Flashback rewinding a year

Someday, but Not Today

>>Flashback in your POV <<
I could feel the warm sum lightly toughing my face as a chill went down my spine. It was a beautiful and sunny day in Korea. And it was for a good occasion too. I'm finally back in Korea after studying abroad for... how many years now? I think about 11 years now. I can't wait to visit my dad and mom... It's been so long already. 

'TAXI!' A swarm of taxi's had surrounded me and I stood there dumbly. Which one do I go in? I picked the closest one to me and hopped in. I told him the address of my dad and off we went.

When I arrived at his villa, I was greeted with an army maids and butlers. Wow. i guess he's pretty well off.  I took a few steps in and looked around. Where's my dad? A butler of about 25 years of age approached me with a smile. Guess the butlers here aren't bad either.  He had led me to my new room. My first thought? PINK. VERY PINK. The entire room was filled with pink ribbons and pink lace. Oh boy. I bet he'll be treating me like i'm 5 years old. JUST LOOK AT THIS ROOM.  The butler had now left the room. Leaving me to absorb the room all in. Laptops, books, a piano, a desk, and a bed. What more could I want? I'll have to buy new things that AREN'T pink but... a gal could live here for a while.
>>fast forward 10 months<<

Life in Korea is pretty good. But I had found out that my mom had died a year after I was sent to the U.S.... why was i never informed? My dad must have thought that it would distract me from my studying. But its so important.... /Sigh. CRASH.  Hmm... what's this...  I guess I shouldn't day dream while walking. I look around. I had fell upon a painting and had pulled the painting down along with me. The frame had cracked open in the corner and had revealed a beautiful jewel encrusted diary. I picked myself up and looked more closely at the diary to examine it. It had my mother's name on it... It must've been hers. 

 

After kicking the painting out of view, I locked myself up in my room and read my mom's diary. Front. to. Back. I was horrified. Almost every single entry had been about my dad. The worst was July 4th. One day before my mother had died.

July 4th, 2012.

    Today was the worst of many. He had killed yet another. She looked alot like ___ again. This marks the 3rd girl he's killed. It's only been one year since ___ left. This time was different though. He had killed her by torturing her. I shall not go into detail for it was too horrific to even imagine. But after he had killed her, he looked to me and said with a psychotic grin on his face 'You're next.' I am so glad I sent ___ away to boarding school. Her father is just too much. He had always been abusive of me and I had worried about ___'s safety ever since she was born. I pray to God that ___'s father will never lay a hand on her. I probably won't have enough time to live anymore, and I am fine with that. I just want to see ___'s face... just one last time before he takes my soul away.

   - Sophia Grace.

 

I stood in my room. Too shocked to do anything else. Who is the loving and caring dad i've gotten to know for the past year? Was this all his way to get closer to me and the murder me like the others? All these questions, and no answers. The only person who knew the answers had died for my sake. 

For the next couple of weeks, I stayed over at my friends house. When I had told her everything that happend, she told me to call the police and have him arrested. That was exactly what I had done. 

>>End of Flashback<<

Here I am, days before my dad was to be put on trial for the murder of 15 girls over the span of 11 years... 
'___!' I suddenly heard my name. I spun around quickly and saw Park Yoochun. Leader of the WPP -witness protection program-. He ran up to me and said in a shaky voice 'Your dad has disappeared. He fled the country probably. We aren't exactly sure yet. But to be safe, we must put you through our program.'

That was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. This noise had awoken my from my slumber. I groggily woke up to see the face of an angel staring back at me. As the thought finally registered in my brain that there was an unknown man with me in an unknown room, I quickly jumped off the bed and had taken fighting position.
'Hahaha. No need to be alarmed, I'm Shin Dongho. Your caretaker from now on. I was sent by the Witness Protection Program to protect you from your dad.'

Wow.. even his voice is angelic. WAIT. WHAT. NO. I AM SO NOT THINKING THAT RIGHT NOW. 'Oh. uhh. Nice to meet you... i'm ___. I guess we will be seeing each other a lot now huh?'  ughhh. Wow. I'm stupid. WHY WOULD I SAY THAT.

'Haha. Yes, yes we shall. Actually, we'll be living together so you'll be seeing me every single day from now on!'

'Wait... LIVING TOGETHER? WHY.' 

'Well, it's my job to protect you and it would be no good if you were in danger and 20 minutes away from me right?'

'Oh...'  Just kill me now. How stupid can I get?

 

A few days later, I had successfully moved into Dongho's house. It was not as large as my dad's villa.... but it was still liveable. Dongho was actually very nice to me. He had bought me everything I needed to live in his house and had also went clothes shopping with me. Things were great... If it wasn't for my pyschotic dad out on the loose and he could kill me at any given moment.  I sighed and went downstairs.

Dongho had heard me walking down and had put down the knife and vegetables he was cooking. He looked at me. ba-thump. ba-thump. My heart raced as his steps grew closer.  
I'll be done in a few if you need anything! What do you want to drink tonight?' he said with yet another angelic smile. 
'uhmm... water would be fine.' I muttered.

' oh ok!' he said and walked away into the kitchen.

'DINNER'S DONE!' he shouted. I jogged over to the kitchen and helped him set up the table. The mood was awkward as we ate... until Dongho spoke up.

 

'... So... How's the food?' he practically whispered.

'OH. itrs reargy gerd' I said with my mouth full. Remind me to slap myself later. I must've looked like a pig.  'I mean, it is really good. Thanks.' i said with a small smile.

'Are you getting acustomed to life around here yet?' 

How nice of him to say that... 'Yeah. It's still kind of weird for me though. Living in somone's house that I haven't even known for a year. But I just wanted to say... Thanks. For all this.' I said. As soon as I said it, I could feel my ears and cheeks becoming red and had quickly looked down to stare at my food.

'You're welcome. It IS my job to do this though.'

Hearing him say that... your heart throbbed. What the. What was that. My heart.. Hurts? Why? He only said it was his job... ____! WHY ARE YOU ACTING SO STRANGE NOW!