Chapter 3

THE EXO DIARIES: "Vexed Lover"

Dear diary,

Today she smiled at me when I told her I liked her dress.

It was really pretty. The most amazing smile I've ever seen.

I wanna see it everyday for the rest of my life.

I wonder if she'd let me...

 

***

No one's POV

 

Exo arrived at their dorm at around 5 p.m. Everyone was so exhausted that each member dropped dead on their beds instantly.

 

Everyone, except Kris. He told their manager that he had to send Mei Li to the hotel first and asked for their manager's car keys. He didn't want risk being seen driving their heavily-tinted black van by the fans.

 

Lay wanted to speak to him and ask him about Mei Li's sister but he couldn't find the courage to.

 

What if it's not her? He constantly thought to himself as he flipped right to left on his bed.

 

He couldn't seem to figure himself out. He wanted to know who Mei Li's sister was but was at the same time scared of asking.

 

In all honesty, he didn't want to face the big reality that could slap him cold in the face. She didn't want him anymore.

 

But deep inside him, he hoped and prayed that... she still did.

 

Lay's POV

 

"Ugh! Forget it! It's been what? 4 years? I should just forget about her..." The words that came out of my mouth didn't seem to sound right.

 

It was as if they were being forced to come out.

 

I picked my phone up and dialed Kris Ge's number. And before I changed my mind, he already picked up.

 

"Hello?" Mei Li's voice chimmed in.

 

I was shocked at first and remembered that the little girl was with him.

 

"Hey, Mei Li. This is Lay Da Ge," I said sweetly though my insides were starting to get messed up from thinking about her.

 

"Da Gege!" Mei Li squealed on the other line and giggled.

 

"Kris Da Ge can't come on the phone right now. He's driving," she told me.

 

"Oh...okay," I simply answered. I didn't even know what I was going to tell him.

 

"Do you want me to tell him what you're gonna say?" she reckoned.

 

"Uh... Well... where are you heading?" I face palmed myself thinking of how stupid that question sounded.

 

"We're heading to ***** Hotel. It's pretty near now I think. Kris Da Ge told me so." She said as I heard some horns being blown, presuming that there was traffic.

 

"Oh, is that so? Well, what room are you staying at?" he asked hoping that the kid remembered it.

 

"We're staying at room..." Before Mei Li  could finish answering, someone took the phone away.

 

"Why did you suddenly want to know Mei Li's room number?" Kris' voice came in.

 

I flinched at Kris' deep voice. "Nothing. Just curious" I answered as calm as possible.

 

"Okay. Well, gotta go now. I'm pulling up. I'm coming home as soon as I drop Mei Li off. Bye." And just like that, he hung up.

 

"Damn it!"' I cursed as I thought of how close I was to knowing whether the girl I was thinking of was really Mei Li's sister.

 

I stood up from my bed and started pacing back and forth in the room as I thought of another way to find out.

 

Just then, the door slammed open and Chanyeol came in.

 

"Hyung! Can I sleep here? Since Kris hyung isn't home yet, can I stay on his bed? Baekhyun hyung's really being so noisy!" Then he dropped himself on the bed, which was mine.

 

I sighed deeply and let him be. I went out to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of milk.

 

Since I couldn't calm myself down with it, I decided to watch t.v instead but there really wasn't anything interesting on so I switched it off soon enough.

 

Trying to distract myself, I tried to play computer games but I always ended up losing so I gave that one up as well.

 

Just then an idea came to me. Though it wasn't the nicest, most honest thing to do, I couldn't think of anything else that might ease my anxiety.

 

I went back to our room and got something from the drawer. Kris ge's drawer.

 

Our leader always had a notebook with him. There, I was pretty sure he wrote every single thing that happened in his life.

 

And since he said Mei Li's sister was a special friend, then probably he would've written her name on his 'diary' as I like to call it, right?

 

I prayed to God to forgive me for what I was about to do before I cracked the notebook open.

 

The notebook was pretty organized. It had the name of the owner at the bottom of the first page and just above it said: 

 

THIS IS A PRIVATE PROPERTY. DO NOT OPEN, UNLESS GIVEN THE PERMISSION TO. RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S PRIVACY IF YOU WANT THEM TO RESPECT YOURS.

 

Guilt suddenly washed over me as every word written there hit me hard.

 

I thought twice about reading the diary. And decided that maybe it was best to leave it alone. Besides, I didn't want Kris Gege's wrath be upon me. NO ONE DOES. Every one sane individual who loved his life wouldn't want to risk being castrated and butchered into millions of pieces and then get fed to vultures by THE Kris Wu.

 

So I ended up lying down on my bed staring at the ceiling while trying to think of other things rather than her.

 

I sighed in defeat, and just closed my eyes as I willed myself to sleep.

 

A few minutes passed and I was about to fall asleep when I heard the door beep. Kris Gege was home.

 

I debated on whether to get up or just continue sleeping until I heard that familiar voice...

 

"Kids, get up! I want you to meet someone!" Kris' voice resonated around the whole dorm.

 

__________________________________________________________

 

 

Dear readers

Okay, so I'm about to introduce you/her soon. :)

I hope you guys like how it's flowing so far.

Don't worry. It's gonna contain about 40-45 chapters. Which means, plenty of events for each member. And obviosuly, the interrelated story here would be Kris's (i think that's right. We learned it in English today. haha) :)