Final

Maknae Love

Left, right, left, right. Minji's body flowed with the music, matching the beat with confidence. Carefully, she scrutinized herself in the mirror as she danced, staring at her sweaty reflection. She was wearing a beanie, more to keep her bangs out of her face than anything, with a matching black sweatshirt and faded grey skinny jeans. She continued dancing, trying her best, doing everything she could not to screw up. Anyone watching would see the power behind her movements, and possibly even be intimidated by it. No rookie could learn to dance this well; it was a skill that took years to master, as well as all the passion 2ne1's Maknae could muster in that shorter than average body of hers.

Finally, the dance was nearing an end, and slowly her moves became less fluid. She was losing the confidence she once had, this being the fifth time she's practiced this dance. In front of a camera, no less.  The last time she updated her Twitter followers with a video of some sort seemed to be forever ago, and with all that's been happening lately she felt the need to thank them for all of their support. Not only did 2ne1's fans support her and the rest of the group with their recent comeback, her very own Minjas had been with her every step of the way since the news of her Grandmother's passing got out. With the need to give this gift to her followers also came the need to impress them more than ever before. And that was why she decided to add a neat little trick at the end. Nothing much, she had first thought, just a little something to spice up the dance. But then her competitive edge seeped into her plans, and the trick was harder than she first decided it should be. Time after time, she'd try to nail it. Time after time, she'd fail. It was extremely frustrating.

It was time. Minji turned back to the camera situated in front of the mirror. The music slowed down, losing the quick, techno beat it once had and turning into something more slow and instrumental. A few steps forward and she dropped to her knees, subtly pushing herself to slide forward and stop a few feet from the screen. A sudden pounding in the music was accompanied by Minji slamming her forearms into the ground. Ever so slowly, yet beautifully, she lifted herself up. Her arms supporting all of her weight, she her legs straight into the air, toes pointing towards the ceiling, and then carefully began to split them apart... No. No. NO! She was losing balance..

"OW!" She cried out, more in frustration than pain, as her body crashed to the floor. With an angry string of curses flying from , she stopped the camera from recording and quieted the music. Why? She was doing so well! Why in the world did she have to mess up?!

Minji stood in front of the mirror, staring at her reflection with fingers curling into her hair. She felt like pulling.. tugging all of it out. That would ease her frustration, right? But no.. as the emotional woman she was, the most logical thing to do was-

A sigh escaped her lips as she saw the tears forming in her eyes. "No.." she muttered to herself. "Don't you dare.." But it was too late. She realized scolding herself would be no use as the tears were already flowing down her cheeks. Was it possible for her to feel embarassment when she knew she was all alone in the studio? It wasn't like she was crying on stage after winning an award, or the extremely well-taken photos of her at her Grandmother's funeral. She was alone, in front of nobody. And yet she buried her face in her hands as a faint blush turned her cheeks a rosy pink color. Maybe it was pointless, getting frustrated to the point of tears over such a silly thing. But dancing was her passion, and she wanted to give the perfect thank you gift to her fans. She refused to make it anything less than perfect, but obviously she was having a little trouble with that.

In fact, she was so lost in her own thoughts, she hadn't noticed the person who entered the studio. The one who had been watching her ever since she fell, yet kept himself from helping her when he noticed her reaction. The one standing in the corner of the room, frowning sadly at her. He hated seeing her be like this, but he understood. He had a passion for dancing, as well, and any idol knew how frustrating it could be when you just couldn't get it right no matter how many times you tried. And even worse, all of the things Minji had been through lately didn't help. It just added to her stress.

Slowly, he dropped the bouquet of white roses he picked up along the way to the ground. No matter how expensive they were, or how long he spent making sure they were absolutely perfect, he could care less about them. All he cared about was.. her. His girlfriend. The love of his life. The one standing in the center of this large, empty room, alone and upset to the point of tears.

Zelo quickly strode towards her and without a second thought, wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. She flinched slightly in his embrace, having not expected him to be there, but he gently rubbed her arm in such a comforting way that all she could do was melt against his chest. "J-Junhong.." she whispered quietly, mortified at the thought that he had seen her crying and quickly wiping at her tears to make them go away. "I.. I didn't think.. you would be-" Zelo quickly shushed her by pressing his lips against her temple.

"Shh.. baby..." He lowered his face to her neck and gently nuzzled against her. He couldn't help but smile slightly in satisfaction when she shivered in response. "It's okay.. don't be like this.." he whispered softly, tightening his arms around her waist. "But.. my fans.." Minji tried to argue, but her attempt was meek. She was now staring at herself in the mirror, admiring the boy behind her. He may be younger, but the way he treated her always made her slip up and accidentally call him Oppa. The fact that he was so much taller than her didn't do much to help, either.

When Zelo noticed what she was doing, he looked up at the mirror and smiled at her in the reflection. "You see that?" he asked, voice still a quiet whisper as he raised his hands from her waist and cupped her face instead. "That is my girlfriend. My beautiful girlfriend, Gong Minji, who is possibly the strongest person I have ever known. You are tough, okay? Please don't forget that. I know you're frustrated, but.." His fingers swept beneath her eyes to catch any fallen tears. "..you just need a break. Stop trying so hard, you know you tend to psych yourself out." With that, another small smile graced his lips and he returned his hands to her waist, slowly spinning her around to face him. He found her bright red cheeks quite amusing.

"You just need a break.." he repeated in a murmur, lightly leaning his forehead against hers and staring down at her lovingly. His left hand rose to cup her right cheek and he gently pressed his lips against hers. The kiss ended too quickly for Minji's liking, but it was sweet enough to leave her speechless. "What do you say we go back to my dorm, hm? The hyungs are away at the moment, so it could just be you and I.. I got some movies?" His lips pulled upwards into an adorable half-smile, this time, and he cocked his head teasingly. "Unless you were thinking we could.. do something else?"

Minji's eyes widened and she quickly shoved him away. "Yah! You little e!" Zelo laughed loudly and caught her hand, lacing their fingers together. "Calm down, babygirl, I was just kidding. Let's go." He