Chapter Two

Dramatic Precauations

 

I woke up in the hospital with Yoseob sleeping in a chair next to my bed. Seeing him made me smile until I realized what had happened. I'd passed out in front of him. When he woke up, he'd demand an excuse most likely. He might even be mad at the fact I wasn't really taking care of myself. He began to stir in his sleep and I watched him slowly wake up. He looked around the room before going back to looking at me. The yelling I was prepared for didn't come. Instead, Yoseob took my hand and looked at me like I was someone that he didn't know.
"Why?" he questioned.
"How else am I supposed to look like all these other female idols?"
Yoseob was confused with my answer.
"Why would you even want to look like them? You're... you. You're my friend. Looks don't matter to you."
"They do if I want even the slightest chance with you!"
The words came out of my mouth before I could stop them. If I wasn't so worn out, maybe I'd have freaked out that I basically confessed.
"What?" Yoseob asked.
I really didn't want to have to tell Yoseob about my plan. That is however what I found myself doing.
"I can't compare to all these other girls out there. Why have me when you could have one of the pretty idols? So I became a trainee to be with you. Then I noticed how thin most were and decided I needed to diet to get you to notice me as more than your pal from back then."
Yoseob let go of my hand and I looked from my hand to his eyes. It was my turn to be confused as he looked hurt. 
"I'm such an idiot," he said getting up from his chair. 
I watched him pace the room and tried to think of anything to say to him. 
"Yoseob..."
He stopped pacing and his head snapped to face me.
"I understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore."
"Not be your friend? That's crazy!" he exclaimed and sat back down. "I'm just mad at myself. If I had told you how I felt before I debuted like I intended, then you wouldn't have almost starved yourself to death."
"How you felt?" I asked, becoming anxious.
"I was missing all of my friends. But you, I missed you even more than the rest. I knew what I felt and I thought about telling you. But then I thought after debuting things were going to be crazy and I wouldn't have been able to be the boyfriend I would have wanted to be. So I decided against telling you."
I reached out to grab his hand, barely missing it. Yoseob smiled as he extended his hand the rest of the way and held onto mine.
"So to sum it up, we were both idiots who should have said something a long time ago," I said.
"Sounds about right," Yoseob said. "Now I promise to be the best boyfriend even when I'm promoting as long as you promise to eat."
"Deal."
Yoseob got up and kissed my forehead before leaving me to rest. As much as he would have liked to stay, his comeback was just around the corner and he needed to finish preparations. 
A nurse soon came in with my dinner and I made sure to eat every last bite. The thought that I'd tried to change for someone who had already liked me made me feel stupid. All this time spent on a plan, when it wasn't even necessary. 
To be sure that I was eating like I should, they kept me there for two days. My parents took me where I recieved a lecture about eating right. I left CUBE after much discussion with Yoseob. The two of agreed it wasn't right for me. So I stuck to supporting my boyfriend in his latest comeback.