Almost In Love

Brighter Days When The World Is Ending (with Yonghwa and Shin Hye)

It was a normally foggy and sad day like usual. My sister, my dad, and I were walking to Yong Hwa’s house to get our daily turkeys and loaf of bread. He walked over to us with a smile. “Here are your tur-“he stopped. Then he blushed and looked at me. “Umm…. H, h, Hi. What’s your name?” he asked very shyly. I replied quickly and quietly. “Shin Hye…” We both stopped. It was a weird and awkward silence for 1 whole minute. He looked at my dad. “May I take her somewhere for a short minute?” he asked. My eyes enlarged. I looked at my sister and my sister looked at me. “Um... Sure.” My dad said. He put his hand out for my hand. “Are you coming or not?” As I took his hand I looked at my sister, she smiled then winked at me; at that second I knew that we had the same thought. After my hand was tight on his we raced to the backyard, I didn’t even move a step, he ran so fast that I couldn’t even run that fast so I dragged my feet as he ran. I looked at him as he ran, that was the first ever time I have ever seen him smile besides when he gives poor people food. I could tell that he was happy but, what for? Then he stopped we were there, in his backyard, I stopped and stared at the blossom tree that was in his backyard. It was so beautiful. He looked at me and I looked at him. I smiled at him that was the first time I have ever smiled at anyone. We sat on opposite side of the tree. He started to talk. “For a long time now I have been looking for someone to sit next to by this tree and wait for sunset, will you be that person?” My mouth dropped but I still managed to say yes. We scooted next to each other and waited till sunset. I held his hand and he smiled. Two leaves fell from the blossom tree just before sunset started, I saw him pick up the leaf and blow it away, and I did the same. As soon as the sunset started he said what he wished he had then I said what I wished I had and I said I wished I had a real house, then we were quiet, the sunset started to go down and it was so beautiful, for once in my life I found something much prettier then food, I found him.