The End

That Promise

(PART II)

 

*phone rings*

 

“Suho-sshi?” ask the person on the phone.

 

“Yes, who’s this?”

 

“My name is Jung-Ha. I’m from the Seoul Police Station. I’m here to inform you that we’ve already found Baekhyun’s location. I hope you can come the police station as soon as possible.”

 

“Yes. I totally understand that.”

 

Suho tells the members about the phone call. And they get ready to go. Chanyeol just listen to Suho and thinking about what will happen to Baekhyun. They all left their homes.
 

They arrive at a location that does not know where they are. They can feel the anxious moments before Baekhyun being kidnapped and forced into an old house nearby. Police inspector EXO advice to all members not to approach the cross-border marked by the police.
 

They waited, patiently about Baekhyun & they still, worry about it. Chanyeol seem more distress than the other EXO members. Chanyeol who can’t stand to wait, he ran into the house. The members of EXO & police officers nearby mean to stop Chanyeol but failed to prevent.


Chanyeol successfully broke in into the house and walked slowly. Suddenly, he heard the voice of a person as being sobbing of crying. Chanyeol just follow the voice.

 

And he found Baekhyun who sat on a chair, he is tied hand & foot & his mouth covered with a cloth. Chanyeol ran towards Baekhyun to save it.


EXO members agitated when Chanyeol enter into the house. They just pray that nothing will happen to them. Police prepare to enter into the house.

 

Interval of 2 minutes, the rescue team has successfully entered the house and to find both Chanyeol & Baekhyun in the house.


Once Baekhyun’s done open the bond, the two of them hugged tightly. Baekhyun release his kiss on Chanyeol’s soft, warm lips & Chanyeol reply back, said, "Baekhyun! I miss you, during your absence; I couldn’t sleep because I’ve keep thinking about you”

 

Baekhyun just smile & pinched Chanyeol’s cheek & said," Chanyeol-ah! I miss you more. While I was here, I don’t feel safe at all. "
 

During their conversation, they didn’t realize that the kidnapper is watching their movements.

 

The kidnapper of expression, "Love is something that cannot be expressed with sweet words, isn’t it?!"

 

Chanyeol & Baekhyun shocked when they heard the voice. They were both stunned.
 

The old house, have made the rescue team lost their train of thoughts when they are in the house. The old house just filled with many rooms just perfect to lose their directions quickly.
 

"But now, I don’t believe in love. Because I used to be cheated by my lover.”Said the kidnapper.

 

Chanyeol that in bold and in the same time is afraid, said, "So, why did you kidnap my Baekhyun?!"

 

The kidnapper just grin with evil face and said, "Because I just want to test if it is a true love or just an act in between both of you."

 

Chanyeol & Baekhyun look towards each other in fear.


The kidnapper took out his pistol from his back pocket & aims it towards Baekhyun. Chanyeol decided to fight, but he lost.

 

Chanyeol suffered severely from the fighting that had weakened him to move. However, Chanyeol strengthened himself to save Baekhyun.


Baekhyun began to say to the kidnappers with anger, "If you want to kill me, kill then. If you want to shoot me, shoot me then. As long as you don’t hurt or touch my Chanyeol”

 

Tears from Chanyeol’s eyes eventually dropped from listening to Baekhyun. Chanyeol was touched.


The kidnapper seems doesn’t satisfied of what he just heard from Baekhyun. He pulled the trigger & aims it towards Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol start to get up & he see that Baekhyun already closing his eyes for the shots from the kidnapper. And, Chanyeol manage to get up & block the shot.


*BANG!* And Baekhyun open his eyes & shock when he looks at Chanyeol.

 

"CHANYEOL! Nooo!" Baekhyun see Chanyeol fell to the floor.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t see any movement muscle in his body right after he see Chanyeol fell hard on the floor.


The kidnapper regret & he was shocked by Chanyeol’s attitude by not give up on his true love towards Baekhyun. The shot hit right on Chanyeol’s chest. Baekhyun tears start to fall & Baekhyun placed Chanyeol on his lap.

 

"Chanyeol, why?! Why …. Why did you block that shot?"

 

"I block shots because I love you Baekhyun. I deeply fall in love with you. "


The rescue team immediately went upstairs when they heard gunshot and they found Chanyeol & Baekhyun in the room & they see that the kidnapper was kneeling at the end of the room with disappointment face.

 

EXO members were in their beyond shocked when they heard the gunshot.


Baekhyun tears fell into the cheek Chanyeol. Chanyeol raise his hand slowly & wipe away Baekhyun tears softly.

 

Chanyeol said to Baekhyun while he held Baekhyun hands tightly, "Baekhyun, I want you to be happy when I’m gone ..."

 

Baekhyun interjected quickly, "Hey, don’t you dare talk like that. You will never die. You will live with me, together. You will never leave me. "

 

Chanyeol continued," I want you to know that I will always be with you even though I will go. I will be here. “Said Chanyeol while pats Baekhyun’s chest in weak.

 

"Chanyeol, I accompanied you. But promise me, do not leave me."

 

Chanyeol in suffering said," Its time. I have to go. I will watch you & the others from up there. Take care of yourself and other. Goodbye, Baekhyunnie and ….. Baekhyun ….. I …… I love …… you. "

 

Baekhyun didn’t hesitate, he kissed that soft lips for the last time right after Chanyeol has finished.


Chanyeol’s condition didn’t hold him from kissing back Baekhyun warm lips. However, Chanyeol use his last chance by kiss Baekhyun for the last time.

 

Baekhyun who’s kissing in the sorrow felt Chanyeol’s body is no longer moves.


Baekhyun still can’t believe of what just happen.

 

"NOOOOO! Chanyeol-ah, why did you leave me? You already promised not to leave me. Why Chanyeol? WHY!"

 

Baekhyun place Chanyeol’s body on the floor slowly.
 

The crime scene investigators who were at the event, order to bring Chanyeol to the hospital for autopsy.

 

Baekhyun still in grief began to move out of the house with other two policemen. The kidnapper is arrested and brought to the nearest police station for questioning.


Baekhyun realize Suho and others is outside of the house, Baekhyun ran towards Suho & Suho asked, "Where Chanyeol? He is fine, right? "

 

Baekhyun wanted to respond Suho, but his prevent himself from talk and Chanyeol’s body stretchered out of the house at the same time. Suho just stood still when he sees 'Chanyeol' stretchered away.


Baekhyun hold his grief, while his tears dripping & he hugged Suho tightly. Suho in the same time shocked response, "Keep calm Baekhyun."

 

Baekhyun release his arms and closed his eyes for a moment to calm himself. Baekhyun was asked to go to the hospital for a full check on him to make sure he’s totally fine.

 

Baekhyun just follow behind one of the paramedics to the ambulance and left Suho & the members at the scene.

 

*****

 

At the hospital, doctors have confirmed that died Chanyeol shot in the chest. Shot that indirectly caused a lot of inner heart bleed & slows heartbeat.
 
Completion of comprehensive examination, Baekhyun memory still recalling with moments Chanyeol is been shot in front of his own. Baekhyun’s expression seems like he was not able to accept Chanyeol gone.

EXO members arrived at the hospital half an hour later. Suho ran to the counter to ask about Baekhyun.

 

Soon after that, Suho go to level 5 to find Baekhyun. EXO other members just waiting at the lobby with patience.

Suho find Baekhyun carefully. Baekhyun sitting in the waiting area outside the examination room as he bent looking at the floor. Tears streaming down his cheeks again reminded of the Chanyeol.

 

Suho walks towards Baekhyun. Suho sit next to Baekhyun and put his hand on the Baekhyun‘s shoulder & said, "What is past, is the past."

 

The doctor who treated earlier Baekhyun brings back a full report on the examination Baekhyun body.

"It seems you do not have any serious inner injuries, but I advise you to take a week to relax & don't do any activity that may burden yourself. You can go home." Said the doctor.

 

Baekhyun just nodded his head as sign on what is being said by the doctor.

Baekhyun receive the inspection report and walked towards the lift to the lobby with Suho. Suho persuaded Baekhyun not to grieve & remember about what happen to Chanyeol. Baekhyun succumb on the incident.

Other members who are in the lobby that still looks sad Baekhyun walking towards them with Suho. "Hyung, we are saddened too with what happened." Said Kai.

 

"Let us go home & relax." said Suho to all members of the EXO.

 

*****

 

Upon their arrival at home, they gathered for dinner. Baekhyun just looked at the empty chair next to him that used to sit by Chanyeol during meals.

 

"Eat. The food soon be cold & not good to be eat. "Said D.O that concerned about Baekhyun than Chanyeol.

Baekhyun can’t endure grief, and he walk quickly to his room leaving the other EXO in a deadlock.

 

"It's okay, I will talk to him. Even, I’m already full.” Said D.O to Suho. Suho smile & nod as understand.

D.O starts to walk to Baekhyun room. He twists the doorknobs and sees Baekhyun is still weeping grief towards Chanyeol. Baekhyun realizes D.O enters the room, said in sorrow, "He has promised me that he won’t leave me. But why? Why does he did left me?! "

D.O, who sat beside Baekhyun, saying, "He did this because he loves you. He wants you to live happily & not to suffer of pain if you’re alive from the shot!" The words from D.O wakes Baekhyun’s mind.

D.O asked, "If you have difficulty sleeping tonight, I can accompany you, if you want."

 

Baekhyun nodded & said, "Yeah. Its better you accompany me. Even, it could help me to reduce my sadness towards him. But I want to sleep in the living room today."

 

D.O smile as a sign of agreement. D.O hold Baekhyun’s hands and kiss on him forehead to ease his grief.

 

The clock on the wall has been appointed at 10:30 at night. Baekhyun yawning & say, "D.O-sshi, I'm sleepy?”

 

D.O just smile. Suho set both Sehun and Kai sleep with him for tonight. Kai agreed with the chairman.

D.O takes a pillow and sleeps next to the visible Baekhyun that sleeping peacefully. I his sleep, he dream again. Dream of meeting Chanyeol.

 

"Why are you crying?" Ask Chanyeol to Baekhyun. Baekhyun only see it in relief.

 

Then Chanyeol immediately response, "Baekhyun, don’t despair. I am always with you. But you just didn’t realize that."

 

Baekhyun can’t say anything than hugging Chanyeol tightly. In the arms, Baekhyun can feel every inch of Chanyeol’s body are true and Baekhyun, then, shed tears of joy.

 

 Baekhyun said, "Can we meet again? I missed you. Do not leave me."

 

Than Chanyeol smiled & said, "Maybe we can meet again. Take care of your health & other members. I must go now. Remember, I am always with you ..." Chanyeol then kissed Baekhyun’s lips. In their sweet kiss, Chanyeol can felt Baekhyun sadness towards him.

*****


Baekhyun opened his eyes and realized that its morning. Baekhyun began its move to the dining table to enjoy breakfast. "It seems hyung sleeps well last night" Sehun said with a smile. Baekhyun only reply with a smile.

 

After getting out of bed, Baekhyun feel enthusiastic to face the days to come. On that day, Baekhyun just do normal daily activities and with no further 'harassment' memory of Chanyeol.

 

*****

The sun sets out and the moon takes the place. Baekhyun not have any problem when it comes dinner. "Hyung, dinner is ready. Let eat? "Invite Sehun.

"Okay" said Baekhyun with his charmed smile.

 

"Hyung, do you want to accompany you tonight?" Ask D.O

 

"Hhhhmm ... I feel like I want to sleep alone tonight.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes.”

 

D.O only smile.

Baekhyun reject D.O’s offer politely as he wanted to enjoy his night alone accompanied Chanyeol dream. Baekhyun expresses everything to Chanyeol what he has overcome the absence of Chanyeol at his side.

Accurate clock on the wall show at 11 pm & it is time for members of the EXO go to bed. D.O and Suho go to Baekhyun to keep him in good condition and help him to sleep better.

 

"You certainly don’t need D.O to accompany you for tonight?" Ask Suho. Baekhyun shook.

 

"I actually do not mind if hyung doesn’t need me to accompany you tonight.” D.O said with the usual tone.

 

Baekhyun smiled, "Hyung, I’m fine sleeping alone. Can I go to sleep now?"

 

Suho and D.O leave Baekhyun with a sense of familiarity.

Baekhyun yawn. He pulls and covers himself with blankets moderate. Baekhyun closed his eyes and dream once more on Chanyeol, for the last time. But he hopes more.

 

"Chanyeol-ah! I want to tell you something!"Shouted Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol "fly" to Baekhyun with a charming smile. "Hello Baekhyun." Chanyeol greet Baekhyun. Baekhyun only smile.

 

"So what you tell me?" Ask Chanyeol.

 

"D.O has taken cared for me during your absence. He cares about me, a lot. But don’t misunderstand, I still love you. "

Chanyeol just smiled.”Yes, I know D.O will take care of you as possible as he could."

 

Baekhyun speechless with words from Chanyeol.

"Eh, why you say that?" Baekhyun response.

 

"While we are on the way to the location of your abduction, I was restless. D.O sat next to me, try to calm me. But, at that time I could expect that bad things will happen, just that I’m not sure that it will happen to me or you.... "

Baekhyun just listen quietly.

“I managed to told D.O to take care of you as best as possible when I gone."

 

Baekhyun’s tears wiped away by Chanyeol.

 

“And Baekhyun, I want you to know that I love you so much & forever.”

 

“I love you too, Chanyeol. Always & forever.”

 

 

[Dear Baekhyun, How are you today? Have you take you breakfast? I hope you’re doing find when I’m gone. Don’t worry about me; you just take care of yourselves and others. I know that you’ll miss a lot and I’ll try to visit you, often in your dream. Just remember that, I’m always in your heart no matter what happens and where you are. Your love, Chanyeol]