Only One

Only One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o3rAetVPuo3

It has been 2 months after their big blow break up. The ace of the basketball team, Myungsoo and the talent/beauty and brain of Seoul University, Kaori had just broken up. Everyone in school thinks its ironic that two people that are so perfect and meant for each other end up just wasting two lovely hearts. But as most people say, they were a cliché, both popular, beautiful and handsome and almost has the same likings, yep, they were A CLICHÉ.

              
But unlike everyone thinks, there is this one girl who thinks likewise, thinks that what the two shared was real and wasn’t a movie wannabe or some classic fairytale. This Korean-Japanese girl is no other than Park Kaori. But ask her that in public, she’d smack you and dump a slushie to your face. She had a reputation to maintain and cracking down and refusing to move on over some sloppy boy, isn’t one she’d admit to, even if all her actions say it otherwise. But then again, she HAS to move on, because he definitely has already. He’s dating this cheer leader that brings every mad nerve in her body. And she surely isn’t single too. Yes, she is the girlfriend of the kingka Lee ByungHyun and thinking about Myungsoo is like mental cheating right? Oh yea right.
So when Kaori saw that exact boy, yes that boy that made her heart skips a couple of beats and every action go slow, leaning just beside her locker, she was confused and slightly blushing at the same time.

“L?” She cooed.
"Hey~" he greeted her, leaning casually against the row of metal lockers and crossing his arms over his chest.
He gave her his best smile, but still, she rolled her eyes upon noticing him. Fixing her hair in her locker mirror she asked.
"Are you lost myungsoo?" refusing to look at him, her voice as y as ever out of bitterness but myungsoo didn’t mind. All he thinks about was her voice. How she can make his heart hammer in his chest with the way she calls out his name. He was about to reply but was cut off by Kaori’s statement.”Hyangsoo’s locker is further down."

He scrunched up his nose in confusion for a moment, not having gotten the comparison at first, before finally realizing that she was referring to his girlfriend.
"Oh no," he corrected her, walking to her other side now so that he wouldn't be talking to her through her mirror. "I'm not looking for Hyangsoo. Actually, I wanted to talk to you."
She looked at him skeptically for a moment as she stilled in her movements. He wanted to talk to her? Since when?
"What about?" she indulged him anyway, although she kept her voice cool and collected.
In reality, she was anything but in control of her emotions. Oh man. Her heart was beating so fast right now; she was probably going to go into cardiac arrest at any moment. Someone would need to call her a freaking ambulance soon!
"I overheard your friends about you and Ljoe just now in my Spanish class, and that he told you that he wanted you to move in with him" he informed her, puzzled as to why she was acting so cold towards him. "I was just wondering why you like him?”
“He’s kind of a jerk and stirs up trouble all the time. I mean, he’s not exactly your type, and I don’t know, are you gonna say yes to him or what? Have you made a choice already?” He spilled out his curiosity in one go, almost like in a rap manner. He was rambling he knew, but he couldn't help it. Park Kaori just made him so pretty nervous all the time.

"Not officially but" she answered him nonchalantly, collecting her books and stuffs just after she finished putting some lipbalm.
"I am going to say yes. You of all people can understand that, can't you?" She paused in her movements when he remained unresponsive. With a loud thud, she closes her locker and she angled her body so that she was now facing him. He swallowed hard when she quirked an eyebrow in his direction, knowing full well that that was her silent way of daring him to challenge her.
"I'm not sure that I do," he responded anyway, knowing that he was a hypocrite for saying so.
She scoffed, rolling her eyes as she returned her attention toward the contents of her locker once more after reopening it again.
"Oh, I see. Would you like to be the pot or the kettle today Myungsoo?" she asked him, even though she knew the meaning of what she was saying would probably be lost on him.
"Because I'd really like to be the kettle this time around, not that it matters of course. They're both black." She swiveled around to face him again upon finishing her statement, but he only continued to stare at her blankly, not really understanding why she was bringing pots and kettles into this. Noticing his oblivious expression (the one she had expected), she restated her point in simpler terms for him.


"Your girlfriend, Hyangsoo is kind of a jerk version of a girl you know and you moved in together remember" She stated as-a-matter-of-factly, her nose stuck up in the air. "So don't you dare judge me Myung."
With that, she grabbed her bag and slammed her locker door shut again, heading for the gym where she was supposed to meet her squad in about ten minutes. It took him a good twenty seconds to realize that she was even walking away from him.
"Wait up Kaye!" he shouted after her, brisk walking to her side. "You're absolutely right. I have no right to judge you. I'd be a hypocrite if I did, but I know now that I made a mistake when I went through all that and dated that kind of a girl. I'm trying to save you from making the same one. Can't you see that?"
She paused in her steps upon hearing his words.
He almost sounded like he cared about her.
"Why?" she questioned simply, cocking her head to the side in anticipation over his response. "Why does it matter to you whether or not I say yes to him?"
He blinked, swallowing hard at her question. He had no choice but to lie to her of course. The alternative would be telling her the truth and frankly, admitting that he missed her, that he wanted her to be his again especially after he’s no longer committed anymore and wishing she’d come back to him would be completely and utterly absurd. He'd seen how somehow happy Kaori was with Ljoe. There was no way she had any lingering feelings for him the way he had for her.
"I just don’t want you to get hurt," he explained to her instead, which was actually true though not the real reason as to why he wanted her to say no to Ljoe. "I know how much it hurts and you deserve to be happy. I haven’t seen you smile that much you know"
She tried so hard to suppress her smile then. He still noticed me? She thought.
"True, but being with him still makes me quite happy too," she reminded him, maintaining her indifferent composure as she continued her trek down the hall.
"Oh, come on Kaori!" he protested, trying to match her hurried steps toward the gym. "Just hear me out, will you?"
"Look myungsoo," she enlightened him, bumping into his chest as she turned around to address him. "Thank you for your concern, but this decision is mine and mine alone. Frankly, if I truly needed someone's opinion, it would be Ljoe's. You remember Ljoe, don't you? The Lee ByungHyun? My boyfriend?"
She could have sworn she saw him flinch at the mention of Ljoe's name. Then again, she was so desperate for hers to believe that myungsoo secretly wanted to get back together with her sometimes that this could all very well be in her own delusional head.
"Of course," he echoed bitterly, leading her for a split second to believe otherwise. "How could I possibly forget?"
Kaori stood there frozen for a moment before she opened , wanting to clarify exactly what he had meant by that. Before she could so much as get a word in, however, one of her friends called her to join their group study.

"Oh, there you are Kaye" she noted, motioning for her to come in already. "Hurry the hell up. I’ve been waiting for you, and you’re late"
The blonde obliged, but it was only when the metal doors closed tightly behind her that she finally broke eye contact with myungsoo.

What the hell had that been all about?