An Act Of Kindness

Clash of the Hunters

I registered the smell of the room I was in before completely opening my eyes. It was the same as the day I found myself in the SHINee mansion. I recalled everything that happened and mentally winced.

I had made it to the ghetto those Teen Top chumps were talking about, and eventually killed off the Pure-blooded Vampire there. Unfortunately, all of the ghetto was under his control, and while I was fighting them off, I hadn't realized they were pushing me back. It took hours, but soon, I found myself near SHINee territory, and then they found me, and saved me.

Slowly opening my tightly shut eyes, I confirmed my surroundings. I looked around- I was alone. I checked my wounds, which were tightly bound with bandages. I didn't even want to know how one of them bandaged me. I climbed off the bed as slowly as I could and looked off to the door when I noticed- they fixed the hole in the wall I made. I grinned sheepishly, knowing I'd just break the wall again eventually.

The door squeaked as it opened, but I ignored it as I headed for the stairs. It was obvious they were there, with the television being heard even from inside my room. I didn't understand why they would keep it that loud, but it was up to them, not me. The stairs let out moans as I started down them and found myself in the living room.

Four. Four of them were scattered in the living room. I tilted my head to the side, trying to figure out who was missing.

"Oh, Cee Rya! You're awake!" one said suddenly. It was Key, who popped out of the kitchen suddenly. I wanted to say thank you, but found that my voice was missing.

"Come on, Key hyung made you breakfast!" Taemin shouted, jumping up from the sofa to shove me toward the kitchen.

I sat in a chair, in front of the kitchen table, staring down at the food placed before me. It looked amazing, but I couldn't move my arms. It felt like an anchor was placed on me, making me unable to move. I didn't understand this. I was never this way, especially after completing a mission. It was just a matter of time before the next train out of here, shouldn't I be excited to leave?

"Is something the matter with the food?" A voice asked, pulling me from my thoughts.

I looked up from my food, in order to meet the gaze of Minho, who was standing beside a dejected Key. Was he sad because I wasn't eating? I shook my head, and began moving my arms. The anchor was suddenly lifted as I brought the fork of eggs to my lips.

To say it was good would be an understatement. It reminded me of the way my human father used to cook eggs for me.

"Thank you." my voice sounded stiff, but I was relieved that it came out.

Key's face suddenly reddened and he nodded, waving it off.

I was eating, and looked at the time on the wall clock. The train would arrive soon. Leaving the breakfast which was made for me, I went back to my room to get my belongings. I didn't want to look at the trunk, but it was inevitable. I dragged it to the staircase and slowly led it down the stairs where the SHINee guys were waiting.

"After all of this, you're leaving?" a weak voice asked. I felt Onew's power decrease and looked at him. The poor... boy looked starved, but still had the energy to scold me?

"Am I supposed to stay?" I scoffed.

"Why not?" Taemin asked with a pout.

"Because I'm an official officer of the Vampire Hunters?" I shot in return; "I'm supposed to be killing Vampires, not living with them."

"You're a Vampire." Key said bluntly.

"It might be what I was born as, but it's not what I am now." I snapped in a low tone.

"We need you to stay." Jonghyun said suddenly.

"Why?" I dared him to continue.

"Teen Top knows you're living here." he continued.

"Yes, and if we stay here unprotected, they'll send half-bloods after us." Minho nodded, confirming the story.

Key quickly grabbed my trunk and brought it back up the stairs without making eye contact with me.

"Should I just kill Teen Top?" I asked, looking back to my trunk.

"No." Taemin shouted, and I was surprised; "We just need protection."

"But if I just kill-" I was cut off when Key ran past us and shoved Onew toward me.

"Hey, hyung, you explain to this one why she needs to stay." Key barked, disappearing with the rest of them.

We stood there for a moment, just staring at each other. I, because I wanted him to get to the 'explaining' him, for some unknown reason.

His face paled even further, and I gaped; "Are you okay? You look... dead."

"I'm fine." he said, brushing me off as he climbed up the stairs; "I'm going to my room."

I followed him; "Wait, why do you look so pale?!"

"Why do you care?" he asked, stopping before his door. He looked over his shoulder at me once, and then opened the door. Before he could close it, I stuck my foot in the way and pushed the door so I could barge into the room fully.

"I care because..." I couldn't find a reason; "I don't know why, but I do care, so please, stop."

I shut the door behind me, so he couldn't push me back out, and then it happened. His body, weak and pale, collapsed onto mine, pressing me onto the door behind me, and him onto me.

"I'm sorry." he whimpered, trying to pull away; "I haven't been able to feed lately."

He looked as if he were going to disappear, and it hurt me to see him that way.

"Oh, you're just hungry." I laughed; "You should have just said so."

"Wha-" he began.

I moved my hair from my neck carefully, where his head was resting on my shoulder.

"What are you-" Onew began, panic filling his weak voice.

"Just shut up and take it. I'm sure your friends don't need to worry about a dead Onew." I laughed bitterly.

"Thank you." he whispered. Then his lips, soft and smooth brushed upward toward my neck, and I felt myself shiver. He held me, both to secure me and himself. A sharp pain filled my neck, and I gasped as his fangs entered my skin, but I could do nothing to stop him. I would just have to let him feed off me.

My body was at its limit, but he was still going. I couldn't take it anymore; "O-Onew..."

Startled, he stopped, pulling his fangs out of my skin. He pushed himself off me and I saw he was fully energized.

"Cee Rya! I'm so sorry! I-" He was finally back to normal, and for that I was glad.

"I'm going back to sleep." I said, quickly escaping as he stood there by himself.

The feeling that came over me when he was taking my blood- it's something that can't be described. What I do know is... it scared me.