Chapter One

The Dog and the Cat

"That's my crayon."

Five year old Kwon Yuri said, staring up at five year old Jung Yunho, who was in the midst of grabbing her blue crayon.

"So? We can share," He replied, starting to color his sky with the blue crayon.

"But you didn't ask!" She protested. "My mommy told me to always ask before borrowing something!"

 "My mommy told me to always get what I want, so that's what I'm doing. Stop being so whiny. I'm just using your crayon," Yunho answered nonchalantly.

Something inside of Yuri snapped. Whiny? Her? She swallowed her anger, remembering her mom's words, telling her not to hit anyone on the first day of school.

Suddenly, she felt a hand pressed up to her chest. Immediately, she let out a yelp and jumped out of her chair, her eyes widening.

"YOU!" She yelled, pointing at Yunho accusingly. "What do you think you're doing!?"

"Feeling your s," He stated, as if that were a completely normal thing for a five year old to say. "My dad told me to find a girlfriend out of my class. You're obviously not a candidate."

By now, everyone in the class was focused on the two of them.

"Wha..What!? You're crazy, aren't you!?" Yuri hissed. "What makes you think that that's okay!?"

"Don't worry about it. Like I said, you're not a candidate for my girlfriend. Too ugly. And flat. Even for a five year old..."

Too ugly.

And flat.

Even for a five year old...

Yuri let out a scream of fury, before pouncing on Yunho and beating the living daylights out of him. She pulled out a good handful of his hair and left a huge, red scratch on his cheek. It took the teacher AND the school nurse to pull Yuri off of him.

From that day on, Kwon Yuri and Jung Yunho were enemies.

They couldn't spend five minutes in the same room together. They would yell. Hit each other. Send each other glares. They made the people around them awkward.

Therefore, the two of them tried to stay away from each other. 

And it was that simple. At least until they reached the age of 17, it was.

[12 years later]

"Ah, Yuri!~ Yoong's hungry! Buy me french fries! Yoong wants to eat french fries!"

"Eh, Sunny Bunny is hungrier! Yul, buy me food! Pwease!"

"Oh my lord," Yuri groaned, pretending to throw up. "I don't think my stomach can take this anymore. You guys are so gross. Do you really have to have aegyo battles while I'm eating?"

"Well, we have to decide the winner some way," Sunny remarked. "It'd be weird for us to do aegyo to Seohyun, since she's younger than us, so all we have is you. You're the judge for our aegyo battles."

"What's the point of these battles anyway? It doesn't change the fact that both of you are annoying as hell," Yuri commented, taking a large bite out of her cheeseburger.

"Hey! That's harsh, Yul!" Yoona joked. "Well, there can be only be one aegyo queen and it definitely isn't gonna be Sunny."

"You mean, Sunkyu," Yuri teased.

"YAH! Kwon Yuri!" Sunny yelled. "Don't bring up my real name! At school, I'm Sunny. Lee Sunny!"

Yoona rolled her eyes. "You're Lee Sunny at school AND in front of guys. Oh, you boy crazy Sunkyu."

"Like I said before, Sunny," Sunny hissed with a scowl. "And I am not boy crazy. I haven't gone out with a single boy since Joong Ki-sunbae!"

"I saw you on a date with Minho last week," Yuri reminded her.

"And the week before that, it was a date with Seulong," Yoona added.

Sunny pouted. "Are you guys really my friends? Ugh, fine! Yes, I did go out with them, but it was just one date! They didn't fit my expectations. Minho kept talking about sports and Seulong was awkwardly quiet."

"You have high expectations. If you have guys as good looking as Minho and Seulong willing to go on dates with you, you should be grateful," Yoona replied.

"Says, Im Yoona, who basically gets asked out everyday by plenty of decent guys, yet never is willing to even go on a date with them," Yuri shot back. "Admit it. Just like Sunny, you want to be in a relationship, but with someone who's a perfect Prince Charming."

Yoona shot a glare at her.

"Yeah, Kwon Yuri! You're on my side!" Sunny cheered, taking a bite out of her own sandwich.

"Lies," Yuri denied. "I'm on no one's side. In my opinion, both of you are stupid. We're only 17. Why are you so eager for a perfect guy and romance? In fact, what's wrong with every girl in this school? Why does everyone want to date and find a great guy so bad? I swear, the only sane ones in this school are me and Seohyun."

"YOU'RE the sane ones? Oh, please. What do you mean by we're only 17? It should be we're already 17! Don't you think it's sad that you Kwon sisters haven't had an actual relationship yet?" Sunny huffed. "I think you're the problem here, Yul. You scare off all your admirers. Give the poor boys a chance! And it's not just your admirers that you scare off! You scare off Seohyun's too! Let the girl have some romance!"

"Hey! Im Yoona, here, hasn't been in a real relationship either!" Yuri protested. "And what do you mean, let Seohyun have some romance? She's too young! She's only 16!" 

Yoona laughed. "But I'm not vicious to my admirers either! I would never beat them up, like you do! And I'm willing to date if the right guy comes. You're not."

"And Seohyun's too young in your opinion? There are teenagers having at her age, yet you won't let Seohyun get into a completely safe, light-hearted, sweet relationship?" Sunny snorted.

"Don't bring up Hyunnie's name in the same sentence as ! Who knows what her "boyfriend" will do to her!? He could take advantage of her or break her heart or...or..or..." Yuri shook her head, letting out a deep breath. "Oh my god. The ways of hurting her are endless."

Yoona and Sunny burst out laughing at Yuri's reaction.

"Wow, Yul, you're such a prude!" Yoona giggled. "Ha! At this rate, you Kwon sisters won't be dating, even at the age of 30!"

"Oh well. Yuri can continue to murder her and Seohyun's admirers. It's not like Seohyun's gonna be dating anytime soon. That girl is too focused on her studying to be looking out for boys," Sunny said with a shrug.

"Don't laugh!" Yuri snapped. "This is serious. The man who wants to take Seohyun has to appear in front of me and pass all my qualifications."

"You're like her dad. Geez, now Mr.Kwon won't have anything to do when Seohyun brings home her boyfriend," Sunny commented. "Poor him and poor Seohyun."

"What about me?"

"HYUNNIE!" Yuri squealed, wrapping her younger sister in a tight hug. 

"U-Unnie...I can't breathe..."

"Oh! Sorry!~" Yuri apologized cheerfully, letting Seohyun take a seat beside her. Yoona and Sunny stared at Yuri with disapproval.

"You have such a sister complex," Yoona sighed.

"Tsk, tsk. She shows such love for her baby sister, yet none for her beloved, beautiful, kind, goddess-like friends," Sunny added.

"I don't believe a goddess's name would be Sunkyu anyway," Yuri retorted.

"HEY!"

Seohyun giggled sweetly. "Aigoo, you guys are close as usual. I'm jealous."

Yuri reached over to hug her sister. "Don't be jealous, Hyunnie! I still love you the best!"

Yoona pretended to gag, earning a snicker from Sunny.

"Oh, I'm only kidding," Seohyun said, pulling Yuri off her. "Anyway, I came here because I had something important to tell you all. It may be shocking, but I hope you'll be happy for me."

"What happened? Did you get pregnant?"

Yuri glared at Sunny, reaching over to smack her.

"No!" Seohyun yelped, her face turning red. "What do you take me for, Sunny-unnie?"

"Are you sick and tired of your sister's affections? Because if you are, I totally understand," Yoona suggested.

"You two are really trying to piss me off, aren't you?" Yuri grumbled.

"Naturally!" Yoona and Sunny sang in sync.

"My big news...is that I've found a boyfriend," Seohyun confessed shyly.

It seemed as though the world was finally ending. They were all silent for a moment, trying to wrap their heads around what Seohyun had just said. She..had a boyfriend? A BOYFRIEND? That sweet, studious, and bashful Seohyun had found a boyfriend? Before all her unnies?

"Can you repeat what you just said, Seohyun? I...I don't think we heard it right," Sunny stuttered. "Did you say that...you've found a boyfriend? That can't be it, right?"

"Ahaha, I doubt that's it!" Yoona laughed uneasily. "Seohyun has no interest in boys! Last time I checked, she found gogumas and math textbooks more interesting than shirtless 2PM."

"It's true, unnies. I found a boyfriend."

Meanwhile, Yuri was frozen, struggling to take the news. Her baby sister found a guy? How? When? Why? She had forgotten to kill off one of her admirers? That wasn't possible...

"W-Wow!" Sunny exclaimed. "That's...shocking, but nevertheless, I'm happy for you Seohyun! Who is he? If you're dating him, I'm sure he's a great guy!"

"Yeah!" Yoona agreed excitedly. "Tell us all the details! How did you meet? Who asked who out first? Did you guys kiss yet?"

"Y-Yoona-unnie!" Seohyun stammered, blushing in embarrassment.

Yuri slammed her hands down on the lunch table, startling the three of them.

"Aren't you guys accepting this way too easily!?" Yuri exclaimed. "This is Seohyun we're talking about! Just yesterday, she had no interest in boys! She was eating her gogumas and watching the History channel! She even rejected a guy yesterday! What made her change? Just what kind of sneaky bastard is he!?"

"He's not a sneaky bastard, Yuri-unnie. He's the guy I love," Seohyun defended him. "Just because I find a boyfriend doesn't mean my interests will change. And I rejected that guy because I was in relationship with my boyfriend."

Yuri gaped. "H-Hyunnie!"

Yoona and Sunny walked over to wrap Yuri in a bear hug. "I think your sister is going to have a hard time taking this. She may start breaking things and killing people, so we have to stop her like this."

"Just be happy for her, Yuri," Yoona urged. "She's found a guy she loves. That's a wonderful thing and it'd be horrible to kill the guy and make Seohyunnie sad."

"Yeah. I know you don't like the idea of your 16-year old sister dating, but if it's a good guy that has her, that's great," Sunny said.

Yuri flung their arms off of her. "How are you two so sure that the guy she's dating is good? He could be a wolf in sheep's clothing!"

Sunny rolled her eyes. "C'mon, Yul. Let's be honest here. It's SEOHYUN. Do you really think she would date someone foolishly? I don't think so. If the guy is making her happy and loving her like she deserves, then I'm happy for her too."

Yuri turned around, looking at her sister sharply. "As much as she is smart, she's also innocent. He could've decieved her. I demand to know his name so I can give him a little talk."

Seohyun groaned. "Yuri-unnie! Don't beat him up! Please!"

"I said talk. Not kill. Though I would really love to."

"UNNIE!"

Yuri pouted. "Okay, okay! I just want to know his name. Really, I'm not going to beat him up. I should know the name of my sister's boyfriend, don't you think? Just in case you bring him home or something."

Seohyun wet her lips, opening hesitantly.

"My boyfriend..is...Jung Changmin."

"Hey, Yunho! You're still coming to see Spiderman with me tonight, right?"

"Yup!" Yunho replied brightly, smiling.

"Oh, Yunho, remember, tomorrow night, we're gonna go buy equipment for the basketball team!"

"You got it!" He said, walking past with a thumbs-up.

"Yunho-oppa! Tomorrow afternoon, you're still going to help me find clothes for my date, right? I really need it!"

He winked at the girl. "Wouldn't miss it for anything. We'll meet by the mall at 3:30."

He walked away from her, waving, before taking a seat by his best friends, Yoochun and Sungmin. They faked a disgusted look at him, causing him to laugh.

"What's wrong you two?" He joked.

"That's my question," Yoochun replied with a shiver. "It's scary how well you act. How can you not get tired making all those appointments? You never get a rest, do you..."

"Why would I be tired when I'm boosting my popularity with each appointment?" Yunho said cockily. "There's no one in this school that can match my popularity. Face it. Everyone in this school loves me. Jocks, cheerleaders, nerds, and losers."

Sungmin rolled his eyes. "Someone punch him in the face."

"I wish I could, bro," Yoochun sighed. "But his fangirls would have my head."

"I don't understand you guys," Yunho snorted. "How can you not want popularity? I'd die, just blending in the background and having a small circle of friends. I enjoy having everyone at this school admire and adore me."

"Not everyone. There's Kwon Yuri," Sungmin reminded him.

Yunho scowled. "Ew. Don't bring up her name around me."

"The one person Jung Yunho can't seem to impress," Yoochun laughed. "Kwon Yuri, Our school's very own delinquent. The girl that makes guys shake in fear. The girl that will kill anyone who approaches her sister."

"She doesn't even deserve to be called a girl. Do you see the things she says and does? Ugh, I can't stand her," Yunho growled.

"Well, that's harsh. You're such a kid, Yunho. Just because you got beat to a pulp by her in kindergarten, you still hold a grudge on her," Sungmin reprimanded.

"I did not get beat to a pulp! I just didn't think it was right to hit a girl!" Yunho protested, turning red.

Yoochun grinned like Chesire Cat. "Oh sure. I know you, Yunho. You despise it when anyone puts a mark on your face. You love your face. If anyone, girl or boy, had left a scratch like that on your face, you would've killed them. Kwon Yuri was just too strong for you, Yunho."

"Strong? That girl? Please!" Yunho scoffed. "I could beat her up any day!"

"Try saying that to her face," Sungmin shot back.

Yunho glared at him, "You know we ignore each other these days. If we end up talking, we'll just fight and argue. In 10 minutes, she'd probably have another handful of my hair out."

"Whoever ends up marrying Kwon Yuri is an amazing man," Yoochun commented. "He managed to break through the iron walls of Kwon Yuri and actually get her to say yes to his proposal."

"Hah! Her, getting married? She'll probably turn 80 and be single with a bunch of cats," Yunho sneered.

"Don't be talking about yourself, Yunho," Sungmin remarked.

"Hey!"

"I'd really like to see YOU getting married, Yunho. I doubt it could ever happen. One day, the girl you're dating, will find out your real personality of a selfish, childish, jerk and not want to marry you," Yoochun thought aloud. "It's not like you can always act like you're a sweet, caring guy through your entire marriage. It's like living a lie then."

"Uh, hello? I, Jung Yunho, AM a sweet, caring guy."

"That statement just proves how arrogant you are. Not sweet or caring."

"Bah, you two are just jealous of me! You boys who have no girls trailing after you!" Yunho cackled.

"Hyung, not again..."

Changmin rolled his eyes, taking a seat by Yoochun.

"Changmin, please snap some sense into your older brother. At this rate, Yoochun and I might have to leave him," Sungmin joked.

"It's my dream for him to wake up and just show the world who he is. This act is really getting out of hand," Changmin said. "Everyone at school worships him. They're under the belief that he really is some caring, cool guy that has no flaws."

"Ah, if only they knew the Yunho we have with us here," Yoochun teased.

"His fangirls would be heartbroken. Ah, Yunho oppa! How could you!" Sungmin imitated.

The three boys laughed, leaving Yunho to fume.

"I know it, for sure! You guys are jealous! You keep making fun of me, but you know, sooner or later, you'll be begging for me to teach you how to boost your popularity," Yunho said, in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Yoochun-hyung just has to go shirtless and Sungmin-hyung can show some aegyo, and they'll be popular than you, Yunho-hyung," Changmin retorted.

"Ow, that hurts, Minnie!" Yunho whined.

Sungmin shivered in disgust. "Yunho, aegyo is my thing, not yours. Save that aegyo for your mother."

Changmin snickered. "Good one, Sungmin-hyung. Anyway, I came here to tell you guys something important."

"What, you're gay?" Yoochun guessed.

"Or you got a girl pregnant?" Sungmin added.

"Maybe you found out that you have a child from a past girlfriend?" Yunho piped up.

Changmin glared at the three of them. "NO. None of those! What the hell is wrong with you hyungs?"

"Damn, it's none of them?" Yunho cursed. "Fine, just spill the news. I don't like being left in suspense."

"I've got a girlfriend," Changmin said, a dreamy smile on his face.

"What's wrong with her?" Yunho teased, quickly taking it back when he saw Changmin's dark look. "I'm only kidding, my dear younger brother! I'm happy for you. It's about time you've found one!

"Yeah, congrats, Changmin!" Yoochun cheered. "It's kind of sad that our Changminnie found a girl before all of us though. Oh well."

"So who is she?" Sungmin asked curiously.

All three of them leaned closer to him. "Yeah, who is she?"

Changmin smiled brightly.

"Kwon Seohyun."

"Please tell me you're joking, Hyunnie."

Seohyun blinked obliviously. "Huh? What do you mean, Yuri-unnie? I'm not joking. My boyfriend is Jung Changmin. He's over there, sitting with his older brother, Yunho, and his friends."

Just the sound of Yunho's name made Yuri's insides burn with fury.

"Oh no. Yuri is going to explode soon. Somebody call the ambulance so we can be prepared for all the injures to come," Yoona groaned, putting her hands over her eyes.

"Yul, take deep breaths. Don't be mad. Listen to Seohyun's explanation," Sunny urged her.

Seohyun looked around, confused. "Is...is there something wrong with Changmin? Why are you all like this? I don't think he's done anything to Yuri-unnie before..."

Yuri swallowed. "It's not Changmin that's really done something to me...but...Hyunnie, his older brother is Jung Yunho! The Jung Yunho! The hateful of the most hateful! The fakest of the most two-faced! You're dating his little brother! Of course I'm upset!"

"Unnie, Changmin isn't the same as his brother. You may have personal bad feelings towards Yunho-sunbaenim, but that doesn't mean you should judge Changmin negatively as well. I don't know how Yunho-sunbaenim is to you, but I assure you, Changmin is wonderful. He's kind, sweet, and always willing to listen to me," Seohyun explained.

"No, no, no," Yuri said quickly, shaking her head. "This relationship will not work. They're brothers! How different can they be!?"

"Well, look at you and Seohyun," Sunny reminded her. "I've never seen siblings anymore different. One is sweet, lady-like, and smart, while the other's a complete delinquent."

"You shush!" Yuri hissed. "Don't tell me you guys are approving of this relationship?"

"Why shouldn't we?" Yoona asked. "It's not a big deal, Yuri. You're so old-fashioned. Just stay away from Yunho and it'll be fine. If Seohyun says she loves Changmin and that he's different from his brother, well, then we'll believe her. It'd be worse for you to break apart their relationship. You don't care if she hates you?"

"H-Hate me?" Yuri stuttered, frozen just by thinking about it.

"Unnie, I'll never talk to you again if you make Changmin break up with me," Seohyun informed her. "I'll make sure not to talk to Yunho-sunbaenim and show you that Changmin is different from him, when you meet him. Give it a chance, unnie. I really love him and I feel happy with him. I've never felt this way before, so please, don't ruin it for me."

Yuri faltered, seeing her sister talk so strongly about it. She really did want her sister to be happy...

"So, I take it that you approve of the ChangSeo relationship?" Sunny inquired.

"ChangSeo? What the hell?"

"It's their couple name! You take the Chang from Changmin and the Seo from Seohyun! Isn't it cute?" Sunny gushed.

Yuri wrinkled her nose. "You weirdo."

Yoona smiled deviously. "Shall I tell you another couple name? It's my favorite one,YunRi. The Yun from Yunho and the Ri from Yuri."

"Im Yoona, I will personally suffocate you in your sleep..."

Yuri then sighed. "I'll let you date him...but let me go give him a warning."

Seohyun's eyes widened. "U-Unnie...what do you mean..a warning...?"

"Don't worry. I'll make sure not to hit this Changmin kid. No guarantees about not hitting his older brother."

With that, she rose from her seat and walked over to the table where Changmin, Yunho, Yoochun, and Sungmin sat. The boys were still stunned by Changmin's confession and unable to say anything, especially Yunho.

Why, of all people, did his little brother have to date the youngest Kwon? Why the younger sister of Kwon Yuri? Why the sister of the one person he hated to death? There were different girls. He could've found his brother a hotter, prettier girl. Someone far from the Kwon siblings.

He was even more surprised when Kwon Yuri marched up to their table.

"YOU!" She shouted, pointing at Changmin. "You're dating my sister, right?"

"YOU!" She yelled, pointing at Yunho accusingly. "What do you think you're doing!?"

She's the same as she was in kindergarten, Yunho thought.

"Y-Yes, I am," Changmin answered nervously.

"What do you like about her? I won't accept a one word answer, but that doesn't mean I want you to write me an essay either."

Yunho opened his mouth, ready to tell this girl off for ordering his brother around, but Changmin interrupted him.

"She's..different," Changmin said, before noticing Yuri's disapproving look. "Not in a bad way though! At first, I thought she was just a serious, smart person, but after I got to know her, she was cute and quirky. She's innocent and I think that's a trait that's hard to find in girls these days. I like her goguma obsession, though sometimes she likes them more than me, and her ability to focus when she wants to." 

Yuri eyed him carefully. "Hm. Listen here. I honesty don't want to approve of this relationship, but I want my sister to be happy. You seem to make her happy and she really loves you. That said, if you break her heart or make her cry, I will chase you to the ends of hell. Remember that while you date her, Changmin."

Changmin brightened up. "Thank you, sister-in-law!"

Sister-in-law? What the hell? She doesn't deserve that title! Yunho thought in disbelief.

She gave him a small smile.

"What gives you the right to be coming over here, like you're all that, and testing my brother? You think your sister's perfect or something? I wanted a hotter girl for my brother anyway," Yunho said with a sneer.

"Hyung!" Changmin hissed, afraid that Yuri would get mad and take away her approval of him.

However, Yuri stayed oddly calm. She stared at Yunho coldly.

"I didn't come here to talk to you. This isn't something that you should be butting into. I came here to talk to Changmin. I wanted to know that he wasn't going to hurt my sister and his feelings were real. Is that really so offensive to you? I'm protecting my sister. I don't want her meeting the wrong guy. I'm thankful that your brother is completely different from you because I can tell that he's more trustworthy than you," Yuri snapped, storming away.

"Why that little-"

"Yunho, calm down. You don't want to ruin the chances for Changmin," Yoochun cut in.

Sungmin smiled. "I'm surprised the older Kwon agreed to it this easily. I expected her to come here and slap you hard."

"The one she wanted to slap was probably Yunho. Most likely, she was afraid that Changmin would be similar to Yunho," Yoochun said.

"Urgh...one of these days, I will punch that animal in the face!" Yunho roared, clenching his fists.

"Yeah, like you could, you wimp."

"She'd have you pinned to the ground."

"I'm just glad that sister-in-law isn't breaking us up. She isn't exactly approving of us, but at least she's not doing anything. I'm thankful for that. I can date Seohyun now!" Changmin squealed like a little girl. "That's right! Tomorrow, I'll bring Seohyun here to eat with us!"

Yunho grinned slyly. "Oh really? I'm excited."

Now I can give this Seohyun girl a taste of what her unnie gave Changmin!

A/N: The first chapter is out! :D Yay! As you can tell, Yuri and Yunho have a very bad relationship, while their younger siblings, Changmin and Seohyun, are in a relationship and lovey-dovey. I had a lot of fun writing their friends, Yoona & Sunny and Yoochun & Sungmin. Later in the story, I'll be including SunSun and YoonChun as minor pairings. ^^ Hopefully, this chapter was long enough for you guys. I'll be sure to update with chapter two as soon as I can. Expect more YunRi bickering, hehe!