Plan B : Our first day at the ice-rink

Code Name : Blue

"Noona!"

"Not now, tae." I sigh at the little bob of energy in front of me.

"What's wrong? Taemin can help you!" Taemin frowns, spinning an empty cup in front of him.

"Well..." It won't hurt, anyway. I don't have anyone to turn to either. "Minhyuk oppa doesn't like me."

"That's it?" Taemin scrunches up his nose before rolling his eyes. "I thought you knew that all along?"

"Taemin.. should I give up on him? I don't want to let him go, but.."

"I totally understand." Taemin nods. "It . So are you asking me for my help right now?"

"Well if you can offer some help, I'm open to it." I giggle. Its Minhyuk's day off today, and there's only me and Taemin in the cafe since there's not much customers at this timing either. Taemin continues to spin the cup.

"Noona, I have plan A and plan B. Which one?"

"A."

"Confess to minhyuk hyung, maybe, just maybe he might accept you. You can ask him to give you a chance!" Taemin grins but my excitement drops at that suggestion.

"I don't think so, Taemin. I'm not ready to confess yet. I'm not ready for rejection."

"Don't fret, noona!" Taemin stops spinning the cup and gently places his palm on my cheek. "Plan B: Make him jealous? That guy who gave you the flowers, that guy who likes you, you can pretend to be developing a good relationship with him and yeah you know.. maybe hyuk hyung will get jealous."

"But tae, if minhyuk doesnt like me in the first place, why would he get jealous?"

"I think its worth a try."

"Well..." My face goes red at the thought of me pretending to like jonghyun. "Maybe."

"You are going to regret it if you don't do anything and lose minhyuk hyung, noona, your choice."

Sighing, I take the cup from him and touch the cool surface. "Let's stick with Plan B for now, then.. if all else fails, i guess i'll try plan A."

~*~

2 more minutes till I knock off. And when I knock off, I'm going to grab my car keys and drive to a particular cafe. I just want to see her. I don't know why.

5:59PM. One more minute.

My phone starts vibrating at that moment and I answer it grumpily, wondering how interrupted my daily count-down.

"Hello?"

"Yah, hippo."

Eyes widening in surprise, I look at the caller ID before gulping.

"Yes?"

"Are you free now?"

6:00PM.

"Yes!" Grabbing my brief-case, I off the lights in my office as I begin to make my way out of the building. "What do you want?"

"Erm.." She hesitates. "Can you come over and pick me up today?"

"Wh - what?!"

"Its okay if you dont want to, i'm just asking!" Jinsun sounds offended over the phone as I groan quietly, realizing my mistake.

"I don't mean it that way, I'll come over right now!" I promise and hang up, checking my reflection in the mirror in the lift before jogging over to my car, careful not to mess up my fringe. Its weird, really, she usually acts like she can't even stand my presence. I've just been.. longing to see her after recovering. I arrive at the cafe quickly because I've been speeding, and I see her waiting outside alone, her eyes fixed on the ground.

Opening the door, a smile creeps on my face as I wave her over.

"Thanks for coming." She says coldly, not even offering a smile as she gets in beside me. Frowning, i turn off the radio.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Drive me home."

She's upset, duh. Over what, I don't know, but in a way I feel flattered that i'm the one she calls when she's upset. To rid the silence, I turn on the radio again, glancing at her every now and then only to find her concentration on the beautiful city outside the window. Just like that, we don't say anything until we reach her house.

"Thanks." Jinsun cracks a smile only now. A slight smile that doesn't even reach her eyes as she reaches out to open the door, and then stops. "Actually, I don't feel like going home."

"Me neither." I admit. 

"Are you in the mood for going out?"

I'm not, actually. But well... "Sure."

"I want to go ice-skating."

... Ice-skating is one thing I hate. But looking at her hopeful face, I just nod as I step on the pedal again. "Ice-skating then."

~*~

I watch her fly across the ice, no seriously, she's very very fast, her hair flying freely as well as she giggles like a kid. 

"Come in here with me!" She shouts from all the way across, but I can't even bring myself to step into the ice-rink. You know why?

... Yeah. I can't skate.

Looking down at my skating shoes, I gulp nervously before rubbing my gloved hands together and then step into the ice-rink, holding onto the railings desperately, hoping i won't fall. She skates over to me. Its fortunate that there isn't many people today, or it would be completely embarrassing that kids skate better than me.

"You can't skate, right?" She teases, and my face goes red.

"I cant."

"I'll teach you!" She offers before extending an arm out to me. When I just stare at it, surprised, she takes the initative to take my hand as she pulls me forward, herself skating backwards.

"See? It isnt all that scary."

My face is wet with sweat as I imitate her leg movement, right, left, right, left, right, left, almost forgetting I'm holding both of her hands just like that as she guides me one round around the ice-rink. Then at the starting point, she lets go of my hands and I frown at the absence of her hands that acted like my guide. Like a blind man who needed his dog.

"Try it yourself. I'll be beside you the entire time so you dont have to worry." She assures as I clench my fists, the nervousness rushing in again without her hands. Right, left, right, left...

"Is this your first time?"

"Nah." I laugh a little, feeling more relaxed. "Second. But the first time I came, I quit the moment I fell down."

"Oh.. do you want to learn the fast or slow way?" 

"Fast, of course!"

Jinsun grins before she takes my left hand. For a moment i thought she was going to hold it again, making my face go hot but then she pulls off the glove and skates away quickly, waving it at me.

"Catch me if you can! I bet you can't, though!"

Looking down at the ice that doesn't look like it will be easy on me if I fall, I look at her figure. She's skating backwards again, her chin tilted defiantly as i raise my brows at her arrogance.

"Jinsun?" I call out, loud enough for her to hear me.

"Yes?"

"You know what happens when you tease a dragon?" I ask calmly, but then she shrugs in confusion. "You get burnt." And with that, I take off, skating as quickly as i could towards her, trying not to think about losing my balance and instead just thinking of the glove in her hand. She didn't move, frozen and stunned as I get nearer and nearer to her until I realized I was in trouble.

You see, I learnt how to skate super fast.

... but i didn't learn how to stop.

With that I crashed into her, the both of us sliding a good distance across the ice and although I was hurting too, my first reaction was to crawl on all fours towards her. At least I'm wearing covered pants, but she's not. It will hurt her more, and not to mention it was all me being rash.

"Are you okay?" I whimper, praying she wont be mad but she looks up at me with the biggest smile I've seen on her.

"You learned how to skate."

Furrowing my brows, I nodded. "Uh.. yeah, i guess."

Although I should be the one feeling happy that i've learned how to skate, but she looks so much happier than I am, and that itself brought me nothing but pure bliss as I smile back at her.

Maybe we could be friends after all. Or something more.