Extra

Talking About Love
extra:

it feels like forever since he’s been to korea though it’s only been three months, really. baekhyun's graduated from his postgraduate program now, carrying with him the title of master of arts in international relations. he's also older, and as pleasant as ever, still radiating childishness because of his youthful face. he’s coming home to korea and somehow it makes him nervous – perhaps it’s because there are so many people in the arrival gate, each of them waiting for whoever it is they’re welcoming.

“baekhyun!”

he snaps his head to his right, staring wide-eyed as his family and friends hold different placards in their hands. he breaks into a smile, running over to them and hugging the first person he can reach, which happens to be sehun.

“oh but i see you’ve brought a cutie with you.”

it's then that he feels zitao’s gloomy mood; he’s conveniently forgotten that he’s bringing someone along and zitao’s glare painfully feels like it’s saying you’re going to regret this.

releasing sehun from his oxygen-cutting hug, he turns to his friend and pulls him closer by his shoulders. “everyone, this is cho jinho who used to room with me at the dorm. jino-yah, meet everyone,” he gestures vaguely at the group before them. he can see the twitch on zitao’s eyebrow.

jino smiles and bows politely, introducing himself again. “please call me jino,” he says cutely without any intention of being cute at all (but he’s still cute, so).

he can see everyone’s heart melt into a big puddle of strawberry ice cream.





they're standing in the balcony, the cold winter air ignored as baekhyun leans against the railing, zitao behind him with his hands covering baekhyun’s. the party downstairs is still ongoing but jino has long since turned in, exhausted from the trip. baekhyun has initially fallen asleep on the couch, but was woken up when zitao and yixing carried him to his room. now he’s just having trouble going back to sleep – being too tired does that to him sometimes. baekhyun shifts, leaning his head on zitao’s shoulder.

“i have so many things to tell you.”

“then tell me.”

he shakes his head, a small smile tugging on his lips. “too tired… but there’s one thing i want to say now.”

zitao's kiss to his ear prompts him to turn his head to look straight at those piercing black orbs which will soften whenever he gazes into them.

“i'm glad you’re still mine.”

the younger certainly wasn’t expecting him to say that; his eyes widen a fraction before curving upwards as he smiles.

“i'm glad you’re still mine, too.”

byun baekhyun is home.