Fate [Jung Yuhi & Lee Byunhun/L.Joe]

Sealed With Love [One-shot request shop~ not taking any more requests]

I was walking to class when I felt a pair of arms around my waist pulling me back. Naturally, I screamed and hit the person in the face, but I felt guilty when I heard his voice. I slowly turned around to face the person and smiled sheepishly as he continued to groan in pain. I had accidently poked him the eye making his eye water a lot and I had also accidently scratched him with my long-ish nails.

 

“Aish, Yuhi, I know you used to hate me but do you still have to attack me like that?” he asked me in a low tone. I winced and pulled away from him to study the scratch that was bleeding lightly. I brought my hand to his face and swiped my forefinger across the scratch wiping the blood off from it. He smiled cheekily at me and tapped on his cheek. “Kiss it better?” he pouted.

 

I scowled at him and blew him a kiss. He frowned and tapped his cheek again; I sighed and checked the hallways for any students. It was still quite early so most of them haven’t arrived yet. Rolling my eyes, I quickly leaned in and pecked his cheek, leaving him very satisfied.

 

Seeing us act like this makes it hard to believe that we were once enemies right? Well, we were. We’re complete opposites; I’m the happy, optimistic type whereas he’s the cold hearted kingka. He likes to break rules, I like to follow rules. See opposites. So I’m guessing you’re wondering how we’re together. I never thought we would be together. I had always hated him since the day he played that joke on our middle school principal but somehow we ended up together. It all happened when we were partnered up for a history project.

 

I was against it at first but we couldn’t change partners, our history teacher was really strict about our assigned partners. She said it’s something about it helping our social skills and that we’ll be grateful for her strictness with assigned partners in the future. So on our first meeting I did the majority of the work. All he did was sit around and order more coffee and I got annoyed so we went to the library but he just hit on girls there. He barely said two sentences to me and it irritated me. I eventually yelled at him and told him to stop slacking off. He was taken by surprise since I never really yell at anyone. I was the innocent, quiet but outgoing Jung Yuhi, who was always happy. After my blow up he started to do some work, it wasn’t a tremendous lot but at least he did some and we actually got a decent grade for our project.

 

After that we began to tolerate each other more. We didn’t argue with each other as often as we did and I didn’t hate him anymore, just disliked. I guess I began to fall from him when he saved me from falling down a flight of stairs. It was like one of those movie moments. He caught me and we stared at each for what felt like minutes but in reality it was only seconds. Without saying anything he let go of me and coughed awkwardly before leaving me in a daze. After that it was like fate wanted us to meet again and have another encounter like that as I was tripped up by some girls on purpose making my books and essays fly everywhere. L.Joe was there to help me pick them up and he told the three girls to never do that again if not they’ll regret it. I couldn’t help my heart pounding for him. He was like the prince that everyone was waiting for, apart from this one was cold, but it didn’t affect my feelings towards him. After he had helped me he took me to the nurse’s office as my knee was bleeding quite badly. Before he could leave I had to ask him why he always helped me, every time he saw me get hurt he could have walked away like he would have done if it was any other person but he never does to me, and  he told me it was because he kinda liked me. And that’s our story. He’s still pretty cold but he has thawed a little, only around me though.

 

No one knows of our relationship apart from my best friend Krystal. We just act like two normal school mates when we’re in school. I’m afraid that my brother Jinyoung will find out and tell my parents. You see, my parents are really strict and don’t allow me to date, if they did I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t approve of L.Joe anyways. I love my parents, that’s why I try and follow all of their rules but I can’t keep myself from him. I just can’t.

 

“I’ll be in class later,” he mumbled, looking a little distracted. I brushed off my worried feelings and nodded as I gave him a bright smile. He returned a small smirk, the smirk that made my heart going crazy.

 

I walked into the classroom and laid my head on the table waiting for the teacher to come in for first period. About 10 minutes later, a bunch of boys came running in yelling that there’s a fight, they didn’t say who but I had a bad feeling so I followed them – almost our whole class did – and when we arrived to the scene I realised why I had such a bad feeling about it. It was L.Joe and my brother, the people I care about. I froze momentarily but then I ran inside the ring and tried to pull them apart.

 

“Yuhi this doesn’t involve you,” Jinyoung shouted as he was blocking L.Joe’s punches. I squealed as he hit Jinyoung in the face making his nose bleed.

 

“Walk away oppa. Stop this. I don’t want you to get hurt,” I screeched, almost at the brink of tears. I didn’t want to see them getting hurt.

 

“I’m not walking away until this jackass gets what he deserves,” he told me as he pushed L.Joe to the floor and pressed a foot on his chest so he couldn’t get up.

 

“Stop please,” I begged both of them but they didn’t listen and continued to fight.

 

“Mr Jung & Mr Lee report to the princpal’s office this instant,” Mr Kim pushed in through the crowds and pulled apart the boys. I didn’t even realise I was crying until Krystal latched her arm around my shoulders and wiped my face with a tissue. I hated seeing the both of them hurt. Both had blood running down their faces, Jinyoung was worst than L.Joe.

 

“They’re just stupid,” Krystal whispered comfortingly to me. I squeezed my eyes shut letting the tears fall down.

---

The rest of the day I couldn’t concentrate. I didn’t see either Jinyoung or L.Joe for the rest of the day. I was so scared that they had been expelled or something. That was the last thing I wanted.

 

“Oppa what was that?!” exclaimed as I walked in the front door to see Jinyoung lying there with an ice pack pressed to his face. He groaned and took off the ice pack to move his jaw and winced from the pain.

 

“You don’t have to start Yuhi, I already got an earful from mum and dad,” he grunted and sat up.

 

“So what did the principal say?”

 

“Suspended for 3 days. Mum and dad grounded me for a month and I have to do all the chores as well. She threatened to send me to Busan to live with our cousins if I did that again,” he complained.

 

“Well, it was your fault…” I mumbled as I took the ice pack from him and pressed it on his cheek.

 

“No it – whatever, I don’t feel like arguing right now. Oh yeah little sis, mum and dad want to see you in the study. They said it was important,” Jinyoung told me. I sighed and tossed the ice pack at him before going to the study to see mum and dad.

 

I lightly knocked on the big oak door. Once I heard a ‘come in’ I pushed down the golden knob and walked into the spacious room to see my parents at the study desk reading some sort of file.

 

“Jinyoung told me that you wanted to see me,” I said.

 

They nodded and beckoned me over. I obeyed and sat opposite them. They closed the file and slid it over to me.

 

“You know how we always talked about how we would like you to marry the Lee’s son, well we’ve decided that you’re at the right age to be engaged to him,” my father announced.

 

I abruptly stood up and said, “I can’t,” but when I realised how unreasonable I was being I sat back down again and cleared my throat. “I mean, when will I get to meet him?”

 

“He goes to the same school as you, Lee Byunghun is his name, but you’ll get to meet him officially in a week’s time when the Lee’s come over for dinner to discuss the marriage plans,” my mother told me. Lee Byunghun. I’m pretty sure I didn’t know anyone with that name…

 

“Okay, is that all?” I asked, standing up ready to leave. They nodded.

 

Me being engaged? I knew this would have happened eventually but I was surprised that it was happening now.  I was only 17, and I haven’t even had a proper boyfriend yet. L.Joe and I didn’t really count as boyfriend and girlfriend; I didn’t really know what we were.

 

L.Joe. How was I supposed to tell him? I couldn’t. I had to hide this from him. I knew I would have to eventually tell him but it isn’t something you can just start a conversation with, like “hey, um in a month or so I’ll be getting married”. Seriously, no.

---

Today was the day I meet with my fiancé. I haven’t seen L.Joe since the fight between him and my brother. He hasn’t picked up any of my calls either. I don’t know what that means; does that mean that we’re over? I should have expected it from him; he was nothing but a cold heartbreaker. I suppose that makes it easier for me…

 

I was nervous about meeting Lee Byunghun. Since hearing that name escape my parents’ lips I tried to find him around the school but I didn’t find anyone called Lee Byunghun. That was just annoying. Apparently he’s a nice boy but he’s a little distant and cold so that’s why his parents chose me as his fiancé. They hoped that I could be the girl to break down his walls and make him smile a little more. I wasn’t sure I was the right girl for that job but my parents and his parents seem to think so. I just hoped that they didn’t expect too much of me because I hated to disappoint my parents.

 

I glanced in the mirror and tightened the sash that rested around my waist. My mum walked in and saw me slightly struggling. She smiled and walked over to me to tie a perfect bow. She gripped me by the shoulders and turned me around, brushing a piece of hair into the loose bun. I smiled weakly at her. I was happy; I was fulfilling my parents’ wishes. They were happy and so was I. That’s what I thought anyways.

 

“Come on darling,” she ushered. I followed her downstairs to the dining room where a family was sitting already.

 

“This is the Lee family Yuhi,” my dad told me. I nodded and bowed with a bright smile as the parents greeted me politely. Beside them was sat a boy not much older than me. He didn’t move; his mother leaned over and smacked his arm. He scowled at her before standing up and turning around to face me. A gasp escaped my lips when I saw who it was.

 

“L.Joe,” I whispered. His eyes were widened with shock as well. We stood there frozen for a second. I quickly recomposed myself and bowed, “Hello, I’m Jung Yuhi.”

 

“I know Yuhi,” he chuckled lowly.

 

“You know each other?” my mother asked, surprised. I nodded stiffly.

 

“Yeah…” I replied, trying to avoid his eyes.

 

“I guess that’s even better. We can move the wedding up then. The quicker you two are married the better,” my father told me. I scowled slightly but replaced it quickly with a faked smile.

 

“Brilliant,” I exclaimed in false excitement.

---

“Coincidental right?” I laughed nervously as the two of us sat outside on the porch as the parents talked. He sighed heavily.

 

“You didn’t tell me,” he told me in an annoyed tone. I narrowed my eyes at him and shook my head.

 

“Neither did you,” I reasoned in a somewhat angry tone. “Why didn’t you? You’re normally the straightforward kind of guy.”

 

“I fell for you Yuhi,” he stated simply. Those were the words that made my heart pound. I blinked at him, replaying his words in my head. “I said that I wouldn’t fall for you and that you would only be a bit of fun but I fell in love with you.”

 

We fell in a deep silence before I mumbled, “So did I…”

 

A grin broke out on his face and his hand found mine. “I’m glad Yuhi,” he whispered as he brought his hand to my cheek and his face inched closer to mine. I closed my eyes expecting his lips on mine, but I heard a cheeky laugh instead. I opened my eyes to see him staring at me in amusement. I glared at him and stood up. “Sorry Yuhi,” he apologised and stood up and grasped my hand again.

 

“That’s so evil, you can’t -”

 

My words were cut off from his lips crashing down on mine. He pulled away quickly and my frowned transformed into a smile that matched his.

 

“My first kiss,” I mumbled.

 

“I’m glad I took it,” he said, pulling me onto his lap.

---

I hope you don’t mind if I changed the plot line a bit. I finally finished this one. I was putting it off a lot… -.-“ Serious laziness haha. I hope you liked it anyways.