Dream come true

Brighter Days When The World Is Ending (with Yonghwa and Shin Hye)

  That night I laid in bed with one hand on a half torn up blanket and the other on my heart. I turned to my dad. Dad, do wishes really come true? He looked at me in amazement, he took me onto his lap and held my head to his chest. Then he spoke.  You know your mother always use to say all your wishes will come true, as long as you believe . He smiled and for the first time ever since my mother died I felt loved. His dark brown eyes met with mine and he hugged me tighter, a tear came down his cheek. Don't cry dad, it wasn't your fault. I know honey, I just miss her that's all. I sat in his lap until I fell asleep. All I could think about was my mother, I missed her so much, but every time I tried thinking good things I thought of the day of our car accident. It was a dreadful day, but it's all I could remember, I was only 3, now I was 10. If I had the chance I would save her, but I didn't save her, she saved me. It was a sunny day and we were all happy, when all of a sudden a truck blew a red light and crashed into our lane. As the car tumbled and turned she wrapped her arms around me, protecting me from the glass and other flying parts from the car. The next day we all woke up in the hospital, all except for my mom. Two nurses approached my dad. I didn't correctly know how to talk so most of it sounded like a different language, all I could hear and understand was. Your wife didn't make it she was in......when she died. At that moment I couldn't believe it she risked her own life for me, a child, her child. We all made it out with only bruises and cuts, well almost all. From that day on I held onto that blanket because she gave it to me, hand made and stitched. After a few minutes the thought was gone and I resumed to the real world, I dreamt about a new house with everything I ever wanted, but when I woke up it wasn't just a dream, it was real.