Promise Kept

His Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She doesn’t play around with hitting when she thinks she’s gonna get hurt, Jinyoung. You better think twice before doing anything like I did.” The man who was injured by the head said as he held onto it. “Thank you for telling me she was living here, uncle. But that’s what you get for drinking too much.” Jinyoung laughed quietly before sitting across of his uncle. He tilted his head to the side, “But you know, I wonder if she remembers about me or my promise? Do you think she’s still waiting?” His uncle shook his head and shrugged, “I don’t know.” Jinyoung stared at her door before turning to his uncle, “Let’s get you inside and get you fix up.”

 

--

 

A couple weeks later Jinyoung’s heart began to grow lonely, wanting to see her face again. Because he’s been busy he hasn’t been able to peek out of his apartment room to watch her leave for her morning walk like usual. But what he didn’t know was that she’s also been watching him leave for work. She found herself doing this daily just because that one night she spotted him taking out the trash. “How could someone look so perfect taking the trash out?” The thought of it bothered her. Maybe it was because she was tired that night or because he was wearing a white v-neck. She cursed those v-necks, why does she have to be so attracted to them, especially on good looking body figures.

 

He put on a beanie to hide his scarlet hair and wore a black jacket. And before walking to her door, he pulled over the hood and put on a pair of sunglasses. Just when he got to her steps she opened the door and started screaming out loud, getting startled from the sudden body in front of her door. She held her hand close to her chest, trying to control her breathing, “Oh god, you scared me. I’m so sorry for screaming, I probably scared you too.” She bowed to apologize, getting back up to face the stranger. He only chuckled to the side because he remembered how easy it was to scare her. He bowed in apology as she did. Then he lowered his tone to sound different, “It’s alright. I just wanted to give you this.” He handed a folded piece of paper to her and ran off right after she took it. She watched him run out of the apartment building. “What’s this all about?” she thought.

 

Just then she smiled, not at the paper but at a memory. Jinyoung, the one she’s still waiting for, confessed to her in the exact same way. He gave her a note before running back to class. She looked down to the folded paper and opened it. In black ink it read, “Meet me at the park across this apartment building tomorrow morning?” She furrowed her eyebrows, “What?” But she doesn’t even know that guy, why would she do such a thing? Having too many bad thoughts about it she folded the paper, putting it in her pocket and continued to go out to meet her friends, like she planned before the stranger appeared.

 

--

 

She peeked out of her door, waiting for the handsome neighbor of hers to leave for work. It was strange that he hadn’t come out of his apartment yet, he usually comes out right around the same time. She stared at her watch and sighed in disappointment when he didn’t come out. “Does he not have work today?” She grabbed a thin sweater and decided to go for a walk.

 

She sat on one of the swings in the park across of her apartment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter