1

Strange Fate (HIATUS)

 

The sun shines brightly. Her silhouette reflects her tall and lean body as she continues walking. The warm, breezy wind blew through her hair and causing her hair to be disheveled but none of that can erase that sweet, beautiful smile from her face. She continues walking to her everyday’s destination. She passed by tall buildings, heavy and busy roads and crowded places. One of the reason why she loves her workplace, it’s in a secluded and quiet area. As she continues walking, she can’t help but to smile at everything she encounters.

 

She glanced at her watch and realized that she still have a lot of time to kill before she starts her work. She dropped by at a florist nearby her workplace and bought a bouquet of yellow roses. She continues her journey to her workplace along with that sweet, beautiful smile and a bouquet of yellow roses on her left hand. Finally she reached her workplace, a coffee shop.

 

The door creaks as she opened it. “Good morning Chae. You look happy today.” Her manager greeted her. “Good morning Mr. Kim. Don’t I always look happy every day?” he smiles at her response. She passes by her manager and greeted other employees and heads to the back room. She changed from wearing a beautiful yellow sundress to her daily uniform, a white shirt, a black slacks and her daily apron with ‘Kim’s Coffee Shop, where you can have your freshly brewed coffee every day’ written on it. Today she decided to let her hair down and wears a cap over it. She took a quick glance at the mirror and satisfied with the way she looks. 

 

 

She went out from the room and starts her shift. As usual, morning is usually a quiet time for the shop. When there’s no customer, she took out her Norwegian Wood book and starts reading. Everyone knows that Chae loves to read and when she’s in her reading mode, nothing can distract her. Not even a car crash in front of the shop or hot and good looking customers come to buy some coffee or just sitting around. Everyone knows that Chae or her real name, Lee Chaerin is a book worm and she can’t go a day without reading anything.

 

 

“Yo Chaerin, look at me. I need your help,” says Anna, one of her co-worker.

“I am reading Anna. I’ll help you later.” “No, you have to help me now and I’m not taking any excuses.” Anna took away her book and throws it away. “What the hell Anna? That’s a new book, I just bought it yesterday!” Chae ran to retrieve her book. Anna rolls her eyes while others chuckled upon seeing them.

“Whatever it is that you need my help with it, better be good or otherwise I’m gonna kill you.”

“It is good. Don’t worry.”

“What is it?”

“I have a blind date tonight. Could you help me pick out the right dress, shoes, bags, makeup and hairstyle?”

“SERIOUSLY? YOU THREW AWAY MY BOOK JUST FOR THESE QUESTIONS?”

“Yah, it IS important to me. Pfft. Never mind, I’ll ask someone else to help me.”

“Who do you think wants to help you huh?”

Anna turns around to ask others but they seem busy doing whatever they’re doing. She turns back to Chae and sighs in defeat. “Fine, no one wants to help me other than you. So please? With cherry on top and some chocolate rice sprinkles too?”

Chae looks at Anna’s so called aegyo look and rolls her eyes. “Fine, I’ll be at your apartment at 5.” “Okay then, love you Chae-chae!” “I told you, don’t you ever called me that!”

 

With that, Chaerin chased Anna around the shop while watched by others. Their play time was cut short when a guy walks in.

 

 

 

“Excuse me; I’m looking for Lee Chaerin”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: So here's the first chapter. Since I have no idea what to write, I hope this is okay. Haha
Do let me know if there's a grammar or spelling error