Clueless

I don't know how to tell you this...

 

[Narrator's POV]

 

Kim was having a great time at her boyfriend’s monthly, weekend night, pool party. She was just fooling around with her friends in the water and gossiping about all the latest things that have happened at school the week before. She realized her boyfriend get out of the pool by himself and enter his house, she just thought he went to grab something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Background]

Kim was still getting use to the fact that the schools best rapper and well known handsome boy asked her out just two and a half months ago. After a couple of dates she already felt comfortable being around him and he just straight out asked her to be his girlfriend. Since that day she has been the happiest girl in the world. Even before he confessed to you he would throw these monthly parties, but he just recently told her that now he has her, there’s more meaning to him throwing these parties. To celebrate the fact that he has has.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Your POV]

 

He never left his parties like this, never for this long anyway and the fact that no one but you realized his absence really ticked you off. So you excused yourself from your friends, quickly got yourself out of the pool and made your way to his back door, this led you straight to the kitchen, here you found Mrs. Hanee, his housekeeper who was almost like a mother to him they were so close. You bowed and asked her if she’s seen him.

“Ahh neh ____, he went into his room about 15 minutes ago.”
“Oh? He hasn’t come out since? Not even once?” You asked, shocked.
“Ani…” Mrs. Hanee replied, “He’s been acting a little different lately ____-sshi, I’m getting a bit worried, I haven’t approached him though because he knows if he needs anything that he can come to me, if not that means he’ll be ok. This is what he told me."
“Ahhh… neh neh neh, I’ll go check on him, but first things first… can I please borrow one of his shirts? I’m freezing!” You say hugging yourself to keep warm.

When Mrs. Kim comes back with one of his favourite baggy shirts, you put it on and both make your way to his room. Just as you reach his door you both jump back in shock as it opens revealing a weak looking Yongguk. He was holding pieces of black paper in his hands, he forced a small smile.

“I’ll leave you to be then.” Mrs. Hanee addressed, you could hear the worry in her voice, she bowed to both you and Yongguk before quickly making her way back to the kitchen to check from the window that everyone at the party was still behaving.

“Oppa… gwenchanah?” You stuttered as he walked towards you, you backed up slowly crashing into the wall behind you. He stands dead in front of you and hands you the pieces of black paper, you had so many questions, so many thoughts, but with one glance into his eyes you could tell that he just wanted you to read so you did as his eyes instructed. As you did we just watched.

The pieces of paper had pictures of you or him or you both together, and was covered in silver writing that was structured like a letter.

It started off like so:

“Yeobo,

I love you, you know I do but there’s something that I need to get off my chest and this is the only way I can. I’m sorry I wasn’t strong enough to use my words… I know I look big and masculine but at the end of the day, I am still just a man... Mianhae…

As you know in school I am known as the cool rapper guy, or the guy with the low voice, even though I have nicknames and seem well known. I’ve never been that one guy that everyone knows and loves. That ‘popular’ guy at the school. Even in my old school, there was the ‘cool’ guy that could basically sweep any girl he wanted off her feet and she wouldn’t have any objection. And yet again, I was just the guy that people saw but never knew. “

You go to the next page with a confused look on your face, your heart beating irregularly.

“I guess what I’m trying to get at here is that, you are an amazing girl, you saw me properly, for who I was when nobody else did. You wanted to get to know me not just use me for my looks and money. I thought to myself how in my wildest dreams could a girl this pretty with a heart of pure gold, see me for who I am and love it? Even though these last few months have been the best of my life, I have come to the realization that…”

You read the next sentence and knew where this was getting at but you didn’t want to keep reading, your heart beat faster and faster, you had the papers in your left hand and you slowly grabbed for Yongguk with your right, you s your arm around his waist and grabbed him, pulled him closer to you for comfort, for proof that he was still there. He knew where you were at in the letter and grabbed you too but kept quiet.

“You are too good for me. You deserve so much better than me ____. And even though this hurts me so, I know now that if I love you enough…

I

Have

To

Let

You

Go…”