Peaceful Days... Right?

Someday, but Not Today

Days passed and there were no signs of my dad at all. It was like he had disappeared into thin air. The days were peaceful. Days turned into weeks as I awaited his return. Thing were slow. very slow. Dongho and I's relationship was no better also. But one day....

 

'DONGHOOOO!' I yelled as loudly as I could as I barged into his room with my toothbrush. But when I entered, I saw something so... disturbingly hilarious? I'm not sure. But it was so... ____ that I dropped my toothbrush, closed the door, ran into my room, and locked myself in. The laughter of a psycho could be heard from a mile away. I recalled what I had seen. Dongho. But he was wearing... nothing. AHAHA. IM JK.  He was wearing PINK BUNNY AND RAINBOW PAJAMAS. COMPLETE WITH MATCHING SLIPPERS AT THE SIDE OF HIS BED. Does this mean the kind of distant Dongho was all just a lie? Is this his true nature? Or some sick prank?

Knock. Knock. Knock. 3 quick knocks could be heard on my bedroom door. 

 

>>No one's POV<<

Dongho had knocked on her door 3 times before entering. He was still dressed in his cute pajamas, causing ____ to laugh. Stiffled giggles could be heard as Dongho had walked up to her bed where ____ was sitting. He sat on the floor in front of it, with his back facing ____.

 

'Yah... did you want something?' Dongho asked.

'Not really...' 

'Then why'd you barge into my room at 5 in the morning?' Dongho replied as a matter of factly.

'oh yeah....' ____ said as she finally remembered what she went in there for. 'There's no more tooth paste.'

'Is that seriously what you woke me up at 5 in the morning for?' Dongho said.

____ stood there blankly and slowly nodded. 'There's a market down the street, just take a left and you'll get there.' Dongho informed her.

>> At the market~~<<

____ was carefully choosing out her toothpaste, not wanting to get another filling for her cavity again. She shuddered at that thought... or did she shudder because she felt a pair of eyes watching her as she walked around? 

As seconds passed, she felt herself getting more and more cautious. After a minute of enduring the dreadful feeling of being watched, she chose a random tooth paste from the store and had quickly purchased it before bolting for the door. She left the market and was walking back to the house when she felt it again. That bone chilling stare. She looked around and had spotted shadows at the corner of the street she had just passed. 

She ran. No. She sprinted. She sprinted for what felt like hours but had only been in fact a few seconds before the house had popped up in her line of vision. Relief had washed over her as she slowed down to a stop, just a few houses away and looked back. No one was there anymore. No shadows or anything... When she looked back down on the floor behind her... Her heart had nearly stopped when she saw a shadow. Her head spun around and the last thing she saw was Dongho running from their shared house, screaming her name in pure terror as shady looking men dragged you away into their van and had disappeared without a second to spare.

 

>> ______'s point of view<<

*FLASHBACK*

'Mianhe... Mommy must send you away ok ____? Mommy loves you very much. Don't ever forget that. Ever. I'll love you even when i'm not on Earth anymore.' a tear slipped down my mom's face when she said that. 

'Wait what? What do you mean even when you're not on Earth anymore? You're not going away are you? Mommy? MOMMY? MOMMY?! WHERE ARE YOU GOING? MOM? NO! Don't leave me!' my 4 and a half years old self screamed. I could see my mother's silhouette slowly retreating into the crowds of the airport. 

'It's time to go now.' my care taker said to me. 

'Go where?' I say back innocently. 'What about mommy? Isn't she going too? Where's daddy too?' 

Your care taker flinches at the mentioning of your father. She replies 'We're going to a safer place. Your mommy will always be with you.. in here' she says while she poked a finger at my heart. She said nothing of my dad. Next thing I knew, I was in an airplane headed to America to persue a career in the musical arts. 

>>No one's point of view<<

A tear slid down ____'s face as she recalled her bitter memory. Funny. She had never remembered having such a memory. After moving to America, she had gotten in a car accident with her nanny. Her nanny had unfortunately passed away and she was the only person other than ____'s mother that knew of your father's dark and corrupted mind. Even before _____ was sent away to America, her father always had issues ever since Rae Ri -her dear elder sister- had passed away at a tender age of just 5 years old. Cause of death? A single stab to her heart. Ever since then, her father had always been murmurring incoherent things like 'If I can't have her.. No one can.' 

'UNF' ___ moaned as one of the larger men who had kidnapped her, had kicked her stomach to wake her up. She slowly awakened, eyes full of terror. She looked around. It was a cold, damp, and dark room. It seemed like some type of garage. She tried to free herself, but to no avail. ____ had stopped struggling and started trembling. Trembling like a lamb who was about to be eaten by a wolf. In this case, she was the lamb. The wolf? Her dad. He stepped out of the dark corner of the room, stepping directly onto the only place with sunlight. He smiled at her. Not a genuine smile. But more like a sly smirk. 

He walked closer to her, now he was just 3 feet away from her. He carressed her face with care. But all of a sudden, he slapped her. Hard. Right across her right cheek. 

'YOU B*TCH. I HATE YOU.' he screamed in her face. In the next moment, his face had softened up and he bent down to her. 'I'm sorry. Daddy's sorry.' he said before slapping her again on the same cheek. ____'s cheek stung from being hit twice and silently wept. Her father had left her there. She slowly grew tired and had fell into a light slumber.

 

____'s body felt light. Kind of like she was being carried by an angel. She felt comfortable. At home. She had snuggled herself closer to the source that was radiating a slight warmth that she had enjoyed. 

>>In the hospital<<

'Hnn...' ____ said. She had heard a familiar voice. A soothing one. It was calling her name out.

'____.... _____!' it called again.

Her heavy eyelids tore open to see Dongho's face in front of hers. She got up immediately from the shock of seeing his face there.

'whooaa. Easy there.' he said with a look of guilt on his face and the regret he felt was displayed. 'I'm so sorry.' Dongho said, his voice cracking up on the last word. 'I'm sorry I wasn't there to save you. I'm sorry for failing to protect you from harm's way like i had vowed.' Tears welled up in both of their eyes. _____ reached out for him. Dongho, who was shocked by the action, had leaned in closer and put his arm around ____'s back, hugging her tenderly. She began to sob, hoping that Dongho wouldn't notice. But he had. He calmly her back and had guided her head into the crook of his neck. As the night passed on, they both slowly fell asleep in each other's embrace. Dongho had crawled into her bed in the hospital and both fell asleep to the beeping noises of machines... and each other's heart beats. A tear slipped down Dongho's right eye. Another tear fell from ___'s eyes. Dongho's tear had fallen off of his face, as well as ____'s and had both landed on the pillow, forming one tear drop as they hit. A heart shaped wet spot formed on the pillow after the now one tear had made contact with the pillow. And with that, everything was silent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GOSH D:  I'm so sorry about this bad update -.- Alot has been on my mind and all but i'm very happy and proud to be back :)  hope you enjoyed it <3