Rainy Day

Ménage à Trois

    The first thing Kris noticed when he woke up was the rain pattering against the windows. The clock on his bedside table flashed ten in the morning, not so late that he couldn't get up at a reasonable time to do work but late enough to make him feel like simply going back to sleep and waking up in the afternoon instead. Raising his head up from his pillow, he observed the rain pattering down on the window. Baekhyun had once again forgotten to draw shut the curtains the other night after all was said and done, but the clouds from the rain had blocked out what little sunlight there was.

    "Are you awake?" Baekhyun mumbled sleepily, face pressed down into the pillow he was drooling on.

    Kris had forgotten how light of a sleeper his boyfriend was. In apology, he pressed a gentle kiss to Baekhyun's lips. The other boy giggled and tangled his fingers in Kris' hair, returning the favor with a cute drowsy passion. Kris felt Kai stir against his back, sigh slightly, and bury deeper under the blankets. While Baekhyun was a light sleeper, Kai would continue sleeping until a nuclear bomb dropped…or Baekhyun woke him up by kicking.

    Thus, it was decided that Kris would sleep in the middle of the bed because unlike Baekhyun and Kai, he was in the middle of the spectrum in sleeping intensity. Baekhyun's kicking didn't bother him much because he could just tangle their legs together and trap the other boy's legs underneath him, and Kai now had a large barrier from any other disturbances.

    Baekhyun and Kris had both figured out that Kai was quite grouchy if he was bothered during his sleep, even if the younger boy didn't realize it. Too bad right now Baekhyun didn't seem to care, sleepily clambering over Kris to cuddle Kai.

    "He's so cute when he's sleeping," murmured Baekhyun, running his fingers gently through Kai's hair and tugging slightly. The younger boy whined and tried to curl into a ball under the blankets.

    "You shouldn't wake him up," Kris chided, but he let one hand rest lightly over Baekhyun's fingers as they began to massage small circles in Kai's scalp.

    "Why do you always treat him like the baby?"

    Baekhyun pouted cutely, and Kris laughed, loud and booming. Kai whined even louder, grabbing the pillow and trying to pull it over his head. Baekhyun's hands prevented him from doing so.

    "Wake up," Baekhyun cooed, blowing lightly on Kai's ear. Kai laughed, and Kris smiled. The youngest of the trio was definitely awake now and not in as bad of a mood as he expected.

    "You guys ," Kai complained, flipping over onto his back and grinning. The difference between Kai and Baekhyun was that Kai woke up quickly while Baekhyun liked to take his own sweet time.

    "Good morning," Kris rumbled, and Kai leaned up off the bed to steal a quick peck before falling back onto the sheets.

    "Seriously, you know how late I slept last night?" Kai continued, rolling his eyes even as Baekhyun lazily cut off his complaints with a quick mouth. Kris mimicked Kai and rolled his eyes as well, watching as Baekhyun and Kai languidly took the time to reacquaint themselves.

    Kai was the most observant of the trio. He always knew what the other two liked, and Kris watched as the younger man rubbed soothing circles into Baekhyun's hips with his thumbs, making the other man whine slightly and pull back.

    "What?" Kai's cocky grin was back, and Kris took this as the opportunity to wipe it off his face. He always relished how he and Baekhyun were the only ones to strip Kai of his y persona and reveal the cute person underneath. Quickly, Kris grabbed Kai by the waist and dragged him in for a faster, stronger kiss than previously given by Baekhyun. By the end, Kai had to catch his breath and glare at Kris.

    "So cruel," Baekhyun said behind the two, and the clear tone of his voice signaled to Kai and Kris that he had finally completely woken up. "Kris, you shouldn't treat the youngest that way."

    Kris smirked. "I thought you were just complaining about him being the youngest."

    While the two engaged in leisurely banter, Kai snuggled back down in the blankets and immediately began to drift back into sleep. The pitter pat of the rain against the window pane was the perfect lullaby for his dreams.

    "Mmph!"

    Kai let out a squeak of surprise as two heavy bodies collapsed on him and quickly wriggled to the side. Baekhyun smiled apologetically and rolled off of Kris to clutch onto Kai and capture his lips again.

    "I'm hungry," Kai suddenly declared, pushing Baekhyun off and sliding out of bed before dashing to the kitchen. "The floors are cold again!"

    "I'll turn on the heating," Kris sighed, dreading the prospect of leaving the toasty bed. He was even worse than Baekhyun when it came to leaving warmth for the freezing cold of the fall, but if it was to make Kai comfortable, he could bear it.

    "No! Don't leave," Baekhyun whimpered, but soon he scampered out of the bed as well, following Kai into the kitchen. Sighing, Kris braced himself and dashed to turn on the heating before joining Kai and Baekhyun in the kitchen.

    "Kyungsoo made us kimchi spaghetti again!" exclaimed Kai delightedly as he opened the fridge and saw what their friend had packed.

    "I can cook you know," Kris muttered, but both Baekhyun and Kai were too engrossed in heating up the spaghetti to pay attention to him.

    "Hot!" Kai yelped as he tried to take out the platter with his bare hands. Kris immediately moved forward to wrap his hands around Kai's and blow lightly against the reddened area.

    "You didn't hurt yourself, right?" Baekhyun asked anxiously, peering at Kai's hands before grabbing a towel to take the platter out of the microwave. He grabbed three pairs of chopsticks and set them on the table before going to the fridge to grab a bag of ice.

    "Don't bother. I dropped the plate before any burns," Kai replied, blushing slightly as Kris pressed two kisses, one to Kai's left reddened palm and one to Kai's right reddened palm. "Let's eat." The youngest jerked his hands away, and Baekhyun pressed a kiss to his reddened cheek as Kris began to eat.

    "Say ah!" cooed Baekhyun, holding a few strands of spaghetti out to Kris.

    Kris opened his mouth and allowed Baekhyun to feed him. Kai slowly at by himself, closing his eyes and savoring every bite. Meals were usually spent this way. Baekhyun just had this thing for feeding people while Kris was perfectly content not to move his hands and still get fed, and Kai was simply a huge fan of Kyungsoo's kimchi spaghetti.

    "What should we do today?" asked Baekhyun after the meal was completely demolished. Kai, satiated and happy, almost purred as Baekhyun allowed the younger man to lean against him and nuzzle into his neck.

    Kris looked at them fondly, feeling the warmth in his chest that he observed so often now unfurl quickly and envelop his body in a cocoon. "We could just stay at home," he suggested, voice low and slow even as his eyelids began to droop again. The pitter patter of the rain was the perfect background for his thoughts. "We could stay in bed all day, under the covers, with each other. For lunch and dinner, we could eat more of Kyungsoo's kimchi spaghetti."

    "We could play some games," Kai added, smiling happily. "I like staying in bed all day."

    "But you can't sleep," Baekhyun said, pressing a quick kiss to Kai's lips. "If you fall asleep, you know what Kris will do."

    Kai sighed, and Baekhyun observed the red tint of his cheeks before laughing slightly and leaning over the table to kiss Kris as well. "I like it too. Let's have a stay inside day. Just the three of us."

    "Just the three of us," Kai agreed, and Kris smiled.

    Just the three of them sounded about right. The pitter patter of the rain was the perfect setting for their perfect lazy day.