Chapter 2: That Night

Tonight

 

 

 

 “A..Oww..” a groan came out from me in pain as Lee Ji eun put some betadine on the wound on my forehead.

“EESHH. You really did it.” She ticked off me.

Now who’s talking?

Who’s the one who kept shouting ‘GOOOOO!!! HIT THAT IDIOT WITH ALL YOUR STRENGHT!!!’

Tch.

“I can read you.” She glared at me.

Tch.

 I think I should just kill her right now.

Should I?

It’s my job anyway.

 

I don’t know but I feel a little guilty on myself for thinking of killing her.

 

“Thanks.” She beamed then kissed my forehead.

 

Silence and awkwardness stormed inside my skull.

 

I like her.

 

In my very first sight of her, I didn’t know this.

 

Aish.

I’m a demon!

 

 I shouldn’t like a human.

 

I pushed her gently away and rubbed my forehead.

“Yah, we’re not close.”

 

“I know.” She replied with a chuckle “I like you too.”

 

What does that mean?

Did she read my mind?

 

She slapped my left shoulder and laughed, “I have psychological abilities, I know you like me. It’s written all over your face,” then she giggled

 

What?!

 

“I know it’s odd to like someone whom you don’t know or a person you just met but… I don’t know. I just can feel it- in my heart. It’s love.” (A/N: it’s like ‘Hey, I just met you. But this is crazy, but he’s my number, so call me maybe’ ^^)

 

What? Love? What the heck is that?

 

Oh, I remember. Boss told me that it’s the most dangerous thing in the world and no one can destroy it.

 

Is it what I feel right now?

 

It feels… Great.

 

Should I stop myself?

Nah…

 

I can do whatever I want.

I can disobey anyone, myself.

 

“No one actually protected me before…” She suddenly beamed. “You were the first to protect me so I like you.”

 

What should I say to her?

 

I put my index finger at her forehead and I saw all these things…

 

“Ji eun!!!”

“Yes Joo-unnie?”

“They’re annoying me!”

“Huh?” Ji eun looked at the bunch of bad-looking boys in front of Joo.”What should I do?”

“Annoy Ji eun instead of me.” Joo said to the boys and ran away.

“Okay…” The boys chuckled at Ji eun,

After twenty minutes, they left Ji eun injured and helpless while the people around just looked at her and went away.

“Why are you doing this?” Ji eun asked them in a furious but faint voice, “

“Remember your debts. My father could’ve buy new DVD’s if only you didn’t took it away!” Wooyoung smirked then walked away with his fellows.

Ji eun fainted on the ground, hoping that someone will lift her up and lay her down on a comfortable fluffy bed.

 

 

 

“Yah Ji eun you useless brat!” a fat Ajhumma hit Ji eun on the head with a frying pan, “Cook some food now! Joo and I are already hungry!”

 

 

 

Ji eun was walking on the street near a park, practicing her flute when a soccer ball flew towards and hit her head.

She dropped her flute. She squatted down and shot an angry face to the hitter. “YAAAH!!!”

“Oh,” Wooyoung smirked at her, “She knows how to bark now!” then he clapped his hands along with his companions.

Ji eun gritted her teeth as she picked a rock and threw it at Wooyoung.

‘Buuullzzzeye!’ Thunder thought.

Wooyoung fell on the ground with a big red bump on his head.

Ji eun grinned and ran as fast as she could.

At home…

“You idiooooot!!!!”

“Eomma!” Joo tried to stop her mother from hitting Ji eun’s head with a frying pan but she failed to. A loud ‘TOOONG’  was heard inside Ji eun’s head.

‘OWWW…’

“Why did you do that!? You know that we can only borrow money from Wooyoung Jang’s family!!”

“So-Sorry…”

 

 

And then Ji eun lived a difficult life, without anyone on her side.

She can’t consider her Joo-unnie as a person by her side since see too, obviously despise Ji eun but not when she wants Ji eun to do something for her.

 

(Back to Thunder’s POV)

A sigh came out from me as I put my hand down and stared at her.

She giggled and asked, “Is there something on my face?”

“N-No.” I answered.

 

What’s the use of demons like me here if this rotten world already has millions?!

 

“It’s getting late. I have to cook dinner.” She beamed and stood up.

 

So?

 

She laughed and started walking, “Bye.”

 

It’s amazing to only think that she can still laugh like that with all of the bad experiences she had in her little life.

 

Okaaaaay… I’m gonna follow her and make sure that the fat Ajhumma won’t hit her again with a frying pan.

I can use my invisibility power. *GRINS*

 

Following…

Following…

Following…

Following…

 

At last, she arrived in front of her hou…

 

WHAT THE…!

 

END OF CHAPTER 2