Cookies 2

Counting down cookies

"____, wake up!" early in the morning someone woke you up from your sleep. It was Sunggyu. "Wake up! We're going to the amusement park today!" he cheered excitedly, "What?" you sat up straight, hearing the name of the place you dreaded going to the most, "Amusement park~" Sunggyu sang as he looked at himself in the mirror, "No! We can't go there!" you complained, Sunggyu came over to you, "I know you're scared. But this is the last time I can go there with you." he said, than it hit you. The last time. "Fine. I'll go. Wait for me while I change." you pushed him out of your room and sat on your bed after he was out.

Tears dropped down again, '____, stop being so weak. Sunggyu is okay. He's not going to leave you yet so stop crying.' you mentally scolded yourself. You wiped off your tears and got dressed. You glanced at the bottle of cookies on your dressing table. Today was the last day.

"Are you ready?" Sunggyu called from outside, he was getting impatient, he always wanted to go to the amusement park with you but because of your fear, he always would change his mind and go somewhere else for your dates. You knew it was his wish to go to the amusement park with the one he loves and now he was going to... die, you didn't want to disappoint him.

You came out wearing this: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3-yo4q9wHEiCJCbEpkS9 Sunggyu : images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtBYSg3PVBnMOqJ6NHkmr

"Let's go!" Sunggyu came and took your hand, leading you out of the door. "_____-ah, the weather is so good today." Sunggyu said as his hand went over your waist and pulled you closer to him, you smiled sweetly at his action. You wished that you could stay like and walked side by side with him everyday.

"Let's go take the rollercoaster!" Sunggyu exclaimed excitedly, you looked at him wide eyed, "Are you serious?" you asked him while your eyes moved over to the rollercoaster which was moving with the speed of light in your sense. Sunggyu nodded his head enthusiastically, "Can we don't?" you pleaded, "Nope." he said and pilled you towards the queue of the ride.

Soon, you and Sunggyu were both seating on the rollercoaster. The workers walked around checking the safety belts for all of you and then he walked off to the side platform. "I'm dead." you said to Sunggyu when you felt the machine roared and started to move. As the rollercoaster moved higher and higher, the sicker you felt, then suddenly, the rollercoaster went down.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" you screamed at the top of your voice. You grabbed on tightly to Sunggyu's hand and his fingers intertwined with yours. After the ride ended, your face was drained of colour. "Was it that scary?" he asked, laughing at your expression, "I kinda love it." he admitted, you looked at him with the are-you-joking look and than you puked in to the plastic bag again. "Wait here. I'll go get drinks." he said and ran in to the crowd before you even got the chance to stop him.

After a while, he came running back to you, "Drink this. They said it's good for someone who is scared of rollercoaster." he joked, you smacked his chest lightly and he chuckled, but he stopped and the smile on his face was wiped off, he held his head and he frowned. "Sunggyu, are you okay?" you got anxious, he nodded, "I just need a rest." he smiled, you knew he wasn't okay. You knew he was lying but you let him lied.

"I want to play that ride!" Sunggyu pointed to the pirate ship, you once again shook your head. "Please? The last one." he pleaded, you don't know what has gottn in to you but you agreed. And you regretted it once you got in to the ship. "I want to get down." you told Sunggyu, "Don't be afraid, hold on to me tightly if you're scared." Sunggyu told you as he took your arms and wrapped it around his body.

Halfway through the ride, Sunggyu took a picture of both of you. After the ride you got down and took a look at the picture he taken. You were hugging him ever so tightly as if you will just fall out if you let go. "How I wished you can hug me like this forever." Sunggyu said as he looked at the you lovingly. You kept the picture and hugged his waist. "I won't let go even if you want to." you told him cheekily, "Are, you going to clung to me like this?" he asked with a grin, "Nae!" you answered and both of you laughed as you both stumbled and had troubles walking straightly earning looks from others. 

After the two scary rides, Sunggyu decided not to torture you anymore and you guys proceeded to the booth games. "Which one do you want?" Sunggyu asked you as he pointed at the rows of bears. "I want... That one!" you pointed to a white bear with 'I love you' sewed on it's stomach. Sunggyu nodded and paid. He was one damn accurate shooter, he shot every balloon and easily won the bear for you.

"I didn't know you could shoot so well." you said while hugging the bear in one hand and another one holding his hand. "I came here and practiced." he said, you stopped walking, "You came here and practice?" you asked him, he nodded. "But it was only one time. I came with Woohyun and a bunch of friends." he unconsciously told the truth, "You lied. You played on your own. You didn't practice!" you caught him, "I got caught didn't I?" he asked and laughed, "I was still being touched! Yah!" you scolded as he ran away from you. 

Then you realized, he wasn't running away from you. He was running to the washroom. You stood outside the gents and waited for him. After a long time, you got worried and impatient, "Sunggyu? Are you okay?" you shouted in to the washroom. You peep inside and saw that there was no man inside, you walked in and found Sunggyu leaning against the wall weakly and panting heavily. He just vomited. It was blood. You could see the smudged blood trail beside his lips even after he tried to wipe it.

Placing your bear on a clean spot, you walked over to him and took the tissue beside him. Both of you kept quiet as you wiped his mouth for him. You couldn't hold your tears anymore, as you cleaned his face, the tears came out without any warning. Sunggyu weakly lifted his hand and wiped away your tears, "Don't cry. It was supposed to be a happy day." he said weakly and managed to force a smile.

You nodded and quickly rinsed your face with the cold water and helped him to stand. "Let's go home, okay?" you asked him, he shook his head, "One last ride." he said and pointed to the Ferris wheel. Not being able to say no to him, both of you got on the Ferris wheel. He sat beside you with his head resting on your shoulders. 

You knew he was crying silently because you felt your shirt getting wet. You didn't say anything but sat there and let him cry. "Sunggyu, I'll play with you all the rides again next time." you said, "Really?" his voice was hoarse, "Yes. When you get well, we shall ride every ride a hundred times, ride it till we got sick of it, till we swear we would not ride it again." you told him, you used your hand to wipe away your own tears, while another hand was still holding his hand.

"Sunggyu-ah," you called, "Hmm?" he asked, you could hear he was tired from his voice. "What shall we do tomorrow?" you asked, "Let me think..." he said slowly, even talking seems to be a chore to him now, "We baked cookies, we went ice-skating, we made ice-cream, we had a movie marathon, we had a cooking competition which I lost," he chuckled a bit and continued, "we also had a one day trip to Jeju island and today we came here. We shall have a game marathon tomorrow." he said.

You nodded and dapped your face with your sleeves again, the tears was rolling down but you didn't want Sunggyu to know you're crying.

After the ride, you and Sunggyu slowly walked out of the amusement park and went to the empty field beside the park. You sat down and he lay his head on your lap. "Sunggyu, are you cold?" you asked, seeing him shaking a little, he nodded, you took out a sweater from your backpack and covered it on top of him. 

"_____-ah, when I'm gone, you got to be strong you know?" Sunggyu told you. "You won't go. You'll stay by my side and protect me." you choked, trying to hold in your tears. "____-ah, can you call me oppa?" he asks weakly, "Oppa. Sunggyu oppa." you called, "____-ah, there isn't any stars in the sky today." he said as he looked at the sky through the small eyes, suddenly, something shot passed the sky, it was a shooting star, you quickly closed your eyes, and Sunggyu did the same. 

After a while, he asked you, "What did you wished for?", "Me? I wished that oppa will protect me forever." you said, you tilt your heads backwards to prevent the tears from falling down. But the tears dropped on his forehead before you could stop it, "Is it raining?" he asked, "Yes." you sobbed quietly, he knew you were crying. 

"____-ah, did you know what I wished for?" Sunggyu asked weakly while looking at you, you shook your head and tried your best to smile at him with your teary eyes, "I wished that we could be together forever." he said, that instant, your tears dropped, it was unstoppable, "W-we w-will be to-g-gether forever." you said as you cried, "____-ah, I'm cold. Can you hug me?" he asked, you hugged him in your arms like he was a baby.

"Oppa, the stars are coming out." you said, Sunggyu nodded slightly, "____-ah, I love you." he said, you knew what was coming, you held his hand and he also held your hand tightly, "Oppa, I love you too. I love you so much." you told him as you pulled him even closer to you. He smiled at you and his eyes slowly closed, "Oppa, no. Don't go. Don't leave me alone." you pleaded like a baby, crying non-stop, "You won't be alone," he said, more like a whisper, "If you feel lonely, look at to the sky. The one shining the brightest will be me. If you're afraid, find Woohyun. H-he promised me... to take care of you. I love you." he gasped for air.

Then the hand that was holding on to yours dropped on to the ground. "Oppa! Oppa!" you shook him, but he didn't respond. He was gone. The smile he had on his face hasn't disappear.

After his funeral, you came back to your house. Every part of the house was filled of memories with him. His scent and his laughter. You went back to your room. Something that was beside your bed caught your eye. You went over and saw a letter and the cookies. You sat down on your bed as you read the letter. You recognized that handwriting, it was Sunggyu. Tears started to form again as you read the first sentence, you almost feel that it was actually Sunggyu reading it to you.

'____-ah, by the time you are reading this letter, I must have disappeared from your life. When I first knew I would die, I didn't know how to break the news to you. Crying was the last thing I wanted to see you do. I know you love me alot. I love you more than you can ever imagine. Remember the time when you sprained your leg? I actually wished it was me because I couldn't bear to see you in pain. Silly me. ____, if you ever feel lonely, find the brightest star, I'll be there for you. If you have any problems, feel free to go to Woohyun, he loves you like his sister. I couldn't bear to eat the cookies we baked. But I'm sure it will taste nice. ____-ah, you have to be strong arraso? Oppa won't be able to protect you anymore. Mianhe. I really wished I could stay with you till our hair turns grey in the photo but I can't. Be a strong girl. Oppa loves you.' Sunggyu

You broke down and wailed loudly in your room. "Sunggyu oppa!" you cried, Woohyun heard you and came running in, he saw you crying and went over to hug you. "Shh..." he comforted, "Sunggyu won't be happy to see you this way..." Woohyun choked out, he wasn't having the best either, his best buddy left him. The only one whom he could pour his hearts out to has gone. "Oppa..." you cried, Woohyun patted on your head.

From then on, whoever came to your house and saw the bottle with only 2 cookies and 7 cookies, they will ask you what is that, "The 2 is the best cookies made ever, while the one with 7 cookies are my countdown cookies." you would answer, you wouldn't forget that 9 cookies.

My first ever angst fanfic! Hope you guys enjoyed. I cried when Sunggyu was dying. If you guys didn't feel sad, I fail as a angst writer :(

Please give me comments!! :D