The Arranged Date

If You Wonder

That morning...

"Whoa," Gikwang said as he stood in the doorway of Hyunseung's room, he walked in forward staring at his friend who was dressed in a black dress shirt and a pair of dark jeans and dress shoes. "Are you really Hyunseung? I think I'm in the wrong house." He said staring at his friend with shocked eyes. Hyunseung chuckled looking back in the mirror at himself. "Where are you going?" Gikwang asked looking in the mirror also, Hyunseung hesitated a moment before answering.

"An interview." He said, an answer that seemed to satisfy Gikwang.

"I didn't know you were looking for another job." Gikwang said, Hyunseung currently was working at a record store downtown and had never mentioned looking for more work since it was enough pay for him to give his share of the rent and still have extra. 

"I'm not really but a great offer came up.." he trailed off a moment seeming to be lost in a thought before shaking his head "I had no choice," He said in a darker voice from before. Gikwang nodded his head not noticing the mood change in his friend. 

-x-

"Good luck at your interview," Yoseob said as Hyunseung was walking out their front door. Hyunseung froze stiffly turning around and nodding at his friend who gave him an encouraging smile. Walking outside Hyunseung quickly got into the black car that was waiting for him outside.

"Morning sweetie," His mother said as soon as he closed the door and they started towards their destination, leaning over she placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Morning," He replied with an annoyed tone.

"Oh please don't hate me, I'm only doing this for your own good. I only want the best for you, you know that right?"  he nodded with a stiff expression that made his mother sigh patting his hand.

"I know, but your father -"

"I knew this was his idea," He hissed moving from his mother. 

"He wants you to take over the company, but he wants you to be settled when doing so."

"Why can't I find someone when my time comes? Like you two did?!" He looked over at his mother who gave him a sympathetic smile "I never even agreed to taking over the business. No matter who it is I'm telling her I'm not interested." He said looking out the window. 

"You can do that, no matter what her parents say I won't tell your father. Just...please sweetie, she's a really sweet girl, she's about...I believe her mother said she was 21 -"

"21?! And she's ready for marriage?!"Hyunseung exclaimed in shock.

"I don't know, honestly your fathers arranaged this." She looked down at her hands before looking out the window."I found out when you did, I'm not ready to give you up either." She said sadly

"Mom," Hyunseung said grabbing his mothers hand and giving it a squeeze forgetting about the anger he had about the situation. 

-x-

​Hyunseung sat at the table in the coffee shop waiting for his 'date' to arrive. Even though he didn't want to be there he couldn't help but look towards the door expectantly every time it opened. Yet no one came who seemed to be looking for someone else. Eventually he stopped looking and just played a game on his phone, before he knew it though the sound of heels was heading in his direction stopping directly next to him. He looked up then back at his phone before slowly looking up again taking in the pink shoes, then legs, then her pink dress finally getting to her face which was visible since her hair was pulled up. He jumped to his feet dropping his phone on the table. 

"Are you..." she started to say 

"Hyunseung," he said nervously before looking away embarrassed. She nodded carefully before biting her lip.

"Did you order already?" She asked softly sitting down in the seat that was across from his.

"No, what would you like?" She opened to reply before stopping herself.

"Why don't you order for me." She said, he nodded walking over to the counter trying to think of what he should get her. 

​He settled on getting her a strawberry banana smoothie for both of them. He really couldn't decide what to pick so he went with what the girls would order sometimes when they went to the coffee shops. When he came back to the table he set down the drink in front of her before sitting down. She smiled taking a sip of the drink obviously satisfied with his choice which pleased him. 

"Do you like -"

"Yes," She said cutting him off before looking down with a blush. "I'm sorry, I'm Hyomin." She said shyly, he nodded

"You already knew my name..." he trailed off getting an awkward nod from her. "I'm sorry you had to come out to this...on a Saturday. I'm sure you had better things to do." He said awkwardly

"No actually I didn't, I normally stay home on weekends and listen to music or go to a concert with my roommate Sunny .." She said with a smile "But I really need to be honest, I don't want to get married." She peeked at him before looking back at her drink "I mean I'm only 21,"

"I know I feel the same," She nodded biting her lip as she played with her straw

"I just - I got out of a kind of bad relationship...well it's been a year honestly but it's hard to move on after dealing with something for 5 years." She frowned as the memories of her past relationship came up in her mind. Hyunseung watched her carefully as she sat across from him, he felt angry. He wasn't sure why but the emotion was slowly building up in him for whoever the guy is who caused her pain. Why though? He only just met her a while ago it hadn't even been an hour. There's something about her that just makes him want to protect her, make her happy. "Oh sorry I'm getting all...sorry I shouldn't. It's just hard I guess." She nodded as if reassuring herself. She then moved on to asking about him and his plans in life.

​As the date continued he couldn't help the feelings he kept having, the questions he had about his sudden feelings. Why would he care about her when that morning he had wanted nothing to do with her after today. Maybe his dad did something right.

​That evening...

"Jihyun," Gayoon said walking into Jihyun's room that night carrying a plastic bag. All the lights were off so she flipped the switch getting some movement from the lump on the bed. She smiled and skipped over to the bed pulling the covers off of Jihyun making her squirm. "Get up big ," She sang hitting Jihyun's playfully.

"I'm in pain," She groaned.

"You're always in pain, I believe it's because you're so old." Gayoon said as Jihyun peeked at her from behind her hair.

"I'm not that much older than you," She said in her defense.

"I know I'm just saying, you're still older. Now, where does it hurt?" She asked opening the bag and pulling out a box of heat strips. Jihyun sighed pointing at her back. "Ah, I should have known, it's always your back." She opened the box and pulled out a strip peeling off the plastic as Jihyun lifted her shirt. Placing the strip on her back, Jihyun sighed instantly feeling the strip working. Gayoon put two more strips on her back making a triangle before standing and pulling at her arm.

"Come on dinner is almost ready," Gayoon said standing. 

"Five more minutes." Jihyun mumbled turning her head away from Gayoon, who rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I'll come and wake you when they're here."she said leaving the room 

~

"There are times like these where I love having you guys as neighbors." Yoseob said from his seat at the table having arrived early to be sure he had one. Jiyoon looked over at him from the island.

"You could try helping make the food instead of always making sure you got a seat at the table." 

"Noona, why are you always so mean?" Yoseob asked catching her off guard.

"YAH! Who said I was mean?!" He just smiled happily seeing that he got a rise out of her. 

"Ah noodles again?" Hyuna asked walking in and taking a seat at the table next to Yoseob. 

"You have a problem with it you can cook." Gayoon said putting the noodles in the middle of the table as the boys started coming in taking their shoes off at the side door.

"Noodles again?" Dongwoon said with a disappointed voice making Gayoon turn towards him with a glare pointing a pair of chopsticks at him.

"If you have such a problem with having noodles all the time you cook!" Jiyoon said taking a seat across from Yoseob.

"I don't know how to cook..." he said rushing to get a seat next to Jiyoon who looked at him a moment before looking away.

"Noodles is fine with me." Gikwang said happily sitting down at one end of the table.

"Thank you, finally someone who just wants to eat and doesn't care what it is." Gayoon said smiling now, of course Gikwang didn't stop there.

"Well I only say that because I know that Jihyun had to do her normal three classes plus one, one of the instructors couldn't make it so she had to fill in." Everyone nodded in understanding.

"That's why she was so tired..." Gayoon said looking at Doojoon as he walking in with Hyunseung and Sohyun behind him.

"What?" He asked looking at her weirdly as he took off his shoes.

"Nothing, just going to wake up Jihyun," she said with a smirk. Hyunseung and Sohyun took their spots at the table quickly getting into conversation with the others as Doojoon moved to the side slightly where Gayoon was. 

"Is she sleep?" He asked curiously.

"Mhm, she's been asleep since she came back after going shopping with Jiyoon today. I had to go and buy her some heat strips since she forgot to pick them up. I'm supposed to go wake her up you see," She said looking at Doojoon expectantly. He nodded taking in what she was saying with a serious look on his face.

"I'll go get her," He said giving her a smile.

"Would you?" Gayoon said though she knew he would go and check on her even if she hadn't pushed him a little.

"Yea, if we aren't up in five minutes you guys just start eating." He said already making his way towards the staircase. Gayoon watched for a moment before going to the table and sitting.

"Let's eat." She said with a grin.

"What about hyung?" Gikwang asked innocently as everyone else started to eat. Gayoon snarled at him giving him a good kick under the table meaning for him to just eat and not ask so many questions.

~

Doojoon walked down the stairs and carefully opened the door to Jihyun's room. The light was on and she was laying on the bed with the blanket off her and her shirt lifted like he was guessing Gayoon left her. He smirked walking in quietly - hoping not to disturb her - reaching her bed he moved to the other side to get a look at her face. She was sleeping peacefully making him not want to wake her even more. Placing a knee on the bed he carefully crawled on the bed so he was next to her. He looked down at her back and sighed, so this is how she feels seeing him after he plays soccer three days straight. When you care about someone you don't like to see them in pain no matter what degree it is. Grabbing her shirt he pulled it down to the white patches weren't showing anymore.

Looking back at her face he smiled carefully laying down next to her. He placed his head on the other pillow so he was facing her. Seeing hair in her face he used his right hand to move some away giving him a better look at her. She's gorgeous, he thought looking at her in awe. A lot of people don't understand why he decided to start dating her, not understanding how he could suddenly want her. The thing those people didn't understand is that he had loved her for a long time. Sure he probably hasn't liked her as long as she liked him but along the way somewhere he started to feel things when he saw her places. His heart would start beating like crazy and he'd get nervous wanting to look at anyone but her. This is how their relationship started getting labeled as awkward. They weren't awkward really. They were just two people who didn't know how to properly express their feelings to one another without loosing confidence. In the end no matter what anyone says, even looking at her when she's exhausted, he finds her to be the more beautiful girl he's ever seen. 

"Wae ~" Jihyun said her voice hoarse from just waking up. Doojoon smiled placing a hand on her face her cheek.

"Hi sleepyhead." He said chuckling.

"What time is it?" she asked closing her eyes again at the feeling of his fingertips

"I'm not sure, the last time I saw a clock everyone was eating." This caught her attention, she opened her eyes in alarm sitting up quickly but came back down as she felt light headed from the fast movement. Doojoon frown knocking her on the head.

"Pabo," He said simply as she scrunched up her face touching the place he just hit lightly. "Come here," He said wrapping his arm around her waste pulling her close into a hug. Her head naturally resting on his chest and he sighed with content. She frowned in confusion.

"Oppa...wae ~" She tried to look at him but from her position it was a little hard.

"Let's just stay like this for a moment before they start searching for us." Jihyun was going to say something but decided against it. Smiling to herself she snuggled closer to him closing her eyes feeling a new found energy.

​New girl, new girl, who is the new girl that we spotted out with HS? She arrived at the coffee shop in a nice car and seems to be pretty wealthy. Wait, could this be...maybe...a marriage date? Could it? I demand to know who this woman is, we can't have just anyone socializing with our HS now can we ladies...fellas too. ~ Trouble Maker