Lesson Four

Lessons To Be Learnt

Lesson Four

 

If there was just one person Oh Sehun could dislike, it would be that new trainee, Luhan.

He had heard that Luhan came over to study in Yonsei University, which was one of the top three universities in Korea. And the reason he had gotten into SM was because he got street casted due to his pretty boy face. While he was shopping.

How was this fair? Sehun had trained really hard just to get in! He had to audition for two years before he made it, while all Luhan had to do was show his pretty face and he was in.

He had expected everyone else in the company to dislike him as, since he was new and not Korean. But to Sehun's shock, everyone had taken a liking to him instead. They said that he was outgoing, friendly, and humble. He could sing decently too! Being good-looking was only a bonus. He became the new 'it' topic in the company.

No. Dislike would be too light a word to use for Luhan. At this point, Sehun didn't think that he could ever become friends with him.

Adding to that, Luhan's dancing had also improved drastically after the first day, so much so that their dance instructor had commended him. Even Jongin hyung had taken an interest in him. Thus, Sehun was not at all amused when Luhan had transferred to his advanced dance class, walked up to him, bowed and told him in a foreign accent, "Hello! I'm Luhan, and I'm new here. Please take care of me!"

Like he even needed any taking care of, Sehun mentally scoffed.

Sehun's distaste for him grew even more when even Soojung started talking about him, gushing about how good-looking he was, how he talented and smart he was, how he was sure to debut soon-

"Soojung-ah." Sehun stopped and turned to the said girl, who bumped into his chest in return.

"Ouch! Why did you stop halfway?" Soojung rubbed her head and pouted slightly.

"Will you quit talking about Luhan? He isn't as good as all of you make him out to be," he said, sounding a bit annoyed.

Soojung raised both of her eyebrows and went closer to him, punching his shoulder gently. "Hmm... Do I smell jealousy?"

Sehun backed away from her, crossing his arms in frustration. "Of course not! Why would I be jealous of that pretty boy? Everyone's just lusting after him because of his looks."

"Says the one who's an ulzzang," Soojung whistled.

Sehun rolled his eyes and puffed. "For the last time, I don't think I'm-"

"Hello!" A different voice caused both of them to turn. Luhan stood in front of them, holding a bottle of water.

Sehun could hear Soojung gasp. "H-hi!" She quickly bowed. Luhan, in return, bowed to her as well.

Typical of Soojung to get flustered over pretty boys when she had already debuted, Sehun figured. But he wasn't about to give Luhan the same treatment as well. So all he did was give a curt wave.

Luhan probably sensed the hostility in Sehun's greeting, because he immediately bowed once again and told them, "Ah, I better get back to practice. I'll see you soon. Oh, and Krystal-sunbaenim, congratulations on your debut!" Then he quickly walked off.

And so Sehun was faced with a fairly annoyed Soojung, who had her hands to her hips and her eyes squinted at him. He softly mouthed a "What?" and Soojung let out a sigh from her lips.

"Seriously Sehun oppa," Soojung began, letting her hands run through her hair. "If you want to be jealous of Luhan-ssi, just be, but don't openly show it. The last time I checked, he hasn't offended you or anything, so what's with your attitude? You're never going to survive in the entertainment world if you're always wasting your time and energy being jealous of others."

Sehun opened his mouth to protest, but Soojung cut him off. "But I'm really curious. Why do you hate him so much?"

He could think of countless of reasons. Luhan's too smart. Luhan's too good at singing. Luhan's too good at dancing. Luhan's too good-looking.

But all of them wouldn't be valid reasons.

Sehun bit his lips and thought hard. Luhan was practically everything he wasn't. If he could wish... he would wish that he could be just as talented as him. Maybe he was just a tinge bit jealous. Just a tinge.

He scratched his head. Soojung was still waiting for his response.

"Um... I don't hate him. It's just that he's so good in all aspects, so I... envy him? I guess it just changed into something a bit more negative..."

"So you're jealous of him."

"I'm not! The word is envy. Envy."

"Right," Soojung grinned and winked. "Still, you shouldn't have been so mean to him! Did you see how hurt he was just now?!"

Sehun looked down. "Well, what's done has been done. What do you expect me to do?"

She pulled him in direction Luhan walked. "Apologise of course! And maybe try to be more friendly with him. You can't afford to be enemies with anyone. Who knows? You guys might end up as group mates in future."

They stopped in front of a practice room. Music was booming from inside.

"I don't think it's a good idea Soojung. I don't think we can be friends after what I did. He might not like me." Sehun was desperate to go anywhere but inside.

However, Soojung was insistent. "Come on! You never know unless you try! You've never gotten to know him, so how would you know what the outcome is? I'll bet you guys will become great friends!"

In the end, after much thought, Sehun gave in. Soojung was ecstatic. "I know you can do it!" She gave him a thumbs up and Sehun couldn't help but laugh. He was about to turn the doorknob when Soojung suddenly grabbed his arm.

"Oh yeah! Luhan-ssi reminded me of something. Stop calling me Soojung! It's Krystal from now on! Remember it!"

There was a momentary silence that came between them.

"... Soojung."

"Hey!"

 

 

The door hinges creaked. Luhan stopped dancing and turned to the door. Sehun stood there, unable to advance forward.

He mentally cursed Soojung for running away. What was he supposed to tell Luhan? He hadn't exactly rehearsed his lines, so both of them just stared at each other, not knowing what to do.

"Hi...?" Luhan said, giving him a warm but nervous-looking smile.

Sehun cleared his throat. "Hey. Um... I'm sorry for just now. I just thought... We should be friends?"

Luhan blinked a few times before he broke out into a genuine smile. "Ah, yes! Yes, we should be friends! Sehun right?"

He nodded his head, and spotted Luhan's water bottle on the floor. "Yeah... How about we go out for bubble tea? The bubble tea shop nearby is pretty good. Have you been there?"

Luhan's eyes twinkled. "I haven't! Let's go there now!"

 

 

Sehun wouldn't admit it, but he was glad he took Soojung's advice. Because soon, Luhan and him were best buddies that wouldn't separate from each other. He had gained a new friend, which wouldn't have been possible without her pestering. Jealousy really was bad.

 

 

But being thankful to her didn't mean she could constantly pester him to introduce her to Luhan - "Hey, I helped you, and this is how you repay me?!" - because Luhan was his best buddy, and not hers.

 

~~~

 

[A/N] Hey~ I know I updated late. I'm sorry, Tumblr got the better of me ;-;

Anyway, I introduced Luhan into this chapter. That's coz Sehun is jealous. LOL. Don't let jealous get to your head guise! It's bad no matter. It just ruins everything. And in all honesty, I've always imagined their friendship to have gone along the lines like that. Don't ask me why. :P

This isn't totally HunHan though! Spot the SeStal interaction? ;) Krystal calls Luhan 'Luhan-ssi' while she calls Sehun 'Sehun oppa'. Likewise, Sehun doesn't want to call her 'Krystal'. I didn't really elaborate on this, but basically, if you call someone by his/her real name instead of stage name, it most likely means they're close. Sehun doesn't want to seem far apart from Krystal you see :) Depends on how you interpret it though!

Do you guys know of the kimbap incident? I wanted to write that in! But there wasn't anywhere I thought it could fit in :/ So I didn't. Still sour about it... :(

And I get many comments saying something like 'Hey Krystal seems like a guardian angel to Sehun' which in a way is correct, but I prefer thinking that Krystal wants to help Sehun, and help as in help-without-much-thought type of help. Guardian angel sounds... forced. Haha XD

I hope you can feel them getting closer as the chapters pass. Do you have this feeling? If you do, please tell me! Because I really want to know, hehe ^^

Going to sleep now. Thank you for reading and I hope I see you in the next chapter! :) And if you like LuYoon, check out my story, Superman? ;)