Chapter 1

The Man of My Dreams....Choi Siwon

Rain

"Happy Birthday Rain, I'm sorry I couldn't go visit you but you know how busy things get with the company. You're present should be arriving soon, I hope you like it. Well I have to go now but I'll talk to you soon." said my mother before hanging up. I let out a sigh and walked around the big two story house that my mother had bought for me to live in while I studied in the States. She said she wanted me to live comfortably but I knew that the reason she sent me to study here was because she didn't want the reporters to find out that she had a daughter. My mother the only daughter of one of the richest families in Korea and owned several energy supplying companies in South Korea as well as the United States. However she fell in love with my father and became pregnant with me while she was still a teenager. My father left her when he found out that she was pregnant with me which led my mom to study in Paris so that she could in turn hide her pregnancy. Since she was the only daughter of a high status family it would be shamed upon to have had a child so young and without being married. So long story short my mother has kept me hidden for the past 24 years of my life. I lived in Seoul until I was 18 years old and then moved to the states to study business and music and would model on the side to keep me busy. I was almost done with school and would soon be moving back to Korea to begin working for my mom's company. Even though my mother may sound like a bad person, I could never hate her. She could have easily given me up for adoption or abort me before I was even born but instead chose to keep me. I loved my mother, but that didn't stop me from still feeling a bit sad that I had to spend another birthday alone. I worked part time at a restaurant near my university and loved my co workers there because they had become my family in the past six years that I lived in the United States. Earlier they had a party for me at the restaurant but now I was home alone and facing a birthday cake that my mom's secretary had sent over for my birthday. It was already getting close to midnight but I didn't want to sleep since I constantly had nightmares of being left behind or forgotten. I cut a piece of birthday cake and stepped outside onto the balcony as I looked up at the stars. Just as I was about to take a bite of the cake I saw a shooting star amongst the dark sky. "Oh!" I said before quickly closing my eyes to make a wish. "I have everything I could ask for ..... the only thing I wish is to have pleasant dreams when I sleep....I don't want to be afraid anymore....even if I can't have good dreams.....then I wish I wouldn't have to dream at all...." I thought before opening my eyes to look at the sky once again. I knew in my mind that I was silly for even thinking to make a wish but I still wanted to try. Lately my nightmares had been getting worse and more frequent that I would wake up with my heart pounding and in a cold sweat. I finished my cake and went to brush my teeth when I suddenly found my body extremely tired. "Wow....what's with me?" I said to myself as I noticed my eyes had become so heavy that it was a struggle to keep them open. I had barely managed to get under the covers when i felt myself drifting off into a deep sleep.

The next morning I felt something move as an alarm began to beep loudly. "When did I set up the alarm?" I thought to myself since I didn't have class on Fridays. Before I could even open my eyes I let out a scream as I felt a muscular arm land heavily on my chest. Just as I opened my eyes I screamed again as I saw that a man was half and in front of me. We both jumped out of the bed and it was the man who looked to be around my age spoke first. "W-who are you?! And what are you doing here?!!" he yelled as he used a pillow to cover up the upper portion of his exosed body. I was shocked that he spoke flawless Korean since no one I knew in Las Angeles spoke it. I looked around the room and didn't recognize anything. "W-where....am I?" I asked as I kept myself as far from the man as possible. He looked angry as he said, "You're in MY room!" I looked down at myself and noticed that I was still wearing my pajamas. "You....did you bring me here? Did you break into my house and take me? What do you WANT?!" I screamed at him as i noticed that I was becoming more frightened every time another second passed. "Ya! This is MY room! You're in MY apartment! I don't know how you got in here but the only thing I want is for you to please leave before I call the police." he said sternly as pointed towards the door. I looked at him and couldn't say more since it really looked as if I were the one trespassing. "Am I drunk? No... I don't drink.... last night I ate cake....birthday cake...." I said as I continued to go over the last things I remembered. I quickly came back to my senses as I felt something soft hit me from across the room. "Ya! You crazy stalker please get out!" he said even more fierce this time which made me angry for some reason. "What? Crazy? Stalker?" I asked him in a frustrated tone. "I don't even know why I'm here or how I got here. As far as I know you could've drugged me and brought me here since it makes no sense for me to even break into a house I don't even know. So can you please stop yelling!" I said as I threw the pillow onto the bed. I watched as he walked over to his closet and pulled on a shirt before coming to stand in front of me. "What's your name?" he asked. "Rain....Park Rain." I said still unsure of whether to trust him with any information at all. "How old are you?" he asked me suspiciously. "What does it matter..." I began to say but stopped as I saw him roll his eyes impatiently. "I just turned 24." I answered him honestly. "Are you a student?" he then asked. I looked at him seriously as I said, "Yes...I'm about to get my Master's Degree in Business here at UCLA." His face flinched as he began to look at me strangely before saying, "UCLA...?" I looked at him that way as well as I said, "Yeah...the University of California, Los Angeles." "Do you know where you are?" he asked as he continued to look at me strangely. "No....but I'm sure I can find my way back." I said as I took off my earrings and handed them to the man in front of me. "Here....they're 24kt Gold earrings. If you sell them you can probably get between 200-400 dollars. Can I just borrow some money for a taxi and .... shoes...." I said as I looked down at my bare feet. He didn't move and just kept starring at me. I grabbed one of his hands and placed my earrings in his palm before saying, "Please....I'll even give you compensation money as well, I just need to get home." I said as I pleaded earnestly. "You're...going to need more money if you want to get back to your home in Los Angeles...." he said seriously as he looked down at my earrings. "What do you mean....we are in Los Angeles..." I said as I looked at him confused. He shook his head from side to side as he clearly stated, "We're in Seoul...as in South Korea."

Siwon

"What....what did you just say?" she asked me before running over to my window. I watched as she gasped at the scenery which was probably not familiar to her. She then ran to the living room and I heard as the television was being . I walked into the living room and found her collapsed on the floor as she flipped through the channels. "It's.....all Korean...." she whispered before looking around in a panic. I was about to tell her again that she was in South Korea but stopped when I saw her grasping at her chest. "Hey....are you ok?" I asked before watching her collapse on all fours and breathing hard. I rushed over to her and tried to help her stand up but after a few seconds she went limp in my arms. "Rain! RAIN! Wake up!" I said loudly as I tried to get her to open her eyes. I bent down to check if she was breathing and felt relief once I confirmed she had just passed out. "I need to call a doctor...." I whispered as I carried her over to my bed before going over to call my personal physician. The doctor came and started an I.V on her and told me that she had suffered an anxiety attack and would be unconscious for a few hours. The doctor began to ask me if she had suffered any type of stress but I stayed quiet since I had no clue what to tell him. After the doctor left, I called to cancel my schedules for the day since I felt like I had to stay and watch over her. I sat on the couch across from the bed and couldn't keep my thoughts from wandering about who she could be. She had clearly said that her home was in L.A but she spoke fluent Korean........... "Could she be lying to me...no....there is no way you can fake an anxiety attack...." I continued to think before deciding to look at the cctv footage to take a look at how she had managed to get into my apartment. I my laptop and began to rewind the recording but didn't see anyone or anything. I even went as far back as three days and was unable to find a trace of the girl who now lay unconscious on my bed. After another hour I saw that she had begun to move so I rushed to her side to see if she was alright. I watched as her eyes slowly opened and she looked around the room. "You had an anxiety attack and passed out in the living room." I said as I helped her sit up so that she could drink a glass of water that I had brought for her. She looked sad as she took a sip and then noticed the needle that was attached to her left hand. "I called my personal physician to come take a look at you since it would be hard for me to take you to a hospital...." I told her since she still hadn't spoken a word. Her head fell into her hands in defeat as she began to say, "What am I going to do...." I couldn't help but feel sorry for her even though I felt confused about her situation as well. "Where are you from?" I asked her softly as I put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her. "I'm...from Seoul...but I haven't been here in almost six years, and I'm not supposed to be here...at least not yet. I have a life in L.A.....I have jobs as well as people who depend on me...and I have to finish school. " she said as she continued to look worried about all the things she had pending back home. "I'm so sorry and I feel horrible asking this but ... is it possible for me to stay here just for today? I just need to figure out how I'm going to get back to L.A. without anyone finding out that I'm here. For one I don't know how I would explain to anyone without them thinking that you kidnapped me. Please, I can even have money wired to your account first thing tomorrow, but right now I need to get back. I can even cook or clean for you if you want, please I beg you." she pleaded earnestly. "Ok...you can stay here for today but I still want to ask you some things." I said as I looked at her seriously. She nodded obediently and waited for my questions as I said, "Do you know who I am?" She nodded her head side to side. I had thought that she might be a fan but as I looked her clueless face I decided that she was definitely not so I took this time to introduce myself, "My name is Choi Siwon and I'm 25 years old." She bowed her head and we akwardly shook hands which made me laugh a bit. She laughed as well which made it more comfortable to talk to her. "Do you need me to help you with anything?" I asked her politely since I found myself honestly wanting to help her. "Actually...if it's not too much to ask, may I borrow a computer and a phone? I need to find a way to get another passport as well as notify my employers that I'm out of the country." she asked politely. I let her use my office and told her that I would leave for a few hours to get some stuff done as well. Once I was out I decided to call Kyuhyun for some help. We met at his favorite Chinese restaurant since the owner knew us and would allow us to use a special room so that we could talk and enjoy our meal without being spotted by our fans. "So hyung you missed me already?" said Kyuhyun as he ordered his usual meal. I gave a little laugh as I answered playfully, "Of course, you know I can't live without you." I watched as he smiled before giving me his famous smile and wink. "I was suprised that you wanted a date with me so soon hyung. What's the special occasion?" teased Kyuhyun before I reached over and pinched his cheek. "Aigoo punk! Well actually...I need you to go shopping with me." I said before taking a sip of water to try and avoid Kyuhyun's questioning gaze. I didn't have to hide my eyes from him for long as he said, "Alright, I have time today. I'm all yours." he said slyly before our dishes were brought out.

Shopping was never easy to do since we had so many fans but Kyuhyun and I still managed to find our way through the male brands we liked and spent a few hours trying on different things for each other. It wasn't until we passed by a manequin wearing a womans outfit that I finally began to make my move. "Hey Kyuhyun-ah... what do you think about this outfit?" I said casually as I stopped in front of it. Kyuhyun cleared his throught and tried to look natural by saying, "It's nice...but I think your muscular legs would totally outshine the skirt." I gave him a playful glare before asking, "Don't you think this is something your noona might wear?" I saw as a gentle smile came across his face. "Noona....I should go see her. I feel like it's been ages since the last time I saw her." he said as he reached out to touch the manequin. "You should get her a present." I sugested hoping that Kyuhyun would take my bait and begin shopping for women's clothing so that I could pick something out for Rain. "You're right, I think I will." he said as I saw his face brighten at the thought of getting something for his older sister. Anyone who knew Kyuhyun closely knew how much he treasured and looked up to his older sister. "Do you know her size?" I asked softly as I pretended to take interest in the texture of the clothes. "Of course hyung, its not the first time I buy clothes for noona." said Kyuhyun happily before heading off to the size 0-1 section. "Rain is probably a size 1..... her shape is pretty close to Kyuhyun's sister....." I thought to myself before following behind Kyuhyun. Once Kyuhyun finished picking out what he wanted to get for his sister, I convinced him into trying out an stylish Armani suit. It didn't take long to convince him since Kyuhyun himself if a fan of shopping even though he likes to keep that a secret. While Kyuhyun was busy in the dressing room I decided to purchase the same outfit outfit for Rain. I went over to the nearest attendent and handed her my card. "Please wrap this same outfit for me, as well as that one and that running suit over there." I said softly as I pointed to a few manequins. Kyuhyun was probably busy checking himself out in the mirror so that gave me enough time to take a quick look at some shoes. I let the saleslady decide on a few pairs that would match the outfits that I had chosen and told her to have them delivered to my address so that I could get the clothes to Rain without Kyuhyun finding out that I had a woman at my place. He wouldn't mind but knowing Kyuhyun it wouldn't stay a secret for long. I went back to the male's section and found Kyuhyun paying for the suit. "Oh hyung I was looking for you. The suit obviously looks amazing on me so it would be a total waste not to take it." he said as he gave me playful smirk. We continued to shop for accessories and then parted after deciding to meet tomorrow morning for rehearsal with the rest of the Super Junior members. As I headed back I was thinking of how Rain would respond to the clothes that were being delivered. Although a part of me was still wary of the stranger that mysteriously appeared in my bedroom but I still wanted to be a polite gentleman and provide her with a few fresh sets of clothes. I was hoping to find her excitedly opening the the boxes of shoes and clothing but was disappointed when I found them untouched in the living room. I walked into my office and found her speaking seriously to someone on the phone in Japanese while typing away furiously on my laptop. Once she hung up the phone she looked up to me and said, "Sorry that was the bank manager, even though its after office hours I was able to get ahold of him to do me this favore. I can't take out money from my Seoul account since I don't have my seal or anything but I was able to get funds from my Japanese account so if you could write down your account number for me I can have the money transferred to your account in seconds." I didn't notice that I had a perplexed look on my face and continued to stare at the girl before my eyes. "She says she's from Seoul....but currently lives in Las Angeles....yet she speaks fluent Japanese and even has an offshore account.... just who exactly is this girl??" I wondered as I continued to look at her. Once I saw her questioning look I quickly came back to my senses. "You don't have to pay me anything. Were you able to get your things in order?" I asked politely as I took a seat across from her. She looked stressed and tired but it was a good thing that she was still hooked up to the I.V. the doctor had started on her earlier that morning. "Yes, I spoke with the embassy and they agreed to get me a temporary visa so that I can at least travel and get my travel documents since it makes no sense to get new ones. It was actually difficult to explain the reason I got separated from my passport so I made up a story that my relative took it by accident. I should be able to leave back the day after tomorrow. But I feel really awful about intruding on you so please accept my money." she finished as she looked up at me with sincere eyes. I didn't want to accept anything from her but I felt that she would continue being persistent about it unless I gave in. I wrote down my account for her and remembered the clothes that I had gotten her. "Um...Rain.....there were a few boxes that were delivered here right?" I said casually as I tried to avoid her gaze. "Oh yeah, I signed for you but left them in the living room." she responded lightly as she began to key in my accound number. I didn't know why but I was getting shy all of a sudden. As I slowly got up from my chair I said, "You should go and take a look at what's inside. I thought you could use them..." I said as I slowly walked out of the office and waited for her in the living room. She appeared shortly as she rolled the I.V stand along with her. She looked at me curiosly but I gave her an encouraging smile as she got closer to the first box and opened it. It warmed my heart to see her smile as she pulled out the outfit I had first seen with Kyuhyun. It was an ivory colored dress with a black cashmere scarf. It looked like a perfect outfit for the cold weather of February and even though I would be sending this girl off soon,  I would feel better knowing I sent her out in something warm but stylish. "Everything is so beautiful...how did you know my size?" she asked after looking at the running suit and sleep wear that was in the other boxes. "Well... a friend of mine has an older sister that looks similar to your size... so I just went with that." I answered honestly as heard her giggle. "Thank you so much Siwon-ssi I really appreciate all this.... I was actually wondering how I was going to check into a hotel wearing this." she said as she pointed to her pajamas. I looked over at the clock and noticed that it was almost midnight. The gentleman in my took over as I looked to her and said, "It's really late already, I think its better if you spend the night. Besides you're still recovering from the panic attack you had earlier..." She began to say that she didn't want to impose on me by staying another night but I convinced her that it was much safer for her health. Rain went to take a shower and I went to bring out a set of blankets from the closet so that I could make myself comfortable on the couch. Once I heard the bathroom door unlock I quickly got under the covers and pretended to be asleep so that she wouldn't argue about taking the bed tonight. Even though it was my apartment, I could never let a girl sleep on the couch let alone one that was recovering. I heard her gasp as she saw me sleeping on the couch and almost laughed as she began whispering, "Siwon-ssi...Siwon-ssi....wake up..... oh what should I do...I can't sleep on his bed....." she eventually gave up tryinig to wake me up and headed to the bedroom. I layed there for a minute as I began to smile as I began to go over everything that happened since this morning. If I were to tell this to anyone, they would probably think I was crazy for helping out a complete stranger, but for some reason I didn't feel threatened by her and she seemed like an honest person. I was distracted from my thoughts when I heard my phone beep. It was text message from my bank account letting me know that money had just been deposited. "It's probably the funds she transferred from her account." I thought to myself as I opened the message to read the rest of it. My hand froze and I had to blink twice before I was able to process the amount that was now available to me. The amount deposited was 8,346,000 Japanese yen which was equivelent to 107,519,014 Korean won or 100,000 U.S dollars! If it had been money that came from my income, I wouldn't say a word but this was a large amount of money that a strange girl had just deposited into my account. No other person would give this large sum of money unless they belonged to a wealthy family or apart of something illegal.... I immediately jumped from the couch and headed to the bedroom where I found Rain on my bed while her eyes were barely fluttering to close. As she lay there innocently dosing off into her sleep I internally scolded myself for ever thinking that this girl could be apart of something negative. I leaned against the doorway and watched her body lightly move with each breath she took until she began to fade. I rubbed my eyes to see if I hadn't seen wrong but gasped as she slowly began to disapear leaving behind her silouette in the sheets where her body used to lay a few moments before....

 

*author's note*

Hello everyone :) I'm sorry i barely released the first chapter but this semester was so hectic and I was also having battery trouble with my laptop so I wasn't able to use it for long periods of time but I hope you like where I'm goind with this story. Please comment and I'll start working on the second chapter tomorrow since I'm officially out on x-mas vacation! :D Subscriptions and comments are greatly appreciated! <3