eyes widened as Hankyung’s body started to fade.

“Hannie---don’t leave, you jerk. Don’t you dare leave without me—wait for me, please!” He grabbed onto the hand that was still in sight without hesitation, gasping when the hand pulled him into the light. He could feel the warmth surrounding him, drowning his sorrows out, making him forget his pains. The painful memories faded, replaced with the happy memories that existed long before the painful ones scarred him.

He relaxed under the soft teasing light that provided him with more comfort than anything else out there in the world. Gone was his main source of longing and pain—he smiled, his mind’s eye fading out into darkness.

“KIM HEECHUL, DON’T FALL ASLEEP—NO!” Siwon slammed his fist against the side of the platform beside the unconscious princess of their group. Tears were in the eyes of every member present. The others who were also trying to get them out nearly fell over with shock at the sudden bang. A yelp and a frustrated yell swirled upwards.

“Siwon, I know you’re worried, but get your mind straight. We have to get him out of here first without anyone else getting hurt. Time is precious.” Leeteuk yanked himself up slightly, peered up at the platform, and called loudly over the crowds to the still frozen maknae of the group. “Kyuhyun, yah—call an ambulance will you?”

Kyuhyun blankly started back to life, robotically taking out his phone and complying with his leader’s words. This is one of the times that the maknae acts like one—sometimes I really do forget he is the youngest. Leeteuk shook his head and turned back to the issue at hand, wiping his blurry tears away carelessly. “Try to stop the blood flow; we have to get Chullie up on the platform, okay guys?”

By this time, the commotion and gathering people around the platform attracted security guards, and they were soon headed towards the centre. Donghae and Sungmin, who were decided as the ones to take care of the public eye, pulled the gathering security guards over and tried to ask them to stop the next train.

“Sir, will you please stop the train? Can you call the operator or something?”

“Mr. Lee, isn’t it? Well—we’ve got a problem. The train is already too close to the station to do that. The speed of our trains are just too fast--if we told them to stop, both the train, the many people aboard it and the station would take great injuries and damages. We have sent the message for the train to not stop here, but I apologize, but it seems that unless we get those people out of there, there will be no chance for them. What were they doing, group suicide together?”

Sarcasm and smugness had entered the security guard’s words at the end as he ended with a smirk. Donghae and Sungmin glared at the security guards, angry at their reaction and tone. The normally gentle aegyo king held it in for a minute, and finally exploded, words sharper than knives.

“Well, since you and your colleagues are heartless cowards who don’t care for the people who are risking their lives to save their friend and family, is this the best you can do? Stand here? Buckle up—sir, because if any one of them suffers life-threatening injuries, it’ll be your fault. Mark my words, we’ll find you—maybe even sue you.” Anger flashed through the officials’ eyes as Sungmin’s words that only held both threats and insults left his mouth.

“Well—what do you suggest, oh-so-great idol? Do you want us to jump in with them?”

Donghae watched the exchange of insults and sighed, knowing that every precious second that went by meant a slimmer chance of survival for his group mates. He kneaded his forehead feeling a splitting headache cut through his head as he thought of the future and of headlines saying “SUPER JUNIOR: GROUP SUICIDE AT TRAIN STATION AFTER CHINAMAN LEAVES” He frowned, not wanting such thing to occur and turned back to the security guard. Both Heechul and Hankyung would never have wanted Super Junior to end that way—he was sure of that.

“Sir, if there’s nothing else you can do, then can you at least protect our image then? That’s safe enough, isn’t it? Can you at least help us contain the news and let as little people possible to know about this unfortunate incident? Please? We don’t want our fans to be afraid and I’m sure that it’ll get you a raise, especially if our company is involved. How about it?” Donghae’s politer voice and words slowly got through to the angry security guards standing near the two. They sighed in defeat--

“Fine—we’ll do that, and by the way, I know we seem heartless, but you have to understand that there are too many other lives at stake on the train. We do what we have to do—but the most we can do is protecting your identities and getting the ambulance through to you guys here; we can’t protect you guys 100%, but we’ll try…” the head officer turned, “Okay, men—move out! Move, move, move—circle out, push!”

“Roger that, sir!”

Shisus—oh god, 5 minutes.

Despite the security team’s efforts to keep the news to a minimum, the station had erupted into chaos and commotion as people were banned from entering that particular section of the station. People tried to peer past the guards, but with a quick grunt from the burly guards, the people refrained from nearing the area. However, it did not stop the mumbles, rumours, and the rapid chattering of the people—both fans and ordinary citizens alike.

Donghae and Sungmin turned back through the dispersing crowd (thanks to the officers), moving towards Kyuhyun on the phone for ambulance, and Ryeowook, who was still frozen in shock. The four could only stand side-by-side, offering silent support for each other and the members who were down under, trying to save Heechul. There wasn’t enough room down there and it was too dangerous, but they believed that the others could save them. Faith.

Underneath the platform on the railway, with only 5 minutes left, Eunhyuk, Kangin, Leeteuk, Siwon, and Yesung all tried to staunch the blood flowing out of the delicate man’s head, all in vain. Watching the time tick without mercy, the 5 men who were willing to risk their lives for a fellow member finally decided to lift the out Heechul precariously up back to safety.

It was odd, but even though Heechul was not quite that heavy, the 5 men were extremely scared to move him. They could barely use any of their strength, in fear of something having been broken inside their friend—

The leader swiftly took over, forced composure kicking back in. “Siwon, Kangin, please—lift him up from underneath. Sungie, we are going to pull him up from above. Eunhyuk, support the arms and the sides. I’m scared too, but it’s the only way. We can’t leave him behind.”

The others nodded without question, too accustomed to following their leader. In a swirl of action fuelled by adrenaline, Kangin and Siwon lifted up the unconscious, bleeding man from underneath carefully, while Yesung and Leeteuk climbed up back onto the platform easily with the help of Eunhyuk. The two men gently pulled from above while the 3 men underneath lifted up the limp man as carefully as they could.

“One, Two, Three---Lift!”

Finally succeeding with 1 minute left, a crying Donghae, Sungmin, Kyuhyun and a teary Ryeowook rushed into action and gathered around to the side of the platform. “Okay—we got him out!” Helping out Yesung and Leeteuk, the six of them on the platform quickly lifted Heechul away from the sides and lay him down in a CPR safety position in the space that the security guards cleared.

“Kyuhyun, did you call the ambulance?” Yesung’s melodic voice tensed with a rare panic drifted softly over the commotion in the station. Kyuhyun’s eyes blankly travelled to the other man as he nodded, his gaze swiftly returning to the unconscious man. Donghae spoke up softly, “It’s a miracle that none of us hit any of the electrical wires.” Only a solemn silence ensued with tension.

They all gathered around worriedly about Heechul’s body they placed on his side with his arm supporting his head and his knee stopping his body from rolling over. In the midst of their fretting, the six members seemed to have left the other three down in the rails to their own devices.

Siwon and Kangin managed to get onto the safety of the platform, but suddenly, Eunhyuk cried out loudly. “Gah--!” Siwon had rushed off towards Heechul already, but Kangin looked back at their dancer, already halfway towards Heechul, far away from the side. “Hyuk--?”

Eunhyuk’s eyes closed as waves of pain shot up his leg and certain warmth dripped down. The scent of iron filled his nose. Gritting his teeth, he opened his eyes that watered from the intensity of the pain. Two deep cuts had been sliced into the muscles of his thighs and calves, due to some fateful, rusty iron that just happened to be jutting out the side. Another cry left his lips as his leg twitched from the sudden gash and his ankle twisted as he fell back onto the railings behind him. “Hyukjae—what’s--?”

Siwon finally turned around as the others gathered around Heechul whipped their heads toward the spot Eunhyuk was supposed to get up at. Ryeowook whimpered and tears welled as he pointed to the edge of the station. A flash of white and a rumble began to shake the ground as the members of Super Junior stared, frozen in horror, at the platform from which an injured Eunhyuk did not appear. Whimpering, but not a scream was heard.

The station went deadly silent—not even the citizens chattered, even though they didn’t seem to have caught on as to who it was-- as the rumbling sound of the train filled the station and blew past it pointlessly, due to having received instructions not to stop there. Two heartbeats passed as the train continued without stopping, and Donghae’s heart-wrenching screams for his partner-for-life began. “HYUKJAE! HYUKJAE!”

“HYUKJAE!”


AHH~! >.< I'm sorry the timing and the pulling Hee-nim out is a bit unrealistic--but please, just go along with the plot xD im sorrryy x100000 ^o^ just go with it as them being too worried and Heechul having broken something/bleeding a ton :$