Friends

Our Diary - A New Life

AN: Well.. here is the first chapter of Our Diary - A New Life. I hope you'll enjoy this fanfiction :3 I suggest you to listen to sad music as you read this chapter or at least the first part.. Just saying~ (because happy music just doesn't match this..)

Oh, and if you like this story, please check out my other stories too. Thank you x333 


Kim Kibum wasn't happy. Not at all. His five-year-old mind still couldn't accept the death of his sister. Of course, he was told that his sister just.. went away for a while, but he was smarter than that. For countless night, he cried for his sister. He wanted her back. But he knew that she wasn't coming back. Even though it was many months ago now, he could still remember everything about her. He had a feeling that normally he shouldn't be able to remember her, but he didn't care. He just wanted her back. She was his only friend, and now, he was feeling lonely. He hugged his stuffed bear - a gift from his sister - tightly as tears gathered into his eyes. 'I.. I want her back!' he whispered softly. His parents came running to him, trying to calm him down. As his mother petted his hair gently, he couldn't calm down. Ever since Rea died, his mother touches couldn't comfort him anymore. And it wasn't because he had changed. No. Everyone around him seemed like they cared for him only because he was the only one. He wasn't loved anymore. And he could feel it. He could remember another mother. Another mother who cared for him much more then his mother. No one liked him anymore. Sniffing, he freed himself from the woman's touch and he curled up on the grass. He wanted her to go away, but of course she didn't. The boy was important - for business. She had to admit that she preferred Rea when it came to her children. Kibum was like he wasn't hers. She knew that she should have loved them equally, because deep in her mind, it seemed like she was doing something ​wrong ​but she couldn't come to love Kibum. And she missed Rea much more than she would ever miss this boy.

Another boy, a much happier was on the other side of the iron fence that separated the two huge gardens. He was chasing butterflies happily. His nanny told him to be careful, and he was. Because that way he could go outside and have fun. Suddenly, his ears picked up a soft sound. Crying was heard from the other side of the fence. He always wanted to see who lived there, but his nanny told him not to. 'I shouldn't go..' he thought. He was responsible for his age. 'But someone is crying..' he added in thought. His curiosity won. As he climbed on top of the fence a bit clumsily, he saw something that shocked him more, than anything before. It was the most.. ​beautiful ​little boy on the other side. He was very small and thin, with dark brown hair, and strangely cat-like eyes. But he was crying. His pretty eyes were red, and his cheeks were stained with his tears. Jonghyun wanted to stop his crying. He was too pretty to cry. Suddenly, the boy picked up his head as he noticed that someone was staring at him. His mother let out a relieved sigh as the boy stopped crying, and she quickly left him in the care of his nanny. The other boy could see that the woman didn't like the little boy. He didn't understand why. The little boy was too pretty to hate.. Smiling shyly at him, Jonghyun waved with his right hand, clinging to the fence with the other.

'Hi~ I'm Jonghyun..' he said. The little boy smiled back very softly as he stood up and walked to the fence slowly. 

'I am Kibum..'he whispered, looking back to his nanny to see if she was watching him. She was, but she didn't really seem to care. 'Wanna come here? ' he asked Jonghyun, surprising even himself. 

Jonghyun grinned, his puppy like eyes shining. 'Of course. Just get out of the way~' he said as he climbed to Kibum's side of the fence and jumped down with a small battle cry. Kibum giggled freely as he clapped with his tinny hands. Jonghyun grinned even more, feeling happy that the little boy - or Kibum - ​seemed to be much happier. '​He seems even prettier when he's happy..' he thought. He wanted to know why the boy was sad, but he decided against asking. 

'Hey, can we play something?' Kibum asked suddenly, his voice very shy, as if he had been forbidden to play before. 

'Of course!' Jonghyun said and smiled at the other boy encouragingly. 

Kibum seemed really happy, but something in his eyes told Jonghuyn that he was still sad. 'You are it!' Jonghyun said suddenly, and tapped the boy's shoulder gently, then he ran off. Kibum blinked, than started chasing the older boy as quickly as his short legs could allow him. 

Both little boys were laughing as they continued to chase each other. Kibum seemed to have forgotten about his mother, and his nanny still didn't care about him running around. She would only care if something happened to him, and even as a small boy, Kibum knew it. And he knew why.. Because he wasn't Rea. Because he wasn't his sister. 

Jonghyun stopped when Kibum seemed to stop abruptly. The little boy's eyes filled with tears as he remembered that he was alone. Because he knew that Jonghyun would leave him as well. Jonghyun couldn't bear seeing the tears in the boy's eyes, so he just hugged him. 'Shh, Bummie.. Don't cry..' he soothed the other boy.

'B..Bummie?' the small boy sniffed, trying to wipe his tears away. Jonghyun nodded with a small smile.'

'Of course, friends have nicknames, don't they?' he asked, and Kibum nodded with a teary smile. Both knew that the nickname meant more that, but they didn't say anything about it.

'The you are Jongie.' Kibum said as he smiled up at the other boy. And for a moment, he was happy, because he had a friend.