Swimming, Parks and Ice-cream

Crazy Young Love

 

"Okay you lazy asses, I am off to fetch my girlfriend from the airport," Mr. Jung, Jongup's dance instructor said as he stuffed his shoes into his shoe bag. "Enjoy the extra one hour you have off today, and quit smiling like that Jongup, it hurts me to see you react so happily to the fact that I am leaving," he scolded the bright student, his tone light.

 

Jongup laughed easily as he waved goodbye to his instructor, and immediately ran to the side of the studio to where the bags were placed to check his phone. As expected, there was a message from Himchan.

 

From: Himchannie hyung

 

Ending swimming in another thirty minutes but my muscles are sore already. Help me, Jongup-ah (/ x_x)/

 

Jongup giggled to himself, and he quickly changed into his normal shoes and wore another T-shirt over the white wifebeater he was wearing.

 

"You are really smiley today Jongup, not that you weren't before, but just...smilier. Did something happen?" Jongup turned to see his dance senior Taemin, talking to him.

 

"Yeah, you even smiled when coach accidentally stepped on your iPod just now..." Kai, his dance mate said. "and I remember you nearly breaking down in tears before when I did the same thing."

 

Jongup grinned, shaking his head. "I have no idea why I am like this too."

 

Kai exchanged glances with Taemin, shaking their heads.

 

"Hey!" Jongup cried as Kai suddenly snatched his phone away from him. Taemin easily blocked Jongup as he lunged at Kai, desperately trying to get it back. Jongup groaned at the differences of their heights, an advantage which the two clearly had over him.

 

"Himchannie hyung, Himchannie hyung, Himchannie hyung," Kai read as he scrolled through the text messages Jongup had received in the past few days. Both him and Taemin smirked as they looked at Jongup, whose cheeks were tinted pink.

 

"Wow, those rumours about you dating the student council president were true after all," Taemin chuckled. "So how did you get him to ask you out? Did you seduce him in some locker room?" Jongup's eyes grew wide, and he spluttered and blushed darkly, denying ever having done such a thing.

 

"We are just joking with you Jongup!" Kai laughed, seeing his friend act so defensive all of a sudden. "We both know you don't have the guts to pull off such a thing anyway," he said, tossing Jongup his phone again.

 

"Yeah, the only possibility of that ever happening is if someone made you really, really high," Taemin said. "Yeah, are you on drugs?" Kai said, shooting Jongup a glance. Jongup just smiled as he read his texts again.

 

"Jongup is acting very weirdly today," Kai sighed as he shook his head. "Stop acting like some lovesick puppy please," he mimed gagging as he pointed to his throat. Jongup laughed, pushing Kai a bit and taking back his phone.

 

"The president is gorgeous. Imagine what I would give to have him ask me out too," Kai continued, sighing dreamily and clasping his hands together.

 

Jongup smiled, but it faltered when Taemin suddenly asked him. "Why did he ask you out though? Have you talked to him before?" Jongup kept quiet, and he shook his head.

 

"Actually...no," he admitted, his voice small. All three of them were quiet, until Taemin suddenly clapped Jongup on the back and pinched his cheek.

 

"Aww, our little Jonguppie had the President's heart even before his confession, that is so cute."

 

Gently pushing Taemin's hand away from his face, Jongup rubbed his pinched cheek, flushing.

 

"I don't know, I am not sure if he is just, trying to use me as an experiment or something, I-I think that's highly possible, so I am not hoping for much," Jongup sighed, Daehyun's words crossing his mind. Daehyun really isn't all that an idiot. Since two days ago when Himchan had confessed to him, all Daehyun did was simply voice out Jongup's exact fears.

 

What if he was trying to use him for something? An experiment, like Daehyun stated, or if he was using him as a prize for a bet?

 

Jongup had never been in a relationship before, as no body had ever confessed to him and he didn't have the guts to confess to anyone too, well, if you count that messed up confession to Jieun in elementary school by oh-so-wonderful Jerkhyun. All Jongup did was admire Himchan from afar when he came into this school, never daring to go near him because of his monstrous fan club tagging after him wherever he went.

 

'Shocked' as a reaction was an understatement to Himchan's sudden confession. 'Oh-my-ing-god-what-why-how-am-I-seriously-hearing-this' is a more accurate one, the exact expression of Jongup's thoughts the moment he got home from school that day and thought through the events that happened in school that day.

 

But every thing could be a set-up, couldn't it? This was way too good to be true.

 

Taemin and Kai looked at each other, unsure of how to respond to this, but Taemin finally broke the silence, smiling warmly at Jongup.

 

"Well, I don't think that's the case at all, so don't worry," Taemin said, patting Jongup on the back, "You are a lot more charming than you think, Jongup," Jongup blushed from the compliment and stuttered a bit. His eyes widened as they landed on the clock behind Taemin though, and realized how late it was already. He flashed a grateful smile to his dance mates before hurrying to grab his bag and towel, stumbling out of the dance studio.

 

Kai looked at Jongup's retreating back worriedly. "Taemin..."

 

Taemin sighed, "I am worried about Jongup too."

 

"Jongup's too naive to actually know if Himchan's intentions are true or not, what if-"

 

Taemin's brows furrowed. He was thinking the exact same thing when Jongup had mentioned that he had never spoken to the president before. He had never heard Himchan crushing or confessing to someone before, and imagine his surprise when news of Himchan asking Jongup out got out. He had never spoken to Himchan before as they were in different grades, so he wasn't sure what Himchan's personality was like. Whether he was a playboy or not, he didn't know.

 

But he did know that Jongup was still delicate and innocent, and he may be crushed if this relationship wasn't real. He also knew how much the younger looked up to Himchan, though he denied ever stalking or trying to hang out longer than necessary at the pools, where Himchan and his swim mates trained at.

 

Oh, wait...but then there was this guy, what was his name again? The guy who always hung around Jongup...

 

 

 

Taemin chuckled, remembering. "It's okay Kai, I think Jongup would be under good hands if that were to happen."

 

Kai glanced at Taemin, confused, but then his face lighted up and he clapped his hands.

"Oh! That handsome childhood friend of Jongup's?"

 

Taemin laughed, not sure if he was still a 'friend' from the number of complaints about him from Jongup, but yeah, that came close.

 

Jung Daehyun would probably have everything under control.

 

-----

 

Jongup stumbled into the swimming area of their school, panting slightly from having ran. He glanced around and saw Himchan just coming out of the pool after finishing up his laps, and oh god-

 

He was absolutely gorgeous. His perfect skin was a bit bronzed and tanned from the sun but was smooth, with water droplets rolling off the surface like something out of a photo shoot. His arm muscles were rippling under the sun as he flexed his back, stretching and causing the water droplets to roll more quickly down his skin. He had a perfect V-line, his back towards Jongup. He was wearing tight, tight, tight swimming trunks that hugged his toned thighs and equally toned . He took off his googles, shaking his hair a bit and causing water to fleck off in all directions, all seemingly in slow-motion like a drama.

 

Jongup gulped, and felt his throat constrict a bit as he gazed at the president. A scoff brought him back to his senses.

 

"Hey, are you just going to stand there or what?" Jongup turned his head to see a horde of girls sitting on the bleachers. He blinked, and saw that the girls were holding placards with words like 'Himchan oppa you are my drug' or 'Fast like fireworks, Kim Himchan'.

 

Of course, Himchan's fan club.

 

A girl walked down from the bleachers' steps and Jongup suddenly felt small and inferior. He assumed she was the head person of the fan club, judging from the way she held herself. She was really beautiful, with thick, wavy black hair and large eyes. Jongup took a step back warily, gulping. The girl looked surprised at Jongup's reaction, and laughed.

 

"Oh Jongup-sshi, we are not going to murder you, don't worry."

 

Jongup looked at her, not really surprised about the fact that she knew his name. He guessed the fangirls should have been on his tail ever since the day Himchan asked him out. He was, however, surprised by the fact that they were not going to murder him. He blinked, eyes wide as he hesitated a bit, unsure of whether to believe her or not.

 

"You are not?" he asked, wary.

 

"Psh, we are much more mature than that, just because our precious president got himself a boyfriend doesn't mean we are going to kill you," She laughed. She sighed, a tad bit exasperated as Jongup still continued to stand there, uncertain. "I am being honest! We won't."

 

The girl's eyes were sincere, and he nodded, but still suspicious. The girl grinned and stretched out her hand.

 

"Great, nice to meet you, Jongup-sshi, my name is Sunhwa and I am a grade above you. Today is Thursay, so you probably just finished dance practice and is waiting for Himchan now, right?"

 

Jongup took her hand, but his eyes widened at the scarily accurate knowledge of his schedule. He glanced at the girls who were sitting on the bleachers, soundlessly opening and closing his mouth. They all snickered, not unkindly though, but more so at the brainless expression on Jongup's face.

 

Sunhwa smirked, and for a second Jongup was reminded of Daehyun.

 

Scary, intimidating (like that time on the bus) and not to mention; gorgeous.

 

"We have our ways, so you shouldn't be too surprised in future," she laughed, and gestured to the bleachers. "Have a sit, the president is probably ending his training soon."

 

Jongup walked over to sit on the benches, and he saw fan girls of every grade sitting there as well. They smiled warmly at him. Jongup was struck by how pretty they were up close. Like those ulzzangs you see on tumblr blogs; mature, beautiful seniors who rivaled models in magazines and pretty juniors that looked like they were part-time celebrities.

 

Jongup was scarily reminded of exactly how popular Himchan was at the moment. Their school was a wealthy one, but it was a quiet, private compound. The quality of students that went to this school was outstanding, most of them privileged and born with high background statuses. Jongup came from a fairly well-to-do family himself, but he could never quite stand on the same ground as Himchan, who was on an entirely different level.

 

Himchan was part of that group in school; students who were highly respected by peers and teachers alike, for he had the looks, talents and attitude. Seeing these girls now, Jongup could easily sense how almost all of them belonged to that particular group as well. They were beautiful, and judging by how 95% of this school's students came from wealthy families, they should be rich too.

 

They had more than enough qualities if any one of them were to date Kim Himchan.

 

Unlike Jongup.

 

Though he was a hardworking and bright student, compared to these girls, he was close to nothing. He suddenly felt self-conscious sitting there, all the thoughts and previous worries coming back.

 

Why was he sitting here? Why was he dating Kim Himchan? Is this even real?

 

He gripped his phone, palms starting to sweat. Somehow he was convinced that this was all a big mistake. He jerked when Sunhwa suddenly spoke.

 

"You know Jongup," she said, her eyes casted on Himchan who was still by the side of the pool. "To be honest, I don't know why the President suddenly asked you out."

 

Jongup felt his heart drop, and he sighed, nodding slightly because it was true.

 

"But there must be reason why," Sunhwa said, looking at him now, her eyes serious. "You are probably special, or have some sort of charm. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't understand why he would just date you like that. So now-" she placed her hand gently on Jongup's shoulder.

 

"Just don't try to feel pressured of how people around you feel about the relationship okay?" She smiled gently. Jongup nodded, and her grip tightened slightly.

 

"But, if you ever break the president's heart or if I ever see him crying over you..." her voice dropped a tone, sending chills down Jongup's spine. But before Sunhwa could continue her tiny threat, a voice called out.

 

"Hey Jongup!" Jongup turned to see Himchan walking over to the benches where his sat, dabbing at the water droplets all over his body with a towel. His eyes crinkled into small crescent moons, and he waved slightly to all the fangirls sitting behind Jongup and Sunhwa.

 

Jonguo sighed in relief, for he really didn't mind not knowing what Himchan's fanclub would do to him if he ever tried to hurt him. Honestly, would something like that even happen?

 

"Glad you came, sorry you had to wait so long," Himchan grinned at Jongup, and Jongup felt his throat constrict slightly, he stuttered, saying it was no problem at all.

 

"And I see you met Sunhwa as well," Himchan said, smiling at Sunhwa. "Keeping the fanclub in check?"

 

"Just making sure they don't pounce on you and Jongup, President-nim," she chuckled, tossing back her long, wavy hair.

 

"Sunhwa here is my fellow vice-president in the student council," Himchan said, grinning. "I heard she takes extra care to ensure I don't get stalked by people around the school," Jongup looked at Sunhwa, and she gave him a tiny wink, holding a finger to her lips. But then she scoffed.

 

"Well I think you two should leave for your little date, it's getting dark and unless you want to get arrested for being seen with a minor at night, I suggest you hurry up."

 

Himchan grinned and nodded, and gestured for Jongup to follow him. Jongup waved goodbye to Sunhwa and hurried to follow Himchan to the lockers for him to get a change of clothes.

 

-----

 

"Have you been dancing for long?" Himchan asked, grinning at Jongup. Himchan was walking Jongup home, after he realized Jongup's house was actually just a few blocks away from his. Jongup blinked, scratching his neck.

 

"Erm, around three years? I-I started when my mum told me it would be best for me to get a worthwhile hobby." he bit his lip and casted his gaze at the ground, not mentioning that the other reason for choosing dance was because Daehyun spent too much time scoffing at his stiffness and the way he moved like a stick.

 

"Really? But you dance like a professional, I saw you dance with your mates at last year's festival," Himchan said, smiling at the boy. Jongup's heart skipped a beat when he realized what Himchan was talking about. There was this mini concert held their school during a festival, and Jongup's dance team were one of the people who signed up to perform.

 

Jongup felt colour rise to his cheeks when he realized Himchan had actually noticed him. Even since last year. He wanted to make eye contact with Himchan but decided to stop himself at the last moment, opting to look at the ground instead. He whispered a word of 'thanks', his heart thumping harder than before. Himchan chuckled and ruffled his hair, making Jongup feeling all messed up on the inside again.

 

They continued walking for a few more minutes until Himchan suddenly stopped in his tracks. Jongup looked at the older boy, and then in front to try and figure out what he was looking at.

 

They were standing at the entrance of the park near their homes, the one that Jongup always came to play at when he was young.

 

There was a slight dazed look on Himchan's face, and Jongup bit his lip, confused. Only did he snap out of his stupor when Jongup waved his hand in front of Himchan's face, asking if he was okay.

 

"O-Oh, I am fine," he reassured, flashing another grin at Jongup. He blinked, and seemed to have an idea as he suddenly grabbed Jongup's hand, dragging him into the park.

 

"Hey, how about we go get some ice-cream? There is this really good ice-cream stand that an old ahjussi runs in the middle of this park." Jongup nodded, his face flushing. He didn't really care about the ice-cream, for he was sure he had been to that ice-cream stand more times than the older had, but rather of Himchan's large hands as they enveloped Jongup's small ones, fitting almost perfectly. Jongup felt dizzy at the warmth, unable to think that the person of his dreams was actually holding his hand, wanting to take him to ice-cream.

 

Jongup tried pinching himself, convinced that this was almost all a dream.

 

Jongup was breathless as Himchan arrived at the stand, also the one he and Daehyun frequented at when they were young. He gave Himchan a shy smile as the older turned to ask what flavor he wanted.

 

"C-cheesecake-" he blurted, saying the first thing that came into his mind. He cursed Daehyun for he was the one who influenced Jongup into liking that unusual ice-cream flavor when they were young. Himchan raised his eyebrows, but smiled and turned to the man and asked for two of the same flavors.

 

Jongup hurried to take out his wallet as Himchan handed his Jongup his ice-cream, but Himchan laughed.

 

"Silly, it's on me," Himchan said, trying to hand Jongup his ice-cream, which was already dripping from the cone.

 

"B-But-" Jongup took the ice-cream, but glanced at Himchan, wide-eyed.

 

"What kind of person would I be if I made my partner pay on our first date?" Himchan laughed jovially, and took a bite out of his ice-cream. Jongup felt his heart stop when Himchan mentioned the word 'date' and then thunder at high speed again against his ribcage.

 

This is a date?

 

Jongup would have nearly giggled to himself if not for the fact that Himchan suddenly motioned for them to take a walk around the park until they finished their ice-creams.

 

They were conversing as per normal until Himchan stopped in his tracks again, and Jongup blinked, looking forward.

 

A tale male dressed in a dark blue navy hoodie was jogging towards them, his earphones plugged in. He had a slightly tanned complexion, and dark-coloured hair with blonde tinged tips at the top. He had really defined cheekbones and a very handsome face. Jongup found himself staring until Himchan's voice suddenly spoke.

 

"Jongup-ah," he whispered.

 

He looked at the older male to see that the older had his fingers stretched out, brushing across his own cheekbones. He inhaled sharply, and stayed like that until Himchan's fingers drew away.

 

There was a gust of wind as the jogger ran past the couple, making his way around the flower beds and out of sight. Jongup felt his face tingle where Himchan's fingers had brushed, and he felt himself blush a light pink again.

 

Himchan had that same, slightly lost look in his eyes again, but then he smiled again, his eyes going up in crescents.

 

"Sorry, you had a bit of ice-cream on your cheeks," he said. Jongup brought his hand to his own cheek and lightly brushed the area Himchan had touched, feeling light. He gulped, and Himchan laughed slightly.

 

"Your ice-cream is melting, Jongup."

 

Jongup's eyes widened and he looked to his own cone of ice-cream, and realized it was dripping all over the pebbled ground. He gasped and hurried to try and clean the mess that trailed over his hands, embarrassing himself. Himchan laughed and he took out a handkerchief, gently helping to wipe Jongup's hands clean. Jongup stuttered out a thanks, and Himchan shrugged, saying that it was no big deal.

 

He gave Jongup the same dazzling smile, bunny teeth and all, and motioned him to follow him out of the park, for it was already quite dark.

 

Jongup hastily swallowed the rest of his ice-cream wiped the ice-cream clean off his hands with the handkerchief. He paused for a second, but then decided to fold the piece of cloth in half, safely tucking it into his backpocket before he ran after Himchan.

 

 

 

 

A/N: This is what happens when you procrastinate x_x next chapter will be out in a week or so I promise and hope ^_^

I am also working on other DaeJong oneshots! :D

Say hello to Sunhwa :D no but she will not be appearing in future chapters and neither will the fanclub xD if only all kpop fandoms were as mature as this one ㅠㅠ