Non-Factor

Non-Factor

I walked into the dining area where everyone was already seated and eating. An untouched plate of food was placed in front of an empty seat next to Young Bae. I sat down next to him and began to eat. I smiled as I ate; my rice was still hot. 

"Hey YB, do you-" I stopped

YB stood up and left the room. He had barely touched his food yet he just got up and left. Was it something I said? I doubt it since I barely said anything! I looked at Daesung and he shrugged. Seungri had yet to look up from his bowl and T.O.P just waved it off. I guess it was nothing too important. 
I took a shower after dinner. I hadn't realized how tired I actually was until the scalding water hit my body. I groaned loudly and ran my hands through my hair. I was still stressing out over Young Bae. I kept telling myself it wasn't a big deal but I just couldn't let it go. Why did he leave?
Daesung had checked up on him after dinner and told me he was fine. He wasn't sick or anything. I kept thinking the problem was with me since he left after I came in. I was starting to get a headache. I finished up my shower and then went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. I saw YB finishing his dinner so I didn't stay long. I wouldn't want to disturb him again.
Over the period of the week, I saw more strange behavior from Young Bae. Once while he was happily chatting with maknae, I interjected a comment although he didn't look at me and he continued with the conversation as if I hadn't said anything. Seungri motioned in my direction but I shook my head and left. If he didn't want me there, I could take a hint.
Another time, we had thrown a party. Me being the social person I am, I couldn't stay in just one spot. I would start a conversation in one room and then excuse myself to do the same in the next. I wanted to talk to everyone! In one room I went in, it was a little more reclusive. I sat down next to YB and I didn't say anything, nothing at all. He got up and left. 
Not too long after he'd left, I did too. The toned down vibes of that room were making me uncomfortable. I followed the noise to the loudest room which happened to be the kitchen. It was crowded and loud, filled with laughter and conversation. I loved it. To my knowledge, YB didn't even look at me but as soon as I came in the room, he went out. 
I was starting to take offense. What about me has Young Bae doing this? I looked at the possibility that it might just be a coincidence. I could very well be imagining things but those answers didn't satisfy me. The party died down after a while because all the people we'd invited had busy schedules. When I walked the last guest to her car, I made my way to YB's room because I'd had enough of this.

"YB," I called his name as I walked into his room. He didn't even look up from his book. 

"I need to talk to you," I closed the door and pulled up a chair beside him, "I may be mistaken but lately I've felt like you were avoiding me and-"

He put a bookmark in his book and placed it on the shelf. 

"I was just wondering if I'd done or said something wrong to you," he pulled on his shoes while I talked.
"If I did, I apologize but could you please tell me what I can do to make up for it."

He grabbed his hoodie and made his way towards the door. 

"Don't walk away from me! This is the problem right here! You haven't looked at me or said anything to me in the past week!" he stopped with his hand on the knob. 

"You don't stay in any room that I'm in for longer than 5 minutes, YB." I grabbed his shoulder and turned him around "What the hell is your problem?"

He jerked his shoulder out of my grasp. I waited for him to say something but he never did. He never averted his gaze from the floor. Forget it. I didn't have time for this. I pushed past him and rushed to my room.
I don't know how long I stayed in my room, staring at my phone. I needed to talk someone. I picked it up and I automatically went to text Young Bae. I always went to him when I had a problem; he was my best friend after all. At least, I had thought he was. I guess I couldn't ask him to help with my problem if he was the problem. He probably wouldn't have replied to me anyways. 
I let out a frustrated yell and threw my phone at the door. If T.O.P had opened that door a little sooner, he might have been hit in the throat. He looked around cautiously before stepping completely in. 

"Jiyong," he started "We're going to have a movie night. Do you want to come watch with us?"

"Young Bae probably wouldn't stay if I went. I'd hate to ruin his night," I mumbled to myself. 

"What?" he asked 

"Young Bae doesn't want me there!" I yelled at him. 

I hadn't meant to yell. That's just how it came out. I guess this crap was starting to get to me. 

"What are you talking about? GDYB is inseparable!"

"Not lately hyung." 

Am I really the only one who's noticed? T.O.P sat beside me and placed his arm around my shoulder. I cuddled up to him so that he could comfort me.

"Well if it's any consolation, I want you there." he placed a kiss on my forehead and left. 

I sighed and watched him leave. It was a nice gesture but there was no way I was going to that movie. I began packing a small bag. I didn't plan to be gone long, only long enough to get myself together. Maybe Young Bae would be ready to explain himself after I got back. Or not. YB could be a little unpredictable sometimes.