The Twins & Kai

I Live In Wonderland

 

chapter three ; the twins & kai

28k6flk.jpg

Sometimes, Tao could be a bit too much. The guy liked skinship in general, and was very affectionate.

But as a girl, you had some problems with it. Tao was your best friend. So you shouldn't mind it when he held your hands or kissed your cheeks or nuzzled your face like the cat he was. But sometimes, you wished he would stop it. You couldn't have him making you flustered like that. He shouldn't be able to do that...right?

You blew your bangs from your face as Tao continued to tug on your hand, trying to ignore the feeling you were getting from it.

Tao turned around, his eyes yellow in the dim light of the forest. "Are you okay Ari? You're awfully quiet. Something on your mind?"

You smiled and shook your head. "I'm fine."

"Okay..." But he didn't sound like he believed you.

You were almost to the White Palace when a pair of voices chimed in unison, "Well, look who we have here." Then the owners of the voices stepped out, side by side as always.

Luhan and Sehun were their names. Everyone referred to them as 'the twins' even though they weren't twins, and were in fact a few years apart in age. But they looked alike and always stuck together, plus they were brothers. Therefore they were 'the twins'.

"Luhan, Sehun," you greeted.

"What?" Luhan pouted. "No 'oppa'?" Sehun finished.

"Sehun, you're the same age as me," you pointed out. "And Luhan, mentally you're younger than me, so I refuse to call you 'oppa' or 'gege'."

"Fine, fine," they both said.

"So what's this about you as a potential future queen?" Luhan asked with a slightly manic grin.

"Are both of the kings after you?" asked Sehun with a matching grin, except his was cuter than Luhan's since Sehun couldn't really pull off the whole 'creepy' look.

"Uh...I'm not sure if I'm a potential queen," you said. "People just keep telling me I am. But those people don't include either of the kings. Well, I haven't seen the White King yet today but that's where I'm headed. And Sehun, there's your answer as well."

"Can we come to the White Palace with you?" Luhan asked excitedly.

"Uh...okay?" You rasied an eyebrow at them.

"Excellent!" they chimed in unison. Sehun took your free hand, and at the same time Luhan pushed Tao out of the way to claim your other hand. The twins smiled at you, lacing their fingers with yours as you all headed towards the White Palace.

Tao hung back a little bit, frowning at the scene. His hand felt empty without yours in it. He sighed and went to catch up.

 

The White Palace was just as grand as the Red Palace, just without the maze and red hearts everywhere. It was very neat and clean, and everyone here was quite nice. Especially its king.

As soon as Ari and the other three boys walked up the steps, Kai came out with a huge smile. "Ari!" He came forward and hugged you lightly. Another good thing about Kai--he didn't act as if he was a king. He allowed people to call him by his name, yet he was quite refined as well. An odd mix, but it worked on him.

"We're here too," said the twins.

"I saw you too. I was being a gentleman. You know, ladies first." He gave an easy grin, clapping the twins on the back and doing the same to Tao. "How have you guys been? Ari, it's been too long since you've visited me. I get lonely and find myself in need of a female companion."

"You have females around the palace," you pointed out.

He grinned and whispered loudly, "Yes but they're all kind of old. I would like to have a girl around that's my age. And in Wonderland, that can only be you. Come, it's about teatime."

"Kings aren't after you, huh?" Sehun muttered in your ear once Kai turned around.

You elbowed him in the ribs. "Shut up!" you hissed.

"Ari?" Kai called when he saw you weren't following him. He frowned. "I'm sorry. I've forgotten my manners." He came back and offered his arm with a smile. "There. I shall be your ."

Tao rolled his eyes with the twins chuckled to themselves.

Kai led you to his parlor, a brightly lit room furnished in white. Kai himself matched the room in a white suit, his hair carefully styled so his bangs were out of his eyes. He served everyone tea, and you carefully watched him. His movements were graceful, careful. He had a warm, gentle aura that surrounded him, very different from his brother's fiery one.

Kai smiled to himself when he saw you staring at him. *Doesn't she know what she's doing? Staring at a king so openly. Not very ladylike.* He stole a glance at you. *But her not caring makes her somehow even more interesting.* Kai placed your teacup in front of you. "Your tea, Ari. I assume you still take three lumps of sugar and a spoonful of honey?"

You nodded with a smile, taking a sip. "You remembered."

*Of course I remembered. I remember everything about you, and everything you say to me, silly girl.*

Tao studied the white king and scoffed a little bit, covering it up with a half-cough. *Idiot. Like I can't read what's in his eyes. I am a cat. I know things.*

"Your brother sent for me earlier," you told Kai as you bit into a danish.

He stopped for a second, his teacup freezing half way to his lips. He moved again. "Did he?" You nodded, so he continued. "What did he want to talk to you about?"

"The ball."

"Are you going to his this year? You went to mine last year."

You shrugged. "I don't know. He said that was the night he was going to announce the name of his queen. I'm not sure if I want to be there for that."

Kai nodded. "I have to announce the name of mine that night too. And why don't you want to be there when he announces it?"

"Because he may or may not have been hinting that he was going to choose me."

Kai winced a little bit. "And you don't want to be queen of the Red Palace?"

"No." You shuddered. "Can you image what it would be like, married to that idiot? He'd spend more than half the time nagging, and the rest he'd be smirking at you."

Kai chuckled, feeling slightly relieved. "That's probably true, knowing my hyung." He turned to Tao. "How have you been, Tao? Annoy my brother recently?"

Tao flashed his mischevious grin. "I have. Just yesterday I slipped a mouse into his bed."

Kai laughed. "And how did he handle that?"

"Of course he yelled 'OFF WITH ITS HEAD!' at the poor creature. Then he vowed that if he ever saw me in his palace he'd have my head as well, even though he didn't know I was there."

You grinned, remembering it as well. "It was really funny," you offered. "But I did feel sorry for that mouse. I think it actually did lose its head."

"I would've eaten him anyway," said Tao.

"Yuck. You're not actually a cat, gege," you said.

"Says who?" Suddenly, a pair of ears appeared on Tao, a tail flicking behind him. He grinned, eyes flashing yellow.

"Then can I pet you?" you said in a fake squealy tone. You reached out your hand to pat his head. He gave you a look, the ears and tail disappearing.

Luhan and Sehun were only half-paying attention, talking amongst themselves in a way that only they could do. Kai smiled softly at how you joked around with Tao, wishing you'd do the same to him. But of course, since he was a king, you didn't dare.

"We have to go," you said once you finished your third cup of tea. "I have to be back at Suho oppa's for work."

Kai nodded, feeling slightly disappointed. *I want you to call me oppa, too. And I want you to stay.*

"We'll be leaving too," said the twins, standing up and bowing. "It was nice seeing you, Kai."

Kai waved to them with a friendly smile as they left the White Palace. He walked you and Tao to the door. Kai gave you a gentle smile as he wrapped his arms around you. Tao felt a little annoyed.

"I'll see you later. Promise you'll visit me more in the week," Kai murmured, his lips close to your ear. You could feel goosebumps rising on your skin from the feeling of his breath on your ear.

"I promise," you said, pulling back, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"Good." Kai grabbed one of your hands giving it a squeeze. "Bye, Ari."

You walked to Tao, who quickly grabbed one of your hands. You waved goodbye to Kai with your free hand.

Kai waved back, his smile slowly fading as you headed into the forest, away from him. *Ari...if I were to name you my queen, would you accept?*

ev18qd.png

AUTHOR'S NOTES; Well, this chapter...idk. So how are you guys liking Kai? Or do you like Kris more? Or Tao? o.o

Um...not much of Luhan and Sehun in this chapter either. I just needed to introduce them. There will be more of them later, promise ;)

Comment and Subscribe<3

♥sketchitout

 

» layout credit