Save me

Tears of an angel

The yellow-ish sand looks sparkling under the morning sunlight. The soft sounds from the blue waves at the shore like the sweet song on a rainy night. The beach looks like a shirt with mant lovely and colorful seashells as the buttons on it. Chanyeol loves to escape the bustling noise of the city by coming to this beach. Whether it was dark outside or windy, beach was always a favorite place that his mind told him to come when he wanted to shout out all the pressures. Even though the silence beach wouldn't respond his tears on his watery eyes, but most of the pains could release. After he had known Kris, he looked at the beach in another view. Every years they came here on October 3 to enjoy their Anniversary together. Beach became a wonderful place where they shared their happiness together through the blue waves.

The early morning is the best time to get on a bus. Kris smiled as he stared at the beach through the window. Fresh wind and beautiful sky, it was a heavenly moment he was in. After an hour riding on the bus, they finally got to where they belong. Chanyeol was surpised when Kris asked him to follow him to the other direction instead of heading to the beach. It's a small track through a golden wood. On the sides of the track are full with the cheery yellow goldenrods, pink colchicums and the red heleniums. Multicolors added the special feeling walking through the wood. The wind of the end of Fall plays with the golden leaves in the spaces between those orange maple trees. Kris's voice brought Chanyeol back from his wonderland. Kris smiled as he saw the glistening eyes of Chanyeol. Chanyeol kept looking around this magical land until he saw a big and old tree in front of him. Chanyeol could be wrong, but the tree is big enough for him to guess that it's about half of human life. Strong and long braches with the dark skin remind Chanyeol of an ancient story that his mom read each night before he went into his dream land.

Chanyeol: How can I never know this golden wood ?

Kris: ( Smiles) You see those green plants under the tree? They are those pure white flowers that will bloom in the late of Spring. I read a tearful story while I was at the library long time ago. It's a time I should share it to you, shouldn't I?

Chanyeol: This plant?

Kris: The name is Lily of valley, Chanyeol ah. Are you ready for this long story? ( Smiles and asks Chanyeol to sit down under the tree)

Chanyeol: Of course!

Kris: ( Smiles) Long time ago, there was a poor homeless guy. He didn't know anybody or let's come to the fact that noone would want to be his friends since he was a dirty poor guy, but he didn't care. He was all alone all his life. A life without the love from family made him think about the world in another view. He had no idea of happiness, friendship or love. Living in the shadow till the last day of his life. He moved place to place to search for food. He heard people around him said the word " love", but he had never known the real meaning. He only knew it's something that like a fire which could burn our hearts, or a heavenly moment that bring us to the high cloud or love's a soft wind that sings a love song for our hearts. Even though that were what he knew, but who is he to dream about having a girl that will spend her entire life to live with a poor guy like him.

He sighed and kept on walking until he was in a beautiful park in town. There was a hundred different kinds of flower that gather there in that park. " So this is what people called ' beautiful flowers' ?" he asked himself. He laid down on a bench to enjoy the sunlight. After few minutes the poor guy sat up immediately when he saw a princess playing between those beautiful flowers. Everyone said hello and bowed when they saw her, but the poor guy was a exception. He felt like everything stopped at the moment he saw her splendid face. The brown eyes, pinky cheek and red lips made every second become more enjoyable than ever. The princess gave her warm smile to people and then she looked at the poor guy. She felt pity for him, so she gave a warmest smile from her to him. At that moment, for the first time the poor guy totally understood the meaning of love. She was the one who brought the last missing piece to his lonely heart. He felt the hotness inside his heart at the moment she passed him.

Everyday the poor guy came to the park to see " his princess". He thought everything was settled. He enjoyed her beauty each morning with his loving heart. Love, love and love...that was all he cared. He thought she would be there for him forever, but he couldn't control future. The real strorm of his life finally came.

As usually he came to the park after he woke up to see his love. He was surprise when he saw all the streets were decorated with luxurious feature around. He saw a lot of people standing and waiting for something. Finally he asked an old lady and she told him that today was a wedding for their princess. " Wedding? What wedding? Who? Which princess? " The poor guy ran to the stage where the princess and her future husband stood. " You're mine, my beautiful princess. You should get married to me. Noone can love you more than me. I love you" The crowd yelled and shouted at him, but he didn't care, he never cared about them anyway. All the pain, sadness, madness and strong love drove him crazy. He's no longer could control himself, so he took out the knifet and stabbed into the princess's chest. Tears dropped and red blood were on the floor. The poor guy got punished by the strict law of the country. He must live in pain and pain all the rest of his life. His hurtful heart finally stopped after few months later of those strict punishment. One Spring day, Maia, a lonely girl who had a hard life saw a bleeding heart near a big tree. She remembered the poor guy on the wedding day, she felt sad because her life wasn't much better than him. All her life, she lived in loneliness and frigid welcome from people around. The tears in her eyes dropped on her small cheek. She cried and cried and magic finally came true. From the dry ground, a small green plant came up with the broken heart shape in pink color and the other were the pure white flowers. Later on people saw those flowers and called the pink ones- Bleeding heart, and the white ones are Lily of valley.

Chanyeol: Painful love...

Kris: I don't mean to make you sad after hearing this story, Chanyeol. Their love made me think through all these years. Sometime I looked at myself in the mirror and I thought about that poor guy ( pause) Love was a strange word for me. The life I was living in ( pause)... The empty life with a huge space in my soul, I felt alone and I wish there was someone who could take me away. I didn't like all the lies, fakers and greed in this huge world. Sometime I felt sick of this life and I wanted to run to somewhere I could be free. Chanyeol ah, today I wanted to tell you the old me. You see how timid and crazy I was? I was disappointed when I got a bad result when I actually worked hard. I wanted to stop, but then I knew that I was still much happier than you. At least I still have my family, but you....( pause) Chanyeol ah, I learnt so many things from you that I think you had never known. Without telling me anything, you helped me realize that life isn't all about living in my pain, it's actually a life which I need to learn how to deal and get through with my own strength. You think that I was the one who helped you stand up after that painful day when your family passed away, but Chanyeol ah if it wasn't you who was there with me in the grass field in October 3, then there is no Kris in this world now. Happiness and pain? Together we went through all those storms. None of us can predict the future, but one thing we can say for sure is that we will always be together forever and ever! I wanted to promise you that I will never let you cry in pain. I want to protect you, my Chanyeol.

Chanyeol: Together forever and ever!

Kris: Happy our Anniversary!

Chanyeol: Happy Anniversary!

Kris: Alright, Chanyeol ah let me show you this. You must be happy if you see it

Chanyeol: Is it that special to make you smile like that, Kris?

Kris: Kekeke well it is for me and I'm sure you will feel the same if you see it.

Kris started to dig a hole near the root of the tree. Once again Chanyeol felt lost. After few minutes, Kris holds up a box inside his hands.

Kris: Surprise!!!

~ Silence~

Kris: Chanyeol? Chanyeol?

Chanyeol: I'm sorry, but but uhm I meant ( He can't hold his smile anymore). Wow I'm speechless again. How did you come up with all of these ideas this year? How long had you know this place?

Kris: About 4 years ( pause)

Chanyeol: How did you know this place anyway?

Kris: Uhm I was on a trip with my class and I found this golden wood. I came here at least 2 times a year. There are time when I wanted to keep my letters under the ground. It was hard for me to decide whether I should tell you about this place or not, but I think it's time to let you know. Here is my idea! Let's save our memories in this beautiful place and when we get old, we can open and enjoy those unforgettable moments that we walked through.

Chanyeol: That's what I always wished for.

Kris: Since this is your first time you've been here, so this Anniversary I will be the first one to put this letter here. Next and next years, we will add more letters in this box! ( smiles). Okie should we come to the beach or the market now?

Chanyeol: Market! It's windy and a little cold. I don't want you to get sick, so let's buy some thing warm to wear.

Kris: I told you that I only have a cold, its not a big deal

Chanyeol: Sure sure ( Laughs)

Holding hands and walking in the laughter as they're heading to a small marker of the village.

Chanyeol: This light blue scarf looks perfect with your outfit today and it can keep you warm today, Kris.

Kris: And that white hat looks amazing with the color of your hair!

        Excuse me, can we take these?

Chanyeol: And this pair of rings! ( Looks at Kris and smiles)

Kris: Here come our childlish baby ( Winks).

----

 Kris took his Chanyeol to a new place after they both got wet from the blue waves of the fresh beach. Kris led Chanyeol to a garden not too far away from the beach. Chanyeol thinks it's a green-house after he got in.

Kris: Remember these white flowers?

Chanyeol: Lily of valley? Oh my gosh such a lovely flower! Hello nice to meet you, my new friends! ( He's talking to the flowers). Where is everyone? How come nobody here?

Kris: Uhm working on other stuff? Maybe?

Chanyeol: Well could be ( Smiles) Wow a big star of four different kind of flowers. I wish I could know their names ( Pouts)

Kris: ( Pointing to the star that was made from those flowers)

1st: Lily of valley

2nd: Orange Blossom

3rd: Viscaria

4th: Eglantine

Chanyeol: Wow white- orange- pink and red! They're beyond beautiful. They're like the symbols of 4 seasons of a year (Smiles). Green-house is a great place to enjoy the flowers no matter which season we're in.

Kris: Uhm yeah, I'm glad you like it ( Looks away) Uhm do you want to come here every year on our Anniversary?

Chanyeol: We can? Yessss I would love to! Oh my gosh I can't believe I can be so much happy like this today.

Kris: Because your Kris is amazing!

Chanyeol: Next year will be my turn to be your tour guide then

Kris: Hahaha I can't wait! Chanyeol ah, it's getting late, we should go back home now! The bus will be leaving in 20 minutes.

Chanyeol: I will miss this place so much! I love you, flowers! I promise you that we will be back next year! Bye!!!!

----

They almost got back to the bus stop where they got on in the early morning. They both are tired, but they're happy for their beautiful day spending time together. Kris felt tired so he laid his head on Chanyeol's shoulder and slept. Chanyeol felt something so cold in his soul coming to his heart without knowing why. " Where is this weird feeling coming from? Isn't today their best day ever?" He asked himself

<<>>

 

The quick stop made the boys bent their heads forward. Quickly Chanyeol asked Kris to wake up and they both got off the bus.

Chanyeol: Funny how we live in this small country, but there are so many beautiful places that we had never known. We should spend more time to travel around all country in the future. Good idea? Kris? Hey Kris? Are you listening? What's wrong?

The sweated forehead and those cloudy eyes made Kris look like he could pass out in any second. Chanyeol touched his boy-friend forehead in tremble. " Kris ah? high fever? noooo nooo!!! Quickly get on my back, we need to get home soon", but at the moment Chanyeol reached for Kris's hand, Kris felt on the side walk.

<<< Bip Bip>>> The sound of Chanyeol's hearbeat getting harder and harder. If it was just a high fever then he could breathe normally, but he felt like this time is different. It's also strange when Kris often got high fever lately. Tears can't be hold any longer in his eyes " I love you, Kris " The weak voice went on in the silence as he's caring Kris to the hospital.

-----

Doctor: He got a high fever, but there's also something very strange inside his body that we wanted to find out whether it harmless or not. The result will come out soon. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but if you want, we will show you the his condition after another hour or you can get it tomorrow. Which way do you want to choose?

Chanyeol: I'm afraid that we'll be busy tomorrow, so I think I will just wait for you to get the result tonight.

Doctor: Alright then, if that's what you wanted. Will see you soon. Take care Kris.

Kris: Thanks

Chanyeol: Take care

 

An hour of waiting isn't like what Chanyeol expected. " Strange thing inside Kris's body ?" Chanyeol thought. He could be relaxing if his stomach would stop hurting him all tonight " What is really going on with me today?" He keeps staring at the door of the doctor's office like the time he thought his mom and dad could come back home from heaven.

The lights from the hallway beam into the room, Chanyeol heard the footstep. Both of them were patient to wait for the result, but now when the time comes, they are in fear and tremble.

-----

Kris: What did you say? I got what? Nooo nooo that can't be it. Noone in my family got it. Is there a mistake? Please check it again ( Breathing harder)

Doctor: We're very sorry for you, but please trust me, we checked again and again ( Sigh). Liver caner isn't a disease that you get from your family. In some cases, patients can get from the change of their ADN and others can get because of the harmful viruses. In your case, it's a change of the ADN. There are few treatments for those who are at the last stage like you, but we can't promise anything from now. I hope you can understand it. Once again we're very sorry.....

-----

It's windy and cold outside. After the hospital, Kris walked to the grass field. He thought he would never have to come to this place alone, but everything changed and once again he needed the silence to think straight. Kris lays his back on the ground and closes his eyes. " Should I cry now, but will it change the fact that I only have less than 2 months to live ? Who will take care my parents? How's about my poor little Chanyeol? How could he live ? Why do you have to kill our souls this way? Oh my poor little baby? What should I do now? WHY??? ". Tonight tears felt on someone's cheek again, but those tears didn't drop as the same reason the last seven years. Only moonlight and stars could see how painful he was in.

 

Whitetulip's note: First of all, how was it? Bad? Boring? Bad ? Sad? Disaapointed ? Too long? ... Oki I should stop retyping those words * bow. This is a gift that I wanted to share to all of you today. It's the last one I wrote before school starts next week! Have a great new school year for those of you who are still in school! ^.^ This is so strange when I couldn't update 2 or 3 chapters a day like my first 3 fictions and I'm truly sorry. I love writing, but I just can't fix the time T.T T.T ...Okie cut my sad mood ^.^ Let's think positive now! I hope I can be able to write Chapter 3 soon! I hope all of you enjoyed this!

Last but not least! A BIG HUGE to ALL of my subbie and comments! After reading those comments, they brought me back to a good mood to continue writing <3 Thank you so much! I hope I will have a chance to talk to all of you <3