It Started Here ...

That Promise

(PART I)


"Chanyeol! Hurry up! "

"Wait a minute!"

"Chanyeol, you will company me to play, right?"

"Well, I’m ready. And, I will accompany you play with all my hearts content."

Baekhyun weekend activity is now accompanied Chanyeol. They are both more days, they are more compatible to be with. Baekhyun like to spend some leisure time at weekends to play on the playground.

"I challenge you to race with me to the playground. The person who late arrive, must treat either one of us ice-cream! "Baekhyun said cheerfully.

Chanyeol just nodded his head as a sign of agree.

"Ready ....... Set ….. Run! "Said Baekhyun.

Baekhyun starts to run with all his heart excitedly.

Chanyeol who is left behind just smiled at Baekhyun. Chanyeol actually faster than Baekhyun but he just gave in to see Baekhyun’s cute antics.

Baekhyun look back and see that massive distance of himself and Chanyeol and said, “Chanyeol, you have to treat me ice cream! You run very slowly. “

 

Chanyeol just smiled to Baekhyun.

"You just wait at the playground. I go to the store to buy ice cream “

"Okay."

Chanyeol change his 'path' to the store. As he arrived at the store, he immediately to the ice cream section. He chose strawberry flavor for Baekhyun and vanilla for himself. He brought ice cream to be paid at the counter.

"Do you want anything else, sir?" Ask the cashier.

Chanyeol just smiled toward the cashier.

"Kamsahamnida. Please come again. “

Chanyeol who is still smiling walking out of the shop. He seemed eager to give ice cream to his 'lover'.

Chanyeol brisk walk to the playground. He felt a little afraid if Baekhyun scold him for making
him wait.

Chanyeol arrived at the playground.

"BAEKHYUN!"

"CHANYEOL! So fast?! Wasn’t the shop is quite far from here? “

"I ran from the store to here, because… I … I don’t want you to worry about me."

Baekhyun just smiled and hugged Chanyeol without feeling ashamed of the public. Baekhyun began letting his arms and began to look into Chanyeol eyes. Chanyeol lean himself at Baekhyun and kissed on Baekhyun’s forehead. Baekhyun only smiled in embarrassment.

"Well, this is for you. Strawberry flavor. “


"Kamsahamnida."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol lean on each other under a shady tree at the playground while enjoying their ice cream.

 

After they finished eating their ice cream, Baekhyun playing happily. Chanyeol just follow Baekhyun from behind.

"Chanyeol, I want to play swing. Can I?"

"Of course you can. I have made a promise to you, right? That I will accompany you play with my hearts all out."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol only look at each other, smiling.

"Higher! Higher! Push me higher!"

"I don’t mind to push you higher but, I’m afraid that you’ll fall."

"Hey, I will never fall! In fact, I'm not a feather light and can be blown by the wind easily."

Baekhyun giggles.

 

"I'm still bored."

"We play merry-go-round, okay?"

"Okay."

Baekhyun stop the swing that still in motion and runs to merry-go-round. Without realizing, Baekhyun have tripped over a stone and fell hard to the ground.

Baekhyun pants torn at the knee .Chanyeol immediately runs towards Baekhyun.

"Are you okay, Baekhyunnie?"

"Ouch! Knee my knee.... is bleeding."

Chanyeol supports Baekhyun and bring it to the tree nearby.

"Wait here a moment. I’ll go to the store nearby to buy medicine."

Baekhyun only nod to understand in the pain. Chanyeol ran to the nearest pharmacy.

* You’ve got a message * you've got a message

Baekhyun reach out his cell phone and displayed on the screen 'The Rich Guy’.

'Baekhyun-ah, Chanyeol is with you, right? Don’t forget come back home before 8. "

"Yeap. Chanyeol is with me. I know, we’ll be back before eight. '

 

Baekhyun is typing on his phone screen.

 

Chanyeol is in the pharmacy searching the antiseptic and cotton. When he is finished searching, he quickly towards to the counter for payment. Chanyeol just pay without taking of even thinking about the balance from the cashier! Chanyeol doesn’t care about his money, but he is more concern about his Baekhyun.
 

*message sent


A suspicious person is watching Baekhyun from the back. That suspicious Individual had been observed Baekhyun and Chanyeol since they arrived at the park early this afternoon.

That suspicious individual is a kidnapper.

 

The suspicious individual issued take out and point his gun to Baekhyun.

"If you fight, you are dead."

 

Baekhyun is in freeze and shock.

 

“Hey what do you want from me?”

 

“Just follow what I said and you’ll be fine.”

 

Baekhyun feels something’s wrong about this guy. Baekhyun shout for help.

 

“HELP! HELP! There’s some maniac tying to threat me with his ‘gun’! HELP!”

 

*CLICK* “If you make anymore sounds, I’m sure that you’ll regret.”

 

The kidnapper puts his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder and takes him to a black van. Baekhyun left his hand phone on the bench without any hesitation and noticing from the kidnapper.

 

Chanyeol runs to the park and gets Baekhyun. And when he’s there, Baekhyun’s gone.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, where are you?”

 

No voice response. Chanyeol keep on saying out loud.

 

“Baekhyun, it’s not funny! Come out & don’t hide.”

 

Chanyeol still in confusing walks to the bench where the last place he sees him.

 

“Eh?! Where’s Baekhyun?!”

 

He looks closely at the bench, Baekhyun’s phone is there. Chanyeol is much more confusing than ever! The plastic bag that Chanyeol carries fell on the ground.  From that moment, Chanyeol’s mind start to notice every thing in his surrounding for any clues & he realise Baekhyun is kidnapped. Chanyeol starts to run if he could still chase the kidnapper.

 

It looks like the kidnapper has gone too far.

 

Chanyeol sighed. Chanyeol didn’t stop, yet he continue to run back home.

 

He arrives and called Suho.

 

“Hyung! Is Baekhyun home?” ask Chanyeol in tiredness.

 

“No. Wasn’t Baekhyun is with you?”

 

“I thought he’s at home cause I can’t find him anywhere at the park.”

 

Suho looks confuse.

 

“I don’t understand, Chanyeol. What happen at the park actually?”

“Well, we were playing. Baekhyun tripped over a stone and hit the ground hard. So, I went to the store nearby to buy some medication. When I come back from the store, he’s gone.”

 

EXO members start to gather.

 

“Wait, what do you mean he’s ‘gone’?”

 

“He’s not there! I only found his phone on the bench where the last place I saw him.”

 

Sehun starts to say “Okay, let’s just settle this. Maybe Baekhyun going somewhere and he accidently forget to tell you and he left his phone accidently?”

 

Suho and Chanyeol talk in the same time “With a wounded leg?! I don’t think so!”

 

“Yeah. You’re right. Maybe I should stop talking.”

 

“Let’s just wait. I bet he’ll be home later.”

 

*****

After few hours, waiting, Baekhyun still not at home. Chanyeol and Suho are more worried than other members.

 

“Hyung, just call the police. I’m extremely worried about him.”