Snobby Girls and Snobbier Receptionists

SHINing, EXOtic Dreams

"Ahgassin, we are here" The ahjussi looked back, smiling. "Good luck on your audition!" 

"Neh, kamsahamnida!" I handed him 2000 won. "Have a nice day!"

I walked into the tall building with SMENT in large white lighted letters. I smiledwhipping out my phone. I posed in front of the building, hands in a cute bbuing bbuing pose near my face. 

Click. Swipe. Swipe. And....Send. 

I quickly sent the picture to my best friend, Summer. The reply came quickly. 

You are in front of the SMTown building? AHHHH!!!!!!!!! Jealousssss ^_^ You better tell me if you see SHINee! 

I smiled widely. Only she knew about my long lasting dream to come to Korea and begin my career. Thinking about her brought a pang of guilt to me. My parents were thinking that I was attending Seoul National University. As a med student.

Well, I was accepted. On full scholarship.

I just wasn't attending.

[A/N- oooohhh bad to the bone, bro!~ OTL]


 

I looked down at my outfit before walking into the revolving doors. My favorite khaki flats with small flowers were on my feet, and I was wearing a worn pair of my favorite dark wash skinny jeans. I had on an oversize red plaid shirt that I had stolen from my brother, and I had cinched it in the waist with a thin gold chain belt.

I was wearing my precious gold necklace with a small gold heart hanging on it that my grandmother had gifted me. My ears were adorned with pearl studs that had my free flowing long wavy black hair hanging around it with natural brown-burgundy streaks. 

I was ready.

I stepped into the giant building, strolling to the receptionist desk. I could feel eyes following me from all around. The girls behind me in line were whispering loudly.

OMG, a foreigner?

WTF if she doing here?

Why does have her luggage with her?

Does she even know korean?

I looked back quickly, plastering on my fakest, and most polite smile. Their faces were caked with foundation and eyeliner, and their eyes were more circle lens than actual eyeball.

"Nan hangulmal arayo, pabogateun saramdeul. Deh? Deh."* I turned around satisfied, knowing their mouths should be hanging open right now. (*I know korean, stupid people. Okay? Yeah.)

"Annyeonghaseyo. Receptionist-nim? Can you tell me where to go to audition?" I gave her a brief smile and took out my LG as it vibrated. I looked at her name tag. 박요선? I see. Park Yo Seon ssi. 

So how is it going so far? Meet any pretty boys? kekeke. Any ulzzangs? Kwak Min Joon? kekekekeke. ^_^

I laughed. I just got here and she thought I had met Kwak Min Joon? 

I saw some annoying circle lens wearing girls, is that good enough? LOL, I haven't met Kwak Min Joon. And while I am at it, no I didn't meet SHINee or SuJu or SNSD either, so you can calm down, bro.

"Em, what's your name?" She looked at me with the same eyes that the taxi ahjusshi did.

"Oh, my name is Meera, but my Korean name is Song Mi Ra. Bangapsamnida*, Yo Seon-ssi." I bowed slightly, my hair grazing my lip gloss lightly. I flashed her my eye smile, and swept the hair behind my ear.

"Ah. I see. I'll take you. You are the auditioner from America right? I heard you called six months ago? My colleague was at the desk then." 

"Ah, yeh. Kim Seo Yoon-ssi?" I remembered the stiff voice and monotone.

"Yes, she quit a couple weeks back. But why do you have your suitcase with you?" She scoffed slightly.

"Because after I make the audition, I can just bring my stuff to the trainee dorms." I replied, paying more attention to my phone than her.

She laughed.

"Isn't that being a bit too overconfident? Either, that or you have a great sense of humor." She looked at me from head to toe, and brought her hand to to stifle her laughs as she led me to the door with a white 'Sm auditions' paper taped to it.

"It's not like someone like you is going to make it anyways" She murmured.

I stopped walking and brought my hands to my hips. I looked her from head to toe. 

"Does it look like I'm joking? For someone wearing last season's clearance heels and cheap makeup that looks like its from the dollar store, you sure do talk a lot." I said in English.

She looked at me baffled.

"Um, thanks?" She said in Korean, obviously not understanding what I just said in English.

I smiled widely at her whipping my hair behind my neck.

"Pabogateun saram"* I smirked at her, and walked into the room, hearing her gasp as I closed the door.

That's right.

No one messes with Song Mi Ra.