The Basics

If You Wonder

Jihyun the radio in the kitchen before she walked down the hall towards Hyuna’s room. She opened the door quietly poking her head inside, she was still asleep as she suspected. Pushing the door fully open she walked over to Hyuna’s bed and sat on the edge of it.

“Hyuna,” She said softly shaking the girl softly as she continued to sleep. “Hyuna,” She repeated shaking her a little harder getting some form of noise from the girl in response. She giggled shaking her head as she tried to wake her again, this time she actually opened her eyes.  “It’s time to get up,” She said with a smile, Hyuna nodded.

“Come on sleepy head.” She said standing and pulling the covers off of Hyuna who whined feeling the cold air on her skin. “I’m making breakfast so you better hurry before Sohyun wakes up.” Jihyun said before walking out of the room and heading down the hall to wake Sohyun. She opened her door walking into the room but Sohyun sat up in bed.

“Don’t worry unnie, I’m up.” She said with a wave of her hand, Jihyun smiled nodding. She walked back out of the room and back to the kitchen to start the meal with whatever was left in the fridge since it was Saturday there normally wasn't a lot. 

Having 5 girls in one home was convenient and inconvenient as Jihyun had learned. Jihyun, Gayoon, Jiyoon and Hyuna have known each other since high school, Jihyun Gayoon and Jiyoon were in the same homeroom and Hyuna was a year younger than them and lived near Gayoon. They became fast friends and all went to the same university which is when they decided to get a house together much like the guys had before them. They found a house next door to the guys home and worked to make the large basement into two extra bedrooms with the intent on each girl having a room. One thing lead to another and Jihyun's cousin Sohyun ended up going to a university near their home and started living with them. Gayoon and Jiyoon volunteered to share a bedroom making the move easier.

With so many women living in one house they run out of things quickly and need things bought all the time. Jihyun being the oldest usually took on the mother role of the group naturally, wanting everyone to be comfortable while in the house. Since she was taking care of the girls in her home she started taking care of the guys next door allowing all the relationships in the group to grow and become more like a family. 

Jiyoon entered the kitchen to see Jihyun already dancing as she brought the spare chairs for the many people who eat with them to the table in their kitchen area. "I'll cook the meat," She said getting a smile from Jihyun. Gayoon came in with her hair in a bun and her makeup already applied. 

"We need to go shopping some time soon,we're like out of everything." Gayoon said going to the refrigerator and grabbing a bottled water out before going to the table and claiming her seat.

"Well make a list and when I get back from the studio I'll go and buy everything." Jihyun said going to help Jiyoon and start on the eggs. 

"Hello family, what are we having?" Junhyung asked as he walked into the house through the side door, taking off his shoes with Yoseob and Gikwang right behind him. 

"Oh look the boys who can never seem to stop eating." Jihyun said with a smile. 

"Hey are you saying you don't want us to come here anymore?" Gikwang asked walking over to the two girls who shared a look.

​"Well I'm sure that our food bill would go down. Right?" Jiyoon said looking at Jihyun who looked over at Gikwang.

"Right," The guys rolled their eyes and went to sit at the table, Gikwang stopped with a sigh.

"My day to set the table right?" Everyone who was sitting nodded at him as he turned and went to the cabinet preparing to set the table. 

“Unnie we’re out of – oh…"Sohyun said coming in and blushing when she saw most of the guys had already arrived. "Nevermind I'll tell you later," she said shyly going to take a seat.

“Don’t worry, tell Gayoon to put it on the list, I’ll go out and buy it.” Jihyun said knowing just what she was talking about.

“Buy what?” Doojoon asked walking into the apartment closing the door behind him. Jihyun instantly felt butterflies in her stomach when he came into the view. It's not that he was dressed up or had done something special with his hair that day. Just his presence made her go crazy, his hair was still wet from his shower and he was wearing a plain black t-shirt and jeans, an outfit that always made him look handsome. Sure they had been dating for about a month but she had liked him for years never wanting to break their friendship and tell him she wanted more. 

“Nothing!” Sohyun said from her spot next to Junhyung, who was trying not to laugh, bringing Jihyun from her thoughts. Gikwang and Yoseob shared a look as Gikwang set the table

“Oh, okay.” He said before looking over at Jihyun who was focused on the eggs that she was cooking. Smiling he walked over and stood behind her wrapping his arms around her waste. She squealed as Jiyoon made a disgusted face quickly putting the rest of the meat on a plate so she could get away from them. 

“Morning,” he said, his voice sounding huskier than usual, sending a shiver down Jihyun’s spine.

"Stop I'm trying to cook right now," She whined hitting his hand.

"They look done to me." He said innocently placing his chin on her shoulder. He smiled kissing her neck before letting go of her and walking over to the table. Jihyun sighed trying to regain control of her heart. 

“Oh good I didn’t miss the food.” Hyuna said coming out and walking straight to the table sitting on Junhyung’s lap placing a kiss on his lips right away.

“Miss me?” He asked wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Of course,” She said kissing him again.

“YAH! None of that over here!!” Yoseob exclaimed as everyone else started to chime in with their complaints. Jihyun smiled looking over her shoulder at them, it wasn’t everyone in their little family, but it still felt nice to have everyone together. Hyuna scowled at them before looking around,

"Where's the other two?" She asked moving to the seat next to Junhyung.

"Dongwoon had a class this morning and Hyunseung had an interview," Yoseob said 

"Ah, that's why it's not as crowded." She noted

"We need a bigger table either way instead of first come first served for the table. We can only fit 8 and we have 11, leaving everyone else at the island." Gayoon complained making Doojoon knock her on the head.

"The table is fine," She pouted crossing her arms over her chest. Jihyun smiled very amused with her friends.

“Gikwang, can you get the rice?” she asked over her shoulder.

“Yea,” he said getting up and getting the rice taking it back to the table. Jihyun turned off the stove and put the last of the eggs on the plate taking it over to the table setting it in the center. 

“Thank you,” Everyone chimed making her smile, she snuck a glance at the clock seeing it was almost time for her to go.

“Alright everyone eat up,” she said before moving down the hall to the stairs that lead to her bedroom.

The house originally only had two bedrooms and a really nice kitchen and family room etc. Since they bought their  house a year after the guys they just did what they did for more space, they made rooms in the basement. Jihyun, Gayoon, and Jiyoon all live in the basement, Jihyun has her own bedroom and Gayoon and Jiyoon share a room

Opening the door to her room she went to her closet and grabbed a pair of shoes setting them on the floor until she was changed. She went to her dresser and grabbed a pink sports bra and a pair of floral leggings for today. She pulled off her shorts and pulled her leggings on then changed into her sports bra. She went to the dancing bar on the left side of her bed and grabbed the white t-shirt off of it that she cut last week and put it on over her bra finishing off her outfit. She put on her socks and shoes and grabbed her duffle with her other things for the class. Looking around once more she grabbed a hair tie off her vanity that was to the right of her bed and put her hair into a bun. Checking her bag again she made sure she had her bus pass and some money and her phone before walking out and going back upstairs. 

Everyone was still eating and conversing so she went to the fridge grabbing her water and her lunch sticking them in her bag. She grabbed a breakfast bar off the table before walking over to everyone. 

"I have to get going guys, I'll see you all later." She said giving a smile as everyone said goodbye. She went out the side door, careful of every ones shoes, and walked down the path to the front gate. 

"YAH!" She stopped turning to see Doojoon rushing towards her. She smiled shyly up at him.

"Yes oppa?" She asked as he stopped in front of her with a concerned look.

"Aren't you going to eat?" 

"You know I get sick whenever I eat before dancing -"

"That's because you dance too hard every time." He said moving some hair from her face. 

"I get into it what can I say, you're the same with soccer,"

"Yea but I eat beforehand." Jihyun scowled holding up her breakfast bar. Doojoon chuckled cupping her face moving it side to side gently.

"That's not what I meant." 

"Well maybe you can make me dinner to make up for it?" She said sweetly.

"Hmm, I suppose I -"

"Thanks oppa I can't wait," she said kissing him before rushing out the gate.

"HEY!!" he yelled after her.

"I have to catch the bus!" She yelled waving, he laughed before waving back watching until she was out of sight.

OhLOVE, sending off your loved one everyday and waiting for their return. DJ is definitely someone I'd look forward to coming home to everyday, do you guys agree? We finally have captured our first kiss, many more to come? This new couple definitely intrigues me and confuses me. Also who picked up HS in that nice car? A new love? My little readers you'll have to keep me updated on things of this group, I have a feeling things may start getting interesting. ~ Trouble Maker