Ch. 25- The Last Night

Dancing Butterflies

Dongwoo's POV:

" I promise."

I quietly squealed at Hoya's words. The reason why I quietly squealed was because Hoya is still asleep next to me. Right now I'm the only one awake in the room and probably the only one awake before every one else. I couldn't go back to sleep after I woke up so I decided to just lay here until Hoya wakes up. While Hoya is sleeping, I just stared at him. From his eyes to his lips, he is perfect in my eyes. There is so many words I can describe him with that I wouldn't know which one to pick first. Just being by his side like this is enough for me.

Hoya stirred a little bit in his sleep but didn't wake up. Carefully, I traced his face with my finger. When my finger landed at his lips, my heart started to beat faster. The thoughts of kissing him ran through my mind and heart. Hoya is a bit of a deep sleeper so he won't be able to feel it, right? If I do it quickly enough then it would be like nothing happened.

My heartbeat became faster and faster as I leaned my head forward. My lips were centimeters away from his. His breath lightly touched my lips sending shivers down my spine. I gripped onto his shirt and placed my lips on his. In that second, it felt like I was hit with lightning and fireworks were exploding inside of me. I withdrew immediately and placed my hand over my lips. My eyes widened to what I just did.

I-I just kissed him! Oh my god! I just kissed Hoya! W-What if he felt that? I shouldn't have done it! No!

I ran into the bathroom and slid down the door. My fingers trembled when they touched my lips. The feeling of his lips upon mine felt, how do I say it? Perfect? Those feelings are one-sided, though. Even if I thought the feeling was perfect, there is a probility that Hoya didn't think so. Also what if he was awake and felt disgusted by it? I don't want him to feel like that. I don't want him to distance himself from me because of it.

While I was washing my face, the bathroom door suddenly opened. In came Hoya scratching his stomach and his hair was sticking up all over. I rubbed his hair affectionately and threw him a towel. In order for him not to figure out what I did to him, I pushed him inside the bathroom and left. Then I shut the door and told him to take a shower or else everybody will be waiting for him. I didn't hear anything until the shower came on.

Since Hoya is taking a shower, I went to put on a change of clothes. A knock on the door made me jump so I checked through the hole to see who it was. Instead of a person, I saw a huge eyeball looking at me. I screamed at the top of my lungs and fell onto the floor.

" Dongwoo-hyung, what's wrong?"

" H-Hoya there is-" I turned my head around to see Hoya still wet with a towel wrapped around his waist. All thoughts flew out of my head and the words disappeared.

" What's wrong? Are you okay?" Hoya stepped closer to me with drenched, wet, muscular body. Which I tried very hard to look away. Then he stopped when voice yelled out from the other side of the door.

" Dongwoo-hyung! Hoya-hyung! Open up the door! It is me Sungyeol!"

Of course it would be him out of everybody.

" Coming Sungyeol," then he turned to look at me, " Here let me help you up." I took his which he offered and he pulled me up. Along the way my footing got weird and I bumped into his chest. In a second everything got awkward and weird because my body is feeling really warm, and Hoya isn't looking at me. I pulled away from him immediately and went to open the door instead of Hoya.

" Sungyeol, what do you want? I thought you would still be asleep."

" Nope! Myungsoo is still asleep and I'm too lazy to get him up. I will have Sunggyu-hyung go wake him up later."

Sungyeol pushed me out of the way so he could walk into our room. He jumped onto our newly made bed which I kind of got angry at. I rolled my eyes at him. My eyes caught Hoya grabbing his clothes out of his suitcase, but he hasn't say a word to me. I'm starting to worry. Was it something I did? Maybe I shouldn't have bumped into his chest. I sighed to myself and sat down next to Sungyeol. Hoya went into to the bathroom without saying a word.

" Hey, Dongwoo-hyung, did something happen between the two of you?" I shook my head at Sungyeol. I don't want him to know that I stole a kiss from Hoya. Who knows if he will be able to keep a secret. Sungyeol did aegyo to me in order to get info out of my mouth. That wasn't happening though! Nope! Never! Not in a million years!

" Dongwoo-hyung! Please! With a cherry on top? I love you Dongwoo-hyung!" Sungyeol jumped onto me before I could react and we both fell to the ground. It was extremely awkward for me because Hoya just came out of the bathroom and Sungyeol was idiotically smiling at me.

" Get off of him." Finally, Sungyeol was pulled off of me by Hoya but it looks like he is really pissed off now. Great. I don't even know what I did to make him like this. I stood up and brushed off the non-existent dust.

" Hoya-hyung! I was just playing around with Dongwoo-hyung! You are no fun! I'm telling Myungsoo!"

I laughed at Sungyeol when he ran out of our room. When I turned back to look at Hoya, he was giving me a hard stare. I looked away immediately, but then he pushed me down onto the bed. His eyes were trailing down my body. Those eyes made my body feel really hot like it was on fire. I can't stand how he is looking at me. It's as if he wants to eat me which would be really crazy and weird but whatever. His face was creeping closer and closer, and that was when I had it. I pushed him away causing him to land on his .

" Ow! You didn't have to push so hard Dongwoo-hyung!" I started to feel guilty so I offered my hand, but he didn't take it. I pulled my hand back and awkwardly stood there.

" Sorry, I didn't mean to."

The silence engulfed this room. I feel like I'm suffocating in it. I don't like how we are being like this. If only I knew the reason why Hoya is acting this way. Though he is stubborn as hell and won't tell me so easily. I hope I haven't done anything wrong.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Thank God! There is somebody here to levy the awkward atmosphere between Hoya and I! It better not be Sungyeol or else.

I went to open the door since it doesn't seem like Hoya is going to. On the other side of the door it was Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun. I took notice of the clasped hands, and a faint blush spread across both of their cheeks. Their flustered faces made me laugh.

" I just came to tell you guys to come down to the lobby. This is the last day and night here so we have to hurry up and do the rest of things we haven't done yet!" Woohyun began jumping around causing Sunggyu-hyung's arm to go up. The annoyed look on his face made me laugh once again.

" Okay we can go. Let me grab my stuff and we leave. Are you ready Hoya?" I turn to grab my phone and wallet.

" Yeah, I'm ready."

" Okay! Let's go!"

" Woohyun, where are the other four?"

" Oh, they are already down there waiting for us! Now lets go and enjoy our day!"

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Hoya's POV:

 

We were walking around the streets looking at random stores and eating at stalls. One thing I'm going to miss on this trip is the sight of Jeju, the fresh air, and practically everything. Maybe one day I will move here. Though it probably will be expensive, but maybe I can buy a summer house or something. I will bring the person I love here for vacation or when need time alone from everything and everybody else. That sounds like a good idea.

I watched Dongwoo-hyung the whole time. He was smiling like he always is with the others, but then it would disappear when he turns my way. But then a smile will be back in a flash. It wasn't a true smile, though. He was pulling a smile on. He was pushing himself to smile for me...at me. While we were walking around, my eyes caught a cute necklace. The others went inside a store that was close by so I went to the stall.

" I see you like this? How about this keychain as well?" I looked at the keychain and blushed. It was a stick figure of a boy and girl kissing. The thing is I wasn't thinking of the other person as a girl; in my mind both stick figures were guys.

" Um, no thank you, but I do like the necklace." There was a simplicity to it. The pendant is in a shape of a heart with butterfly wings on the sides. Then the chain is connected at the tips of the wings. I couldn't help but gape at the pretty purple and green of the wings too.

" You have good taste. How about I give it to you for free?" My eyes widened when I heard that. I immediately shook my head.

" I can't let you do that! I'm going to buy it!"

" Why are you going to buy it? Are you buying it for someone?"

Now that I think about it, why am I buying it? Who am I buying it for?

In my head I imagined Jieun wearing the necklace, but for some reason it didn't match her. Then I thought of my mom, and it totally didn't look good with her either. But when I thought of Dongwoo-hyung, it looks perfect on him. The way how the pendant rests right where his collarbones meet, and how the wings make him seem more beautiful and-

What are you thinking? Just buy the necklace already!

" I-I will buy the necklace." I gave her the right amount of money and she wrapped the necklace in a small but cute bag. 

" Thank you very much. I'm sure your friend will like this."

" I sure he- Wait! How did you know it was for my friend?" She laughed at me and tapped my nose lightly.

" It's written all over your face. Now, hurry along. You don't want to be left behind do you?" I turn my head to see them walking out of the store. Then I turn back to the vendor lady and bowed to her.

" Thank you again!"

" Wait! I have to teel you a little secret about the necklace!" I walked back to her and she leaned into my ear and whispered.

" Under the moonlight it turns a different color." I leaned back and nodded. I bowed to her once again.

" Thank you again!"

" You're welcome!"

I put the necklace into my pocket and ran up to the others. I walked next to Dongwoo-hyung who actually gave me one of his genuine smiles. We continued walking around until Dongho's stomach grumbled very loudly. All of us laughed at him and we headed into a restaurant close by. There wasn't a lot of people which is good since I think we are going to be a bit loud knowing Woohyun-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung.

We sat at one of the longer and bigger tables. I sat next to Dongwoo-hyung while everybody else sat next to their boyfriends. For some reason I feel like Dongwoo-hyung and I are like the seventh and eighth wheel. Though we wouldn't be one either if Dongwoo-hyung and I were a couple. I mean we wouldn't feel like the extra wheels because who would want to be the extra wheels, right? I look at Dongwoo-hyung, and everything I said went out the window. He was happily talking and making jokes with the others.

I guess that doesn't apply to him, but then I don't think he thinks of these sort of things. 

A waiter came by to take our orders, and I saw him looking at especially Dongwoo-hyung more than he should be. Right when Dongwoo-hyung began to order, I placed my arm over his shoulder to see what he was getting.

" Hyung, what are you getting?"

" I don't know. What do you think I should get?" I look at the menu and chose the steak for him. Then I look at the menu for myself and it seems like thei spaghetti looks good. We gave our menus back to the waiter, and once he left I took my arm off of Dongwoo-hyung's shoulder. From the corner of my eye, Dongwoo-hyung's face fell for a second but he forced a smile back on. I took my glass of water and lifted it up to my lips.

" So, Dongwoo-hyung, have you had your first kiss yet?" I spit out my water, which landed on Sungyeol's face, and looked at Dongwoo-hyung wide eyed. Also Sungyeol deserved the water to his face since he was the one who asked.

Why? Out of everything he had to bring up, he had to talk about his first kiss! Dongwoo-hyung did have his first kiss-- I'm his first kiss. The CPR didn't count because I was saving him.

Dongwoo-hyung looked at me and then back at the others. He shook his hands and head frantically as if he was trying to cover up what he did. He still thinks I don't know, but I do. If Dongwoo-hyung found out that I was awake the whole time, who knows what will happen. I don't want things to become awkward between us. What happened this morning was awkward enough. Also I have to admit something too: Dongwoo-hyung was my first kiss too.

What am I going to do? Do I confront him or not? What do I truly feel? Dongwoo-hyung... What does he mean to me? Just a friend or more than that?

 

Nobody's POV:

 

" I haven't had my first kiss yet!" Dongwoo laughed at the statement, but in his head he knew the truth. This morning was his first kiss with the person he is in love with, though that person wasn't awake.

" Really? I don't believe you! How is that possible for a senior in high school to not have his first kiss yet? I don't understand!" Dongwoo-hyung rolled his eyes at Sungyeol while the others laughed at him. Except for Hoya because he was in the same situation.

" Look you guys, the food is here," said Sungjong who pointed out the waiter that was coming towards their table. The waiter had to put their food on another table that way he can pass them out. When it got to Dongwoo's dish, Hoya protectively put his arm around Dongwoo's shoulder once again. Everybody caught this and smiled at each other without having the other two know.

" Lets dig in! I'm hungry!"

All of them ate their food with some spilling, especially Sungyeol and Dongho, but their boyfriends took care of them. Sunggyu had to keep on stopping because Woohyun was trying to feed him and demonstrating his greasy aegyo as usual. Though it totally made Sunggyu blush like a tomato making everyone else laugh at him. When Sunggyu got fed up he pushed away the spoon of food making Woohyun pout. Guilt bubbled up in the pit of Sunggyu's stomach so he took Woohyun's hand that was holding the spoon and lifted it to his mouth.

" It tastes really good, Woohyun-ah." Sunggyu pecked Woohyun on the cheek and went back to eating. Woohyun on the other hand froze up because of the sudden act of affection. He snapped out of his daze and hugged Sunggyu tightly.

" You are so cute Gyu-hyung!"

" Stop it Woohyun-hyung! You are being so greasy!" Sungjong threw his napkin at Woohyun. Dongho calmed down Sungjong and fed him to make him feel better.

" Thank you!" Sungjong kissed Dongho on the cheek too making everybody aww at them. Woohyun of course stuck out his tongue at Sungjong. Hoya just laughed at them and looked at Dongwoo. A smile spread across his face because Dongwoo was smiling as he enjoyed eating his food. Hoya poked at Dongwoo's cheek and chuckled.

" Does it taste that good?"

" Yep! Want to taste it?" Dongwoo cut up a piece for Hoya and held it in front of him. Hoya looked at the piece of meat and Dongwoo and back. He began to blush and slowly ate it. With each bite Hoya smiled making Dongwoo smile too.

" See! Told you it is good! Now, I want to try yours! Feed me please!"

" Alright, alright. Just wait."

Hoya took his food and twisted it around to wind up the spaghetti. Then he lifted it right at Dongwoo's lips and he happily ate it. There was a bit of sauce on the edge of Dongwoo's lips so Hoya wiped it with a napkin. Dongwoo cheeks became red making everybody else take notice of it. Actually the acts of affection between the two of them was catching everybody's attention. The two of them were just too oblivious to everybody else. Now it seemed like the others were actually the extra wheels.

" Yours tastes good too Hoya! Eat up, okay? It's our last night so we have to savour it," said Dongwoo who went back to eating his steak. 

" I will mom." Hoya laughed at Dongwoo and ate his spaghetti.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After they ate, they continued to stroll around. It was getting dark before they knew it so they went back to the hotel. Apparently, there is a spot where they could have a bonfire, so Woohyun, Hoya, Dongho, and Myungsoo went to get wood from the hotel. The others stayed back and prepared for the bonfire. They went to grab a few blankets since it gets cold at night and grabbed a few chairs. Sungyeol tiptoed to Dongwoo whose back was facing him, and scared Dongwoo.

" Y-Yah! What was that for Sungyeol! I almost had a heart attack because of you!" Sungyeol waved his hand around and sat next to Dongwoo. 

" Hoya can give you CPR then." Sunggyu, Sungjong, and Dongwoo eyebrows raised at Sungyeol's statement.

" Sungyeol, you do know that CPR is mainly used for when a person drowns, righ? Like how Hoya-hyung did to Dongwoo-hyung," said Myungsoo who is with others carrying the logs and sticks of wood.

" Myungie!," Sungyeol latched his arms around Myungsoo, who is still carrying the wood, and stared at him, " What do you mean? Can't CPR save you from anything?"

All of them shook their heads at Sungyeol and continued on with whatever they had to do. When Hoya put down the pieces of wood, a cold draft whipped around him causing him to shiver. Then he thought of Dongwoo and grabbed one of the blankets. He went to sit next to Dongwoo and wrapped the blanekt around the both of them. Dongwoo turned his head to look at Hoya and blushed at the proximity of their bodies. Hoya snuggled up closer to Dongwoo on the bench putting his head on his shoulder.

" Your so warm Dongwoo-hyung." He laughed at the statement and wrapped his arm around Hoya.

" Are you cold? Do you want to go inside the hotel?"

" No, I don't want to," Hoya shook his head. Dongwoo laughed at how child like Hoya was being. They just stayed like that and everybody else did the same and sat around the bonfire.

They talked and talked talking about their years before high school and how they met each other. Days of middle school sprang up, childhood days, and present day. Woohyun made his endless comments, with aegyo of course, and did his eye smile. Sunggyu scold them a few times but wasn't harsh at all, he was laughing along with them. Even though Dongho is pretty new, he got along very well with the others. Sungjong looked at Dongho with happiness that Dongho was enjoying his time. The two of them snuggled closer making everyone coo at them which caushed the two to blush. Then there was Dongwoo and Hoya who stayed in the same position but Dongwoo placed his head on top of Hoya's this time.

Hoya hasn't said a thing yet because he was thinking about something. He was thinking about the kiss this morning, and the possible reasons why Dongwoo did that. There was only one answer: Dongwoo likes him more than a friend. Hoya didn't know how to approach that, but he couldn't deny Dongwoo's feelings either. Deep inside his heart, there was a tug telling him not to deny his friend's feelings. Even if he was still not over his first crush, he couldn't reject Dongwoo. Things got a bit louder so Hoya had whisper into Dongwoo's ear. With a nod they both stood up and walked to the shore of the beach.

Dongwoo and Hoya took off their shoes and walked to the shore of the beach. The waters were calm, and the moonlight reflected off the water. It is a full moon shining its light over them and the whole world. The water's tide slightly touched their toes making Dongwoo chuckle.

They placed their shoes a bit farther away from the water and looked out at the water. Dongwoo started to shiver so Hoya wrapped the blanket around them. In order to not get the blanket wet, they took a few steps back. Now Hoya is back hugging Dongwoo with the blanket making the warmth of their bodies spread around them. Hoya puckered up the courage and finally spoke up.

" Dongwoo-hyung, I have something to tell you."

" What is it?"

" I... I... I-I..." Because how Hoya was stutteirng it made Dongwoo laugh. Then it became silent for a little bit until Hoya spoke up again.

" I was awake. This morning I was awake when you kissed me." Dongwoo's body stiffened in Hoya's arms. It felt like time stopped until Dongwoo let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. He turned around and punched Hoya on the chest.

" W-What? So that whole time you knew I kissed y-you? Now you only tell me! Did you even think of my feelings?!" He kept on punching Hoya. When Dongwoo calmed down, Hoya took Dongwoo's hands in his causing the blanket to fall down. The cold wind engulfed them, but the heat radiating from each other's bodies kept them warm. 

" How do you think I feel? To get kissed by your best friend... I'm confused. I don't know how to feel about that. I guess you could say I'm confused. Maybe I have been confused for a long time." Dongwoo looked down and put his chest on Hoya's chest.

" H-Hoya... I like you. I like you more than a friend." A tear fell from Dongwoo's eye landing onto the sandy beach.

" I kind of figured that out when you kissed me. Dongwoo-hyung, look at me," Hoya let go of his hands and lifted Dongwoo's head, " I don't know how to understand all of this. But give me some time. Deep inside of me, there is this feeling I have for you. It could be that I like you more than a friend too, but I'm so confuse. We have been friends for a while, and we are best friends. Despite our feelings for each other, no matter what happens, I want to be friends still. I can't lose you as my friend. You are so important to me."

" Hoya, does this mean?..." Hoya sighed and pulled Dongwoo into his arms.

" I don't know what it means. But for now, can you give me some time to think about it? I think after a while I will finally know the answer. So, can you wait?"

" Yeah, I can wait," Dongwoo nodded his head, " but don't make me wait too long. Okay?" Hoya snuggled his face into Dongwoo's neck.

" I promise I won't make you wait too long."

Hoya then remembered something. He let go of Dongwoo making him pout at the lost of contact. Hoya flicked at his forehead because of it and chuckled when Dongwoo rubbed it in pain. While Hoya was taking out the thing from his pocket, Dongwoo picked up the blanket and wrapped it around himself because it was getting cold again. Especially the lost contact of Hoya's body.

" Okay, hyung, you have to close your eyes. No peeking!"

" I won't peek! I won't!"

Dongwoo closed his eyes. Hoya unclasped the chain and wrapped his hands around Dongwoo's neck. Slowly, using the moon as his source of light, clasped the necklace around Dongwoo's neck. When the pendant settle between Dongwoo's collarbone, he opened his eyes. His hands touched the chain first and towards the pendant. Dongwoo looked down at the pendant and gasped: it is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. Just like Hoya imagined it: it looks perfect on Dongwoo more than anybody else. Hoya suddenly remembered when the vendor lady said that the necklace changes color under the moonlight.

" Dongwoo-hyung, turn around so the necklace is facing the moonlight!"

" H-Huh? Why?" Dongwoo looked at him weirdly still amazed at the necklace.

" Just do it!"

Without getting Dongwoo's approval, Hoya turned him around. The pendant started to changed into a different color, then another, and another, and another. Finally, it became a rainbow swirl. Both of them became wide eyed at the new discovery. Along with the butterfly wings, it seemed like it was going to fly away to the moon. All of a sudden, Dongwoo engulfed Hoya in a hug and they fell to the ground. Laughs erupted from both of them making the once slient night into a night of heartful laughs.

" I love it Hoya! Thank you so much! Thank you! Thank. You!" Without even thinking Dongwoo kissed Hoya on the cheek. A faint pink painted across their faces, but neither one of them regretted it. Hoya pecked Dongwoo's cheek then looked away.

" Y-You're welcome. Now, how about we got back to the others?"

" Okay. Um, thank you for the necklace again. I'm going to cherish it forever!"

" You better! I bought it!" Dongwoo lightly punched Hoya's shoulder.

" Yah!"

" Haha! Lets get going."

Dongwoo took the blanket and Hoya grabbed their shoulders. When they were off the beach, Hoya leaned down and held out Dongwoo's shoe like the prince in Cinderella did. All Dongwoo could do was laugh at Hoya's cheesiness. It seems like Woohyun's grease was rubbing onto him.

They walked back to the others who were all giving them the " look." Hoya rolled his eyes at them and sat back down on the bench along with Dongwoo. He wrapped the blanket around them and snuggled up close to him. Underneath the blanket, Hoya slyly took Dongwoo's hand in his.

" So, where did you guys go," asked Sungyeol who was still giving them the " look."

" Just strolled around the beach. Why," said Hoya not looking into Sungyeol's eyes. He just laid his head on Dongwoo's shoulder and ignored the others.

" Fine. Don't tell me. You guys are no fun!" Sungyeol pouted only causing laughter at the fail attempt of getting information from Hoya and aegyo at the same time.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

After they doused the bonfire, they went back inside the hotel. Then they went into their own rooms groggily saying goodnight to each other. Hoya was practically dragging a half sleeping Dongwoo by the arm. Right when they got into their room, Dongwoo took off his shoes immediately and flopped onto the bed. Hoya changed clothes first and nudged Dongwoo to do the same. Once they were done changing, they got into bed. Since it is a cold night, Dongwoo slid over closer to Hoya and snuggled into this chest.

" Hyung, what are you doing?"

" It's cold. Let me sleep like this with you. Please?" Hoya couldn't help but laugh at the groggy tone of Dongwoo's voice. He let Dongwo sleep like that and wrapped his arms around Dongwoo's waist.

" What are you doing, Hoya?" Dongwoo chuckled sending quakes to Hoya's body.

" Nothing. It's more comfortable this way."

Then it went silent until a light snore was heard.

" Goodnight Dongwoo-hyung."

" Goodnight Hoya."

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Hello Everybody! It has been a while hasn't? Well I'm back so sorry for the long wait! I hope you enjoyed this chapter a lot! Dongwoo finally confessed his feelings! AHHHHHH! Anyway, I have a question for your guys. I was wondering what other OTP do you guys like/love that aren't in a different group. I'm asking because some day in the future I might want to branch into different groups/OTPs. Well, I want to thank you guys for reading, suscribing, and commenting! Love you all! Until next time! P. S. sorry if there are any mistakes, I'm not going to proofread because I have to go to sleep since I have school tomorrow.)