thirty-seven.

We Just Couldn't Have It All© : Book 1

I'll help him not because he's a friend

I'll help him not because the person I like loves him

But, because he's a formidable rival and I chose my equal well.

Krystal sat at the nearby bench facing the wide lawn for soccer. There were children running round, playing with a tall young man kicking the soccer ball. Krystal watched in astonishment as she chuckled softly with the man’s gesture.

“Jongin-ah…” Krystal whispered softly.

There came Oh Sehun, holding on his hand that very bitter drink he’s always been drinking. He watched as Krystal looked at him, confused. Sehun hesitated to sit beside her but Krystal insisted to do so.

Sehun looked blankly at her as she beamed. “You look like you’re having fun looking at him. “Haven’t you understood why we’re here?”

“Of course I know…” Krystal began to remember how she got into this heart-racing moment where she just wanted to stay there for forever. She gratefully looked at Sehun as he handed the apple drink.

She gulped it in one go and closed her eyes.

 

It was a Thursday morning. Students were chirping merrily as they looked at each other with happiness. The same things had transpired and nothing was out of place.

Except this certain man who watched girls flock over him again as they tried to ask him about his weekends. He would gratefully smile for them and the girls’ eyes would twinkle with happiness, as if he was not doing it for damn every little day.

The girls looked satisfied as they chatted with Kai about his life, about his dorm and parents. And, he would again beam at them with one of his charismatic smiles. The girls would then rub their chests hardly, as if their hearts would fall on the floor.

This had been considered absurd for his case. He really couldn’t stand these fangirls. Only Sulli and Krystal could make his heart somewhat at ease. At least, they were not like them. He couldn’t bare them already and fiddled with his phone.

He accidentally looked at the calendar and saw that there was a side note for the next Tuesday. He looked in fright as he jumped. He never noticed that it was…his mother’s long waited birthday. He couldn’t have forgotten that day but he truly did. Maybe, due to many things he needed to face. He slumped back on his seat and tried to look at his classmates.

 

“Tell me I could choose fine gifts for a birthday…” He sighed hastily as he buried his face on the desk.

“You could…” Krystal shyly scratched her neck. “What’s up?”

Kai smiled as an idea struck his head. He couldn’t have believed that he found his sole savior in the existence of Krystal. “Oh…you’re a girl, right?” Kai bluntly said.

“Mnhm…” Krystal nodded, confused. After taking those words into heart, she gasped almost smacking his shoulder. “Of course, I am. Yah! Kim Jongin, how could you be so heartless…”

“Then, you could help me…” Kai reached for her hands and squeezed them together tightly. “Are you free this Saturday?”

“Wait, I’ll check…” Kai loose his grip on her hands as she checked for her phone. She nodded as she traveled her hands on the saved notes. “Yeah.”

“Yes!” He clapped his hands and murmured, “You’re a real lifesaver. So, it’s settled, right? Next Saturday..”

“Yeah?” Krystal got back on her chair. She got into something so troublesome, yet so important to her. So, she could have a date with him. Krystal suddenly remembered those words, *If it’s Krystal, I know I could fall in love again.* She face palmed, finely quoting what Kai had said to her. She hoped that this could be a good chance for him to open up to her.

 

Krystal painstakingly waited for the yearned Saturday. Just the night after, she rummaged her whole wardrobe of wonderful things not even seen by average or middle-class people. Even models could have wanted her wardrobe desperately and yet, even if that was the case, every single piece of dress could have been off on her taste buds.

She never really had this sort of beautiful mess on her bedroom. She tried to dial Sulli’s number and try to ask her for advice since she’s dating already.

But, it was the opposite. Of course, she’s dating her ex. How could she have the counsel she so needed? But, Sulli said something which was to be taken notice. “Soojung-ah, no matter how many pretty clothes you wear, you just needed to show who you are and it could touch his heart.”

Krystal never really questioned Kai about the gift thing that Friday. She would just hope in her heart that of course, Kai had something up his sleeves and Krystal just needed to assist. She giggled on her seat as the fan girls came over her, walking like petty bosses.

They leaned on her desk and with the intense eye contact, “What’s up with you and Kai-oppa yesterday?” Their eyes grew bigger.

There were a total of five girls, looking at her on every direction. They must’ve been the representatives. She thought as she cocked her head to the side, looking for Kai. But, he was not yet there. He must’ve slacked off and would be late for this class.

“TELL US!” They slumped her desk, almost shocking the hell out of her.

Sehun was looking firmly at them as he was as well shoving his fan girls off his face. They were inching at him as if they wanted to devour him wholly. Sehun tried to stay away from their advanced and tried to go near Krystal.

“…” She was speechless. She waited for them to ask again, blinking rapidly as their gazes were all fixated on her.

“I thought both of you are not related to each other. Both of you broke apart already, right?” They wanted to make her to stay away.

She gritted her teeth, waiting for them to walk away.

Sehun ran into her aid. Almost, shocking them, he winked at Krystal.

“I’m coming with them… we’re going to an orphanage my mother was managing. We needed extra hands.”

 

The girls pouted, looking at each other. “You should have just let us?” They asked, oblivious to the fact they are unwanted.

“But…” Sehun fakely scratched his head. “I don’t want all of you to get tired. I wanted the two of you to spend the most time~” He his lips and the girls were pleased.

Girls were swooning all over Sehun due to Kai being so abnormally unresponsive to them getting his attention. “Oh…well, if that’s what you say so.” They tilted their heads and walked off to their seats. They looked overwhelmed while smiling at each other as if they had hit the jackpot. “Aigoo….these girls.” Sehun chuckled softly.

“Why do you not hate it?” Krystal gulped, almost choking at his cheesiness.

“You couldn’t hate them.” Sehun calmly muttered.

“Why?” Krystal questioned, baffled. “Then, did you like it?”

“No…it’s because girls should be treated properly. They just got a little too much on showing their intentions. But, they’re really kind-hearted. I always saw them late at night while waiting for their Kai-oppa to arrive back home safely. Of course, they would not want to interfere to his life and would leave without snatching a photo or two.”

Krystal’s eyes widened as Kai’s name struck on her head. “Really?”

“Yeah…and of course, Kim Jong In could not have hated them as well. He was truly grateful for them. He’s not that showy but I think he’s not cruel enough to hate girls.”

“Why are you defending him?” Krystal looked at the door, and for an instance, Kai’s head cocked on the side as he slid the door to close it. He was gasping and trembling, as if he had just finished running a mile.

“Hmn.” He smirked. “Of course, he’s my rival. I wouldn’t want my rival to have such a low status.” He got back on his seat, observing Krystal as she intently locked her gaze on Kai.

“Krystal~” Kai sang with the voice of cheeriness.  “You ready, huh?”

“Eung.” Krystal affirmed as she greeted her a good morning.

“I hope she would like the present?”

“SHE?!” Krystal raised her voice, almost shocking half of the student body inside the room.

“Yeah, I call her my one and only lover.”

“Who is---“

Before Krystal could finish asking her own business, their teacher came in. She tried to look at the students who were caught on the moment. She just shrugged it off.

 

Okay, I think the Part Two would be tomorrow or this Sunday

I hope the Part Two won't take too late to be posted

So, I needed to pass many projects and badly wanted to express my sorry

`Coz I couldn't update real fast~ Mianhe

After you all waited for Kaistal...Omo, have you seen TaeStal..OMG.

'FIRST KISS' Oh. The feels~ What could Sulli and Kai feel? AHAHAHAHAHA.

What would the shippers feel?