A bit later..

Our Diary - A New Life

AN: Yaay, I finally have time to update this story :D So..enjoy I guess? x33333

KataKatica


A few years after their first meeting, Kibum and Jonghyun were best friends. They hang out as much as they could, and when one of them was busy, the other would sit at him impatiently, wanting to play. Jonghyun's mother was really happy that her baby boy had a new friend, especially someone like Kibum. When he was in the presence of elders, the boy was really polite and even a bit silent. Even though he always looked a bit nervous, he spoke clearly. Too clearly for a such a small boy. Of course, the woman knew that the little boy was going to be the head of his family when he grew up, but she knew that right now, he shouldn't be this mature, and the remarks that left his mouth sometimes were just plainly ridiculous to come from such a tiny boy. 

Of course, when no one was watching, Kibum was completely different. He could be quite demanding, and he made a fuss out of every small thing. But it didn't mean that he didn't have a huge heart. One time, when Jonghyun wanted to show him how to climb over to his house (Kibum claimed that it was dangerous, and he even if he didn't fall, he would get dirty), after climbing to the other side ​the older boy fell off. He started crying since, he seemed to have injured his leg. The moment he fell, Kibum climbed over to hug his friend. After that, they asked Jonghyun's mom to bandage the small wound on Jonghyun's leg. 

And of course, Kibum could be really shy, even when he was alone with his best friend . One moment, he was teasing the older boy with something silly, then he would suddenly blush and turn away. It was liked he remembered something. Of course, he always said that it was really hot.

That day, they were playing in Kibum's garden once again. Kibum asked his nanny if Jonghyun could come, though she wouldn't have cared, even if he didn't ask. As long as he was safe, and not a rebel, he could do anything he wanted. Jonghyun never really understood this. Even though his parents worked a lot, they always found a way to spend lot of time with him. 

So, the boys were sitting next to each other in the huge sandbox, trying to build a huge sand castle. Kibum seemed to love the sight the clumsily made sand object, so Jonghyun tried to build another, bigger one. As he was grabbing some sand for the castle, he accidentally destroyed the other. Kibum's eyes widened, and filled with tears. He had lost his trust in his friend, who at first didn't even notice the tiny 'diva's' problem.

'Bummie, what happened? Do you have sand in your eyes?' Jonghyun asked worriedly as he reached over to touch the boy's teary cheeks. 

'Leave me alone!' Kibum snapped, glaring at the other.' You killed my castle!' he said, his voice now much quieter as he sniffed. As Jonghyun realized what he had done, he could feel guilt wash over him.

'Oh Bummie, I am  sorry. I just wanted to build you a bigger one,  'cause you like it..' Jonghyun said as he tried to hug his friend  close. At first the boy tried to pull away, but his sniffles died down, and he returned the hug.

'Let's build a bigger one, Jongie!' he said, smiling but his eyes were still a bit teary. Jonghyun grinned, and nodded. 

'Ok Bummie..' he said, and the two of them played together again.

 After a few hours, it was time for Jonghyun to go home. He pouted, but he knew that his Umma was waiting for him with a tasty meal, and then, she would read stories for him. He hugged Kibum once more, who blushed for some reason, then Jonghyun went home.

His mother was waiting for him, with a huge smile on her face, as always.

'Hi Jongie~' she cooed, hugging her son. The boy hugged back, and they went to eat soon after that. Jonghyun loved the meals his Umma made. They were always really tasty, and while eating they would joke around happily. Suddenly he remembered how sad his Bummie looked last night when he had invited him over, and seemingly he didn't even know that mealtime was spent like this normally. The younger boy looked really confused and lonely, Jonghyun just wanted to hug him, and tell him that he won't be lonely. He knew that something was off with the boy's family.. He wasn't a 5 year old anymore, he noticed the small boy's insecurity when his parents were in a room with him.

After dinner, Jonghyun took a shower and went to sleep. He hugged his stuffed dinosaur tightly to his chest, and fell asleep, thinking about his best friend.

The next morning, as always, Jonghyun went to the fence, to see if Kibum was out. But he wasn't. Usually, he would be the one to wake up before the older, so Jonghyun was pretty confused. He waited for a while, until Kibum's nanny appeared suddenly.

'I am sorry, but Master Kibum can't come outside today. His teacher is here, so he is going to study today..' she explained.

'Teacher? Shouldn't Bummie go to school?' Jonghyun asked, a confused expression on his face. He had already started school, but it was the summer break right now.

'He doesn't go to public school, he is homeschooled..' the woman explained. Jonghyun always thought that they just went to different schools, but he know understood why he never saw his friend leave in the morning.. 'Must be lonely for him..' he thought as he waved to the nanny, and went back home. 'And seriously, who has to study in the summer?' he added to his thoughts as he sat down on his little bench, pouting..