Soo Yun and Ji Dae [ Teaser/Chapter ]

Donghwa Academy: Your Life Could Be A Fairy Tale!

 

“So who’s the that stole my Changjo?” Soo Yun chirped with a cute smile. No one would’ve noticed the threat in her words. The only thing that seemed iffy was the swear word rolling on her tongue. She was never one to swear and it seemed so unnatural for her to do such a thing. But really, this was a time of crisis. Someone had taken her crush before her! 

Ji Dae smiled and shook her head. “It was just a rumour. Min started it after hearing that he liked her. She was saying how they were so in love but when people asked Changjo, he asked them what the hell they were talking about. Imagine Min’s reaction!” 

The two girls began to laugh uncontrollably. They had a mutual dislike for Min. She was beautiful and popular. And tried to make everybody like her. This made her seem almost tyrannical. Well, to Soo Yun and Ji Dae’s eyes. In reality, Min was just trying to be nice and fit in like everyone else. 

“Does Changjo actually like her?” the smaller girl asked. Ji Dae shrugged. 

“How am I supposed to know? Why don’t you ask one of his friends?” she suggested. Soo Yun pursed her lips in thought before nodding like a little kid. She didn’t say anything else as she started to walk down the hallway. “I was joking. But that’s okay. I got to go to class anyway. Bye to you too, Soo Yunnie!” 

Soo Yun smiled and waved off her friend. She hurried down the hall. “Ricky! Ricky!” she yelled out, trying to find the boy amongst the crowd. She hated finding people, especially before class. “Ricky!~” 

“Ah, stop yelling in my ear! You’re going to make me deaf!” the blue-haired boy whined. He covered one of his ears and he cutely glared at Soo Yun. 

She gasped and looked down. She clasped her hands behind her back. She swayed from side to side, saying, “Sorry, Ricky. I didn’t mean to.~”

“Aish. What do you want, Yunnie? I know you. You always do aegyo when you want something.” 

“I want to know if you know who Changjo has a crush on. I mean, I don’t want to know. A friend of mine wants to know. Because y’know, she likes him. Really bad. It’s embarrassing how much she likes him,” she told him in a rush. Ricky only rolled his eyes. He adjusted his sweater then crossed his arms. His gaze was disbelieving. 

“You expect me to believe that? It’s so obvious you like him!” he exclaimed, louder than intended. Nearby people looked at them strangely. It was easy to tell that they were listening in on their conversation. Everyone wanted to know who everybody else liked. The two became wary of their surroundings. 

“Pabo. Well, do you know or what?” she asked in a hushed voice. Ricky sighed and adjusted his sweater again as he moved a strand of blue hair out of his face. He nodded slowly, chewing on his lip. Soo Yun was getting frustrated with the way he was acting. Why wasn’t he telling her? What was on his mind?

“I know. But I can’t tell. He made me promise. Changjo can be scarier than the bully of the school bully,” he mumbled back. “I’m sorry, Yunnie. Besides, you have Phys. Ed now. You better hurry and change so you won’t be late. There, you can ask him yourself, right?”

The girl sighed and nodded. “Okay, okay. I’ll go. I’ll see you around, Ricky!” she exclaimed. The two waved to each other as Ricky went to Physical Health class, the gym credit substitute. There was no way that the boy would be caught dead in an actual gym class. 

She quickly went to her locker and grabbed her gym clothes. As soon as she locked it back up again, she bounded towards the girls’ change room. There was someone else who was late as well. The two ended up walking at the same pace with an awkward air between them. The awkwardness quickly dissipated as she smiled at the boy.

“Phys. Ed is one class I’d hate to be late for,” she told him. Jihoon nodded in response.

“Yeah, especially with Mr. Ham. If the school would let him, he’d bring a whip to class.” The two teenagers shuddered at the thought. The scary gym teacher with a booming voice, holding a long black whip. The students would all be his slave. Soo Yun light out a small squeak. 

“Why is Phys. Ed so scary?” she whined loudly. Jihoon chuckled and shook his head as he went into the boys’ change room. What was that supposed to mean? Why’d he shake his head? Soo Yun sighed as she went to the girl’s change room just down the hall. 

Ji Dae was already in her gym clothes. She had on a black T-shirt with grey biker shorts. Her sneakers were black with white stripes. As soon as the girl walked in, she said, “Oh good, you made it. Hurry up so Mr. Ham doesn’t make you do extra laps. I know how you hate that.” 

She smiled at her, took a swig of her water bottle, then left for the gymnasium. That means she’d have to change by herself. Soo Yun sighed heavily and hid in one of the shower stalls. She closed the curtain so no one would see her. She changed into her gym clothes silently then froze when she heard girls talking. She stayed hidden in the shower stall. Not wanting to make a single noise, she barely breathed. 

“I heard Jihoon’s leaving with his dad on some military deployment,” one girl was saying. It sounded like Jia, but Soo Yun couldn’t tell for sure. “He has to stay at a base and train to become a military troop.”

“But he’s underage!” It was Suzy. Anyone could tell by her voice. 

“Jihoon’s dad is so high up the ladder that he can bend the rules like that. It’s something about living up to some family honour . Honestly, if I were him, I’d run away!” the girl that sounded like Jia said. The other girls agreed and continued on gossiping about other people. All Soo Yun could concentrate on was Jihoon. Was it true? If it was, Ji Dae would surely be heartbroken. After all, the two have had a crush on each other for the absolute longest time. 

She wasn’t sure to trust teenagers, especially gossiping girls. So her lips stayed zipped as she went into the gymnasium. The girl took her usual spot by her friend. She easily spotted Jihoon, who was looking nonchalant and confident as always.

From the back of her eye, she also saw Changjo walk in with one shoe on his foot. He was trying to put the other one on while he was walking. That’s all she was able to comprehend without feeling creepy. Then she sparked up a conversation with Ji Dae about the upcoming pep rally. It was difficult not to mention any of the news she heard but she managed. The one big question lingered: should Soo Yun tell Ji Dae about what she heard about Jihoon?

Well, here's a teaser for all of y'all! Well, it's kind of a teaser, kind of a first chapter. I got bored okay? And I didn't want to reveal the next girl just yet. So I decided, two girls will be revealed then a teaser/chapter. Just so you know, everyone will be in the story. It's just that there are six main couples/stories. So, you guys are going to settle being minor characters if you don't get chosen, right? Anyways, please apply to the story and all!