Chapter 5

No Mercy

 

You opened your eyes as the bright sun made its way through your window. You groaned, as you wanted more time to sleep and recover from last night.

You propped yourself up on your bed, and rubbed your eyes as the sun shone on your bed, striking heat on your face. *Aish..out of all the rooms, I had to get this room.*

You looked at your clock, and realized it was 10 'o' clock. You jumped up, and ran to the bathroom, jamming the door shut.  Then you realized

I don't need to go to school today...YES!

You brushed your teeth happily,  and skipped to the living room, happy to be alone in the house.

"Oh, ~~~~-ah, good morning!" You jolted as someone called your name. *I thought I was alone here!* You turned around to find Minyu smiling at you pleasantly. "Are you feeling better today?"

"W-wha?" You stammered, before blinking. "A-aren't you supposed to be at school?"

"Yeah, but I'm skipping hehe. Shhh. Anyways, I called in sick for you, so no worries about you going to school for today." Minyu petted her two ponytails, and straightened out her sweats, before looking at you again. "Well, how about a girl's day out today?"

"But..won't we get caught?" You shivered at the thought of getting caught by one of the teachers, especially the principal. You didn't want your mom to know that you were faking sick, and then going out to have fun. "I really don't wanna get caught...."

"Aw come on ~~~~-ah! Don't be such a , you'll be fine! Besides, the supervisors actually like me, so it's all good." Minyu winked, and pushed you towards your room. "Now come on, let's go out and have fun. Dress up quickly, alright?" Minyu shut the door of your bedroom, and left you hanging in the dorm, with a confused expression. You shrugged, and started to search for something to wear outside. You came out of your bedroom a few minutes later, wearing a woolly hoodie and a pair of skinny jeans, with your pom pom hat. You picked up your star-printed bag, and waited outside in the living room for Minyu.

Minyu came out a few seconds after you, her hair tied into a long side ponytail, her chest-long hair flowing around her shoulders. She grinned, as she walked in her crewneck and leggings. "You ready?" You nodded, and Minyu pulled onto your hand. "Then let's go!"

.......................

Himchan looked at the empty seat between him and Jongup. He sleepily yawned, before laying down his head on his arms.  Jongup ignored his friend, a little mad about last night.

"It's your fault you know." Jongup whispered. "You could've told me you were gonna act ."

"I'm sorry okay? She....she's different." Himchan stammered, and Jongup turned to glare at his friend. "~~~~'s different."

"She's different? What do you mean she's different?" Jongup hissed, clenching his teeth. "I've known you for a long time, I don't think you should be hitting on her..."

"She's cute." Himchan yawned, and brushed his hair down. "She's obviously different from the rest."

"Hyung....you shouldn't be hitting on her." Jongup hissed again, as he clenched his fists below his desk.

"Are you going to hit on her?" Himchan smirked, and raised his eyebrows comically. "I don't think you should do that...because I've already marked her as my target."

Those words slapped Jongup in the face, as he got up from his seat abruptly, and punched Himchan in the face.

"And this is what an ion is- Jongup?!" Ms.Cho got up, and ran to their row.  "Jongup did you just -"

"Are you really trying to beat me up? For a girl?" Himchan smirked, and wiped his face, as a bruise clearly imprinted itself on where Jongup had just punched him. "Don't even try Jongup."

"You don't even try! You shouldn't be hitting on her!" Jongup raised his hand once again, but was stopped by Ms.Cho. Himchan smirked, as Jongup turned around to meet Ms.Cho's angry face.

"Moon Jongup, I wouldn't have expected this from you!" Ms.Cho held his arm high in the air, paralyzing his arm. "I can't believe you! Go to the principal's office right now!"

Jongup snarled at Himchan, before walking out of the room. The room erupted in quiet whispers, as Himchan rubbed his face and leaned against the wall, his cheek throbbing from the punch.

"Now...back to ions...Ions are a particle in which....."

..........................................
"Did you hear? Jongup punched Himchan for a girl! A girl...the lucky girl."

"Wow I wish I was her!"

"Gosh, she must be pretty and popular!"

"Maybe she's one of those foreigners from another country!"

"Oh my gosh, how lucky! I wish I was a foreigner...."

"Didn't Yunhee go on a date with Jongup? Oh my gosh, Himchan probably likes her! No wonder, she's so pretty anyways!"

You looked around nervously, as you blended with the school crowd with Minyu.  She heard the whispers too, and turned to look at you. "~~~~-ah..."

"I'm sure it's not about me." You quietly mumbled, and snuck quickly through the school crowd, hearing more similar whispers. "Must be another girl..." You knew you were lying to yourself too, but you really didn't want to come to the truth. It confused you, and it also scared you.

Minyu sighed, and petted your head. "Look, don't worry ~~~~-ah. I've been in similar situations like yours."

You raised your eyebrows. "Really?" *Sure she has-*

"Yeah. In my old school ,actually. I'm sure you know Kim Jongdae." Minyu pushed open the door , and you both stepped out of the school, walking in the pathway to the dorms. "Nowadays, I've heard he's called Chen, but that's only because  I used to call him that when we used to date. Agh...this is so hard to say but...when I was dating him...I kind of had a little crush on his friend, Kim Jongin."

You stepped back as she pressed buttons into the dorm building, and opened the door. "You mean Kai? He goes to my sister's school."

"Yeah, so uh...similar situation." Minyu her lips awkwardly, as she pushed you down, and snuck you through the lobby, lowering her voice to a minimum. "Chen found out soon, and he got into a huge fight with Kai. They both ended up in the hospital, and then I moved." Minyu sighed, as she walked with you into the elevator. "There was really nothing to do...I had to move. My parents sent me to this school after they found out I had a boyfriend..." Minyu sighed again, as the elevator opened to the 5th floor. "It was good while it lasted."

You were still confused. What nonsense was Minyu rambling about? "Um...I still don't get how that relates to me...."

Minyu blinked, and hit her head with her palm. "Oh! Right, what I'm trying to say is...they both like you. I think. I'm not sure about Himchan, because all he's interested is food and sleep....I've never seen Himchan like a girl. And Jongup...well Jongup's a player. He can't settle his heart on one girl, isn't he going out with Yunhee anyways?" You nodded, remembering the date that Jongup had with Yunhee. "He has a lot of exes ~~~~. If I were you...I would choose Himchan. Not being biased or anything, but Jongup seems like the one who would cheat on you with Yunhee. Leave him, and go to Himchan." Minyu unlocked the door to the dorm, and opened it for you as you walked inside.

"Yeah, I kind of get it no-" You mumbled, but was stopped by Minyu's terrified face. "Hey Min what happen-" You looked behind you and found Himchan smiling. "Waah!"

"Hey, just thought I'd drop by and give you today's homework." Himchan grinned, before inviting himself into the dorm for the second time. You blinked, as he threw himself on the couch, and put a textbook marked with sticky notes on the coffee table. "She gave us our textbooks, so I told her I would give it to you.." He fiddled with his fingers, and you noticed a faint bruise on his cheek.

"Himchan, what happened to your cheek? Wait, let me get some ice to make it feel better." You dropped your shopping bags, and opened the freezer quickly, grabbing cold ice blocks in your bare hands, and putting them in your palm. You whimpered as the ice made your hand numb, while you walked over to the couch, sitting down and applying the ice on his cheek. "Did you get into a fight?"

"Jongup got mad and punched me in Chem." Himchan flinched as the ice touched his bruise, numbing the bruise lightly. "It's okay, I'm fine-"

"No, it doesn't look good." You grabbed a cloth from the coffee table and put the ice in there. "Here, apply this to your face while I go put my shopping bags away." Minyu sent you a smirk as you came back to your shopping bags.

"I told you he likes you. Why'd he come here then?" Minyu patted you on the head, and you blushed, shaking the thought from your head. "Cute ~~~~-ah is cute." Minyu chuckled as you turned red, and picked up the shopping bags, placing them in your room. You walked back into the living room, and sat next to Himchan, opening the textbook.

"So, what's for homework?" you pointed to the diagram of particles, as you drank your bubble tea that you bought from the mall.

"Actually, I came here to tell you something." Himchan his lips before continuing. "~~~~-ah..I like you."

*~~~~-ah I like you*

.........................................................

yes I know you guys already read this, but I just posted this because it got deleted u____u . the new chapter will come in a few! ~