Unwanted Hero

Picture Perfect

Sunday morning came around pretty quickly, and you were once again behind the counter. You greeted each guest that came through the door and assisted them with all of their needs.

 

But even with customers coming and going, there wasn't much to do. You found yourself sighing out of pure boredom or just staring off into space quite a few times.

 

After a while, you decided to do something productive and took your sketch book out. The book was basically a part of you and you carried the thing everywhere with you. It acted like a diary of sorts, with its pages filled with people you've met and places you've visited.

 

You turned to a fresh clean page and started to sketch random items that were on display near the counter. But after about an hour of drawing Chuba Chups, that got boring too.

 

As you were about to move on to doodling the ramen isle across from you, the bell jingled, signalling customers.

 

A handful of middle schoolers came rushing through the doors. They were a rowdy bunch, and quite intimidating. They were cursing under their breaths about something, and some of them were joking around a bit too roughly in your opinion. The boys grabbed their instant ramen cups, basically tossed the money at you, and moved to the back the store to indulge in their meal.

 

You were distracted by the bunch the whole time. Something in your gut told you that somehow this was not going to end well.

 

And you were right.

 

A few minutes later. A roar of laughter was heard, along with the sound of liquid being spilled and something toppling over.

 

Surprised, you quickly left your station to inspect the damage. When you arrived you were greeted with a the dreadful sight of a HUGE mess. Several cups of ramen were spilled over the counter top, bits of torn napkin were sprawled all over the area, and the little devils had apparently managed to knock the trash bin over too.

 

Oh you were beyond enraged.

 

"YAH!"

 

The boys stopped their laughing and turned to you.

 

"What the heck are you guys doing?!? This place isn't your playground you little punks!"

 

The tallest one of them merely smirked at your rant. "Hey, we were just having a little fun noona~"

 

You glared at him. "Clean. This. Up. Right. Now." You gave them your best '' face and let out a growl. However, the only thing that came out of them was another fit of laughter.

 

"Isn't that your job noona? Customers are the kings right?"

 

"Yeah, and while you're at it, can we get a pack of smokes? A pretty noona like you can let it slide right? We're pretty mature for our age anyway~."

 

Your face was red from anger at this point. "NO. I will not 'let it slide' and you guys WILL clean this place up if you know whats good for you, you little s!"

 

Suddenly, the glint in their eyes changed, and they rolled their necks in irritation.

 

"My god, are you that thick?? What the hell makes you think we're gonna listen to you?" They took a step forward, trying to mess with you.

 

You faltered a bit but stood your ground. "B-because! What you guys did was totally immature and little punks like you need to be taught a lesson! Now CLEAN THIS UP!"

 

Then, something strange happened. The boys who looked like they were about to slap you suddenly fell silent.

 

'Well...finally the message went through.' You thought proudly. But then you slowly realized....they weren't looking at you., but rather at something behind you.

 

You slowly turned your head to see what had caused such a reaction, and immediately flinched at the sight.

 

Behind you stood Yongguk, with his mop of disheveled purple hair and a frown. His mouth was in a straight line, hinting that he was not amused, and his eyes shot a glare that could kill.

 

"What the hell are you doing?" His deep voice rumbled.

 

The boys all hung their heads and tried to avoid any eye contact. "H-hyung! W-we didn't know y-you came here."

 

Yongguk growled. "The last time I checked, I told you guys to never come near my sight.." He stuck his hands in his pockets and stepped forward.

 

The twerps looked liked little puppies now. "JWESONGHAMNIDA HYUNG!" One of them even got down on their knees. "We-we'll get out of your hair now!"

 

The gang then scrambled to the door, tripping on the way, and ran out the store in the blink of an eye.

 

The department store fell silent. You stood there with your mouth open, still trying to process what just happened.

 

"Yah," Yongguk's voice broke you out of your trance. "You're gonna catch flies if you don't close that thing."

 

You closed your mouth and turned your attention to him. "Ok....what was that?"

 

"What was what?" Yongguk casually turned and approached the ramen isle and grabbed an armful ramen.

 

"That. Just now. Do you know them? Did you beat them up in the past, 'cause that's a low blow even for them I-"

 

"Look," he cut you off. "Let's just say, I taught them a little lesson a while back and leave it at that ok?" He then started to walk towards the exit.

 

"Hey don't think about leaving without paying again!" You ran towards him and shouted.

 

Yongguk made an abrupt stop, causing you to nearly crash into him, turned, and stuck his face into yours.

 

Your eyes widened as you felt his breath near your lips.

 

"First of all, I'm older than you, so stop being so informal." You frowned. "Second, I helped you get rid of those thrash bags and I think I deserve a thank you."

 

"I was handling the situation just fine thank you." You stepped back, distancing yourself from him.

 

He rolled his eyes. "Oh sure, you had those middle school punks wrapped around your finger didn't you shorty?" Shorty? Oh no he didn't.

 

"Hey! I never asked for your help so don't think you can just waltz outa here again you punk!" That merely got a chuckle out of him and he walked towards the door.

 

As he was about to leave, you grabbed his arm and attempted to drag him back. But he was too strong for you. He brushed your hand off and came at you with a counter attack by flicking you on the forehead with his free hand.

 

"Ow! What the heck!" You cried out from the sudden sting and furiously rubbed at the spot.

 

When you looked up from your rubbing Yongguk was already out of your sight. "UGH!!" You stomped your feet in frustration. You cursed his very soul and went on a little rampage. After pondering as to whether or not you should go and chase him down, you decided it was best to not leave your station...no matter how much you wanted to find him and strangle him.

 

Still fuming from the surprise attack, you went back to the mess and angrily mopped the floor, and cleaned up the trash and napkins. You then looked at the shelf that Yongguk took from and growled in anger. You had no choice once again to pay for him and restock.

 

You stomped to the storage room, took out a new box of ramen and prepared to refill the shelf. The suddenly...... a new realization hit you.

 

He had taken from the very top shelf. You couldn't reach.

 

'I...will....kill...him..'

 

--

Note!

Jwesonghamnida is a more formal and respectful way of saying I'm sorry or mianhae. Ohho

 

Man, I haven't updated in a while ㅠㅠ Stupid college preparations...

I'm not sure when the next chapter will come out but I'll have the story going as soon as possible D:

 

PEACE~!