Who Would Have Thought?

Wonderful↹ You

Dahae's POV

Where is he? I checked the clock once more. 10:30. 

The cup of coffee I ordered for him is still untouched, no longer hot like it was two hours ago.

I took out my phone and pressed speed dial #2.

"Yoboseyo? This is Jung Jinyoung. If you can't reach me, I'm probably out with my wonderful and beautiful Dalgi-baby!" Yeah, right.

"So leave me a message after the beep." Beep.

"Yah.. Jinyoung oppa, where are you? I've been waiting for an hour now. Call me back if you get this."

As I was creating pictures with my index finger, the door opened, revealing the person I've been waiting for; the person who's going to make me miss curfew. But right now, I don't care about that.

"Oppa! Annyeong! I haven't seen you in a while." I smiled brightly at Jung Jinyoung, my boyfriend, trying to forget the time I spent waiting for his arrival.

"Hi." He kissed my cheek briefly and pulled away, leaving me a little angry.

"Hi? Jung Jinyoung is that all you can say? I've been waiting here for almost.." I turned to my wrist watch, the one I was gifted with for our 200th day anniversary.

"I'm sorry Dalgi-ah, but I've been busy." This jerk.. 

"You don't think I'm busy too? I'm meant to be studying for the end of year exams and instead I've been here waiting; I was meant to work over time but I'm here. You-"

"The coffee's cold."

And right then, I almost considered ending it. Almost.


"That jerk!" Sooyeon slammed her fist on the table, earning stares from around the cafeteria. 

Haneul and Jeonghwan being the responsible ones, bowed their heads, apologising to the students eating their lunch.

"So you're telling us that he made you wait two hours, and left after five minutes..?" Jeonghwan gave a you-are-kidding-me-right? look.

"Dahae-ah, if I were you, I would end it now. Don't you think it would be best to perserve your good memories and not let the bad memories mingle?"

 "You're not telling me to break up with Jinyoung, are you?"

Around the table I could see looks being shared amongst my friends. Did they- did they talk about this? 

"You've dated for almost three years now. It's been good till now and we know deep down that you have been considering this too." Haneul commented.

I let out a puff of air in disbelief, "I've got to go. I'll see you all tonight."

 

I walked away from the cafeteria, taking out my cellphone.

"Yoboseyo? This is Jung Jinyoung. If you can't reach me, I'm probably out with my wonderful and beautiful Dalgi-baby!

So leave me a message after the beep." Beep. Why is it that I talk more to his phone than to him?

"Jung Jinyoung, they're having an end of year party at Haneul's house. It's the last party before summer comes and honestly, I don't know what will happen during summer. Come tomorrow. Jebal."


 

Leaning against the decaying brick wall beside the entrance, I stood and sojourned.

"Dahae.." Jinyoung poked my shoulder lightly, bringing me back to reality. 

"Jinyoung oppa, meet me after school later."