I get butterflies

Nicotine, Caffeine, Saccharine

 

 

Nicotine, caffeine, saccharine.

Sweet, addicting and dangerous. Pretty much the same as the play of emotions I have whenever I see her. I lift my head and peek with one eye open to find myself sprawled on the studio’s desk once more, neck threatening to break in half with my head nearly splitting in two. Despite the many failed attempts of emptying the vending machine of the coffee it has to offer, it’s bland cup of steaming joe did a half assed job on keeping me awake. As soon as the caffeine wore off, I found myself dozing off as well. Well that was before my noona here, who’s actually still lulled in deep sleep, decided to join me in my attempt t over work my self. I would have stayed up all night fixing the lyrics, digging into my head for inspiration but my attention reeled to somewhere else by the moment I was graced with her presence. She sure is something-- that I can tell.

Now I sit here, watch her as she’s drifting from her sleep and I just had to smile a little wanting to pinch her out of sleep. But I can’t do that now, can I? I’d be rude not to mention unreasonable. And it’s Bom—my noona. I can’t just touch her out of nowhere without her permission. I’d love to… but it’s ethically wrong in many ways. Or maybe I’m just envious. She can actually sleep like a log without giving a about what’s around her or the bustling of employees, shoes shuffling here and there once the clock strikes seven. There’s just something about her that kept me subconsciously pulled in. Much like gravity… but maybe far stronger than that. I’d like to believe this feeling is anything but normal. Believe me, I try to be level headed with my YG family members keeping it in mind that we are in an actual work environment. But with her it’s just a whole different story.

It’s four in the morning now. I believe I was here since seven yesterday. In the morning too, if you may ask. Now tell me I’m not hard core. Although I feel a great sense of responsibility (and pressure) from my group and as well as my own career, I like it that way. Consider me a sadist if you please.

“Were you watching me just now?” Startling the out of me (too much caffeine perhaps), I immediately shifted my gaze on the table’s surface filled with last night’s creative juices. It was a huge mess with papers haphazardly ripped from my lyrics sheets to a stack of neat ones with my scribbling front and back.

“Maybe.” My nonchalant tone sends her chuckling for no reason. I recalled last night’s conversations and smiled to myself remembering how noona decided to run away from another session with trainer Hwangssabu. Was around six pm when somebody came barging in and I found myself astounded seeing her catching her breath and telling me that the safest place to hide was here in this studio. Maybe she wasn’t so right about that though. I let her in anyway, allowing her to treat my own sanctuary as her temporary nest. I didn’t mind another foreign body in the room, she wasn’t foreign to me to begin with. But it gave me some sort of a tingle in my spine knowing she felt safe with my company. I must be a trustworthy man after all.

“I’m hungry. Let’s eat before you decide to drown yourself with work again, Mr. I’m-Too-Busy-for-My-Own-Good.”I Ishake my thoughts away, gesture to stand up and straighten my already crinkled sweater before walking towards the door.

“Anything in mind?”I ask. Food has always been her dexterity if not her obsession. I gotta give it to her, I suppose.

“Anything is fine.”And she’s not fickle-- which was good.

Pulling the door before her, I slip past it as I followed her two or three steps behind. She turns to me, flashes that same giddy smile she always does and turns back to walk down the dimmed hall. I grip on the jacket slung over my shoulder a little tighter and decide against myself if I should drape it around her frail frame considering the freezing temperature outside.

“I would suggest coffee but that would instantly send you to the hospital from overconsumption. So how about something less dangerous instead?” Less dangerous. She laughs, her eyes forming into tiny crescents as she throws her head back a little.

“As long as you get your food fix, I’m fine. Hungry Bom is Cranky Bom… and we don’t want that now, do we?”

We were right outside the building, the streets bare from the bustling crowd or the hum of engines driving past the pavement. From the corner of my eye I saw her shiver. I hesitated at first but did it anyway. Jacket in hand, I draped it around her shoulder slightly feeling the softness of her long red locks as my arm brushes past it.

“Thanks.” She mumbled coyly and I just shrugged. Gentlemen don’t keep ladies out in the cold like that. We walk a few steps in silence, our arms brushing past each other as we walk side by side. The distance between us was merely an inch and somehow, I like the feel of it. Scratching the corner of my eye, I stifled a yawn hoping that my desire for sleep or lack thereof wouldn’t show. It is during these moments that I wished sleep never existed. Maybe I’m indulging in her presence too much. Then again, it couldn’t be that bad now, could it?

 

“Uh, noona?”My eyes fixed on nothing but my shoes.

“Yeah?” She lands her gaze back to me and the mere sound of her voice makes me utterly nervous for no apparent reason. It has always been like this. I was confused first, intrigued second. My only way of coping was teasing her and hopefully it covers up what needs to be kept within me alone.

 

“I --um, well…” I run a hand along my unkempt hair, take a moment to filter the words that might come out of my mouth and hopefully not end up making a fool out of myself. I have an image to protect, to put it simply. Well, hell, like she cares about that tiny detail at all.

“Is our Kwon Jiyong stuttering right now?” Another smile tugged from the side of her lips and my mind completely went blank. I used to be so spontaneous with expressing myself. I wonder when did this consciousness start…

“Nothing. Nevermind…” Trying to keep my heart settled within my chest, we chose to fulfill our long craving for street food. It’s incredibly early and the hawker stalls are lined up at their usual spot here in one of the alleys of Mapo-Gu.

 

I settled myself with a steaming serving of the usual ddeokbokki and found her ordering a stick of her favourite roasted corn and some kimbap. She probably owns a man’s stomach eating twice the amount of what I have right now. I find it amusing though. She never gave a about what goes in much like what others say about her and her weight.

My mouth hangs open as I watch her dive into her food like she wasn’t fed for decades. The fish cake I was trying to cut in half with my teeth has now dropped back to my plate with a plop, all thanks to gravity and Park Bom’s unusual eating habits.

“Noona, there’s something on your—here let me wipe it off…” Tugging the end of my navy sweater’s sleeve to the heel of my palm, I rub the stain off of the side of her lips as she stares to nothingness like a five year old kid being fed by her mother. Cute. Too cute.

“Thanks. GD is always the best! How do I live without you, huh?” I laugh and she follows. My plate is now half empty and from the corner of my eye, I believe it’s not too long before she finishes hers.

“So this song of yours… what’s it called?” She turns to me and suddenly I felt shy. Everybody has been very supportive of me knowing that a solo album is coming up. Youngbae is also busy doing his and I rarely get the chance to ask for advice from my closest friend. But I guess it also better that way since I get to have Bom sit with me at this ungodly hour and just talk and be human. It’s all good…

“Butterfly.” I mumble as I reach for the bill.

She whispers and repeats the same word twice, eyes blinking each time the word rolls out of her tongue.

“Butterfly…” She trails. I lean forward and rest my head on my palm as I wait for her response.

“I like the sound of it.” She finishes and gestures for us to stand up. We lift the tarpaulin that served as the cheap entrance to the hawker tent and walked past the tiny outdoor tables resting on both sides of the stall.

“I can’t seem to find the words for the song…” My words suddenly bursting out without permission…

“You’ll find your way to it soon. Besides, you’re G-Dragon. That itself is enough. You never run out of inspirations. I want to hear it once it’s done, arasso?”

 Never runs out of inspirations... I nod, walk by her right side as we cross a street as soon as the light turned green. I try to resist the urge to show her all the things I have written because of her and for her. I’m hesitant or probably much more scared as that if that day comes, reality might end all this indulgence all at once. I shake the thought away as she tells me that she needed to get back to the dorm before CL finds out she’s not in bed. I smile at her and offer to walk her home but she insisted on doing a little ‘jog’ to make up for what she just ate. With that we began to take opposite directions and I hear her call out,

“See ya later! And seriously, Jiyong. Get some decent sleep!” She cares. She waves energetically and I wave back. Tucking my hands to my jean’s pockets, I dig for my lighter and headed for the studio once more.

 

Puffing my last ring of smoke, I flicked my cigarette and entered the building I considered as my second home. Nicotine, caffeine, saccharine. I can have too much of them combined, but then again, never enough of her—never enough of Bom Park.

Resuming back to my pile of unfinished work, I started to write:

 

Everytime I come close to you,

I feel like I’m gonna dream everytime

I get butterflies…

 

-------------------- 

 

A/N

So yep, the setting for this one was before his solo album came out. There's like tons of Butterfly  fics out there, I guess that makes it plus one. 

JIYONG's POV is hard to write... because he is so damn perfect!

I wonder if I should write a counter POV with Bom in it? 

Comments will be appreciated~