Paper

Don't Know

 

Today I found out that my long time crush only has a thing for pretty girls. 
        Slim, tall, fair skinned, toned bodies.  
      ' How I wish I could be someone like that ' I sigh as I look at the poster across this restaurant's table.  
      “ What are we having?” the waiter snap me out from my day dream. 
      “ Oh~ An order of this, and this.” I said pointing out random names on the menu. 
      “ Would that be all?” the waiter asks as he puts his hand in one of his apron's pocket. 
      “ Hm~ and maybe... a bottle of... soju? Please?” I tried to stay calm as I said it. I'm still a minor and I am not allowed to drink liquor out in the public. 
      “ I see.” he said with his deep voice, nodding.  
     Minutes have passed and the waiter finally serves my order, including the green bottle of booze. But before setting that particular beverage the waiter hand me a piece of paper. Then he smiled just after he finishes setting my table. 
      “ Don't be so hard on yourself. :) Cheer up!” reading what's written inside this tiny piece of paper. 
      “ Huh?”  I mentally ask myself as I look around the place, searching for him. 
 
        After I finish eating and already drunk a few shots of soju. I left the place making sure to leave that piece of paper. But before completely leaving the place I make it sure that he, the waiter would notice that familiar piece of paper. Still peeking outside the restaurant, I saw him pick up the paper. Opening it, reading it. From a distance I could see him smile as he stuff the paper in his pocket. Then soon after his out of sight I finally leave the place with a silly grin painted all over my face. 
        “ I'll be alright! :) Don't worry.”  I wrote down on the piece of paper. 
  

        Sighing as I literally drag my feet inside the bus. It's been a hard day on me today. I got a lot of activities, school works, and extra works, don't forget to mention. Heartbreak. How am I supposed to enjoy weekends when I have to juggle among school and personal concerns. Yeah, I'm not a busy person and I know I can handle stuffs like this but I hate being responsible about everything. My head is spinning when I took my seat inside this empty bus. Exhaustion and fatigue, I blame school for this. Sigh~ 
       “ Hi.” a faint voice said behind me. 
       “ Oh- Hi...”  I replied looking at the person then I look back at my stuffs, trying to arrange it. Then I realized. He was the waiter from that restaurant. 
       “ Here.”  He hand me a some sort of energy drink. 
       “ Hard day? He asks as he open the drink for me. 
       “ Hm...”  I just hum as I chug down the sweet yet sour drink. Then I look at him after finishing my drink. 
       “ Thanks.”  I said with a sweet smile. I rarely give smiles to strangers especially this kind of smile. 
       “ You should smile often.”  he said as he slouch back on his seat.  
        I don't know why but he and his presence made me feel awkward. I can't help but think about his motives. ' Why is he being nice to me? ' and then questions like ' Is he this nice to everyone? ' would pop out inside my head out in the blue. But somehow, looking at him right now, at his reflection, in this tinted bus window made me feel special and secure. As if he was there just to cheer me up in this rough day. Then my eyes give up on me. 


        “ Excuse me~”  a husky voice wake me from dream land. 
        “ Hm..”  I answered, half sleeping. 
        “ I think It's already our stop. “  
        “ HUH!”  I shriek, then quickly stand up making me bump my head over a – head? 
      “ OH! I'M SO SORRY”  I bet I look stupid right now as I keep on bowing repeating ' Oh I'm so sorry' for the millionth time. 
        “ It's Okay.”  The owner of the voice said as he rubs his forehead with his hands. 
          


        “ I'm so sorry.” I again apologize to him as we step out the bus. Well, it turned out that the one I bump on was the kind waiter from before.  
     “Oh! How did you know? My stop?” I am intrigue and curios and so I ask him, trying to look straight in his eyes, but I ended marveling his eyes. His eyes were darker than dark brown. Perfect than the shape of an almond. It was very mesmerizing and so unreal. 
     “ I work here. I often see you pass by.” he replied bringing me back to Earth. For a second, I thought I couldn't escape from his mystical spell. I was unconsciously trapped inside his orbs. 
        “ Oh, I remember.”  I answered fast hoping he didn't notice my spacing.  
        Then after a few walks. We parted and said our goodbyes. 
        “ Hope to see you often.”  he said as he slowly push the restaurant's glass door. 
        “ Oh! Excuse me.”  I said before he could finally enter the place.         
        “ What is it?”  he reply. 
        “ I am Eun Byul.”  I said as I hear my heart beat beating fast. 
        “ Yi Eun Byul”  I repeated. 
        “ Minho. Choi Minho.” he replied finally making my heart explode.