Chapter 1

No Mercy

 

'Welcome new and old students! Please find your homeroom class on the home board, and proceed to your rightful homeroom.'

You stared at the banner in the front hall, blanked out. *Oh...gosh...homeroom class....*  You looked at what your school called the 'Home Board' and sighed. There was a huge clump of students surrounded around the board, and you really didn't want to go there. Besides, you were the quiet kid, that kid who always does her homework, gets perfect marks, you know, the boring kind. Okay, you did play in the school's volleyball team for the past two years, but nobody really noticed you. Or you didn't notice anybody. You didn't really care about friends, you never had the time to talk to anybody.

*Here we go...welcome back to school, or as I call it...hell.* You walked over to the crowd and blinked at the lists of papers you could vaguely see. *Hmm...Kim ~~~...Kim ~~~....where am I?*

"Out of the way, I need to see what class I'm in!" A rough student pushed through the crowd, causing everyone to push back. You were weak against resisting the force, and fell backwards, into someone else's arms.

"Whoa, hey there." A deep voice woke you up from la la land, and you looked up to find a well built guy. who's hair was the color of coffee, holding you. You blushed, just because you weren't used to this kind of closeness. "You okay?"

"Y-yes, I'm fine. Thank you."  You straightened yourself up from the awkward position, and dusted yourself off. Just as you finished straightening up, the crowd pushed back again, and you fell once more into his arms. This time, you turned as red as a tomato, because now both of you were smushed up against a wall.

"Well, this is awkward." he mumbled, and looked down at you. You squeezed your eyes shut, and leaned against his chest, as more students pushed past you, colliding with your delicate structure. "I guess I might as well use this time to introduce myself. I'm Moon Jongup, but you can just call me Jongup."

You stayed silent, as more students pushed past you. "Can we...can we just move to another place? It..kind of hurts here..." you squeaked, and Jongup grinned.

"Oh, don't worry, I'll clean this mess up." Jongup put you to the side, and pushed through the clump. "Hey, hey yo, cut the crap and let me through." The clump surprisingly parted, and Jongup flashed a grin at the girls who stood in the clump. You scoffed silently as they drooled over Jongup, and rolled your eyes. "Thanks guys."

"You're welcome Jongup-oppa!" They drooled, and squealed at him. He flashed another smile, and it looked like they all melted on the inside. You smirked, as he came back and plastered a told-you-grin on his face.

"Hey, guess what, ~~~~, I'm in your class." Jongup made a thumbs-up sign, and you looked at him with bewilderment.

"H-how do you know my name?" you glared at Jongup, and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess it's a hunch. Besides, there's not many people here that go by ~~~~."  He smiled again, and winked at you. You scoffed and rolled your eyes. "What?"

"That isn't going to work on me." you smirked. "Well, I think I should get to homeroom now, since there's only 5 minutes till the bell rings-" You started to walk away, but Jongup grabbed your arm. "Hey-"

"Why don't we walk together? It'll reduce the awkwardness." Jongup smiled sweetly, his eye smile winning over you.

"Fine. But only for today." You sighed, and walked to class with him, not noticing the stares and whispers you earned.

"Why only today? Am I annoying to you?" Jongup frowned, and adjusted his Jansport backpack. "Mianhe..."

"What? No, you're not annoying, it's just that......I'm not used to this kind of socializing. I've always thought  that I never had time for this..." you bit your lip, hoping that Jongup would accept your excuse.

"You...you've never had friends, have you?" you nodded as Jongup walked with you, getting closer and closer to class. "Wow...how have you survived?"

"I don't know. I guess I was just like that." you shrugged, a little hurt over the question. Survive? You could survive, as you did for the past 14 to 16 years. Jongup sensed that you were hurt, and decided to keep his mouth shut. You both walked in silence, until you reached the classroom. "It's 206 right? Chemistry?"

"I believe so." Jongup peered into the classroom, and was trampled by loud squeals. He groaned, and put on his cool face, before walking into the classroom. You laughed, and walked in with him.

"Oh my GOSH Jongup-oppa's in our class!!" A few girls screeched, and you rolled your eyes. *What's so great about Jongup? He's just another guy...*

"Hey." Jongup winked, and the fangirls melted. He turned around to look at you, and rolled his eyes. "Come on, let's go to find some seats away from these girls."  You giggled softly, and followed Jongup to his seat, where he sat next to a black haired boy, who sat at the desk near the wall. As you studied him, you noticed he was wearing a black shirt and red pants, with a red hoodie. He looked from side to side, closing his eyes slowly. "Yo Chan. Chan, wake up." Jongup shook his friend out of his daydream, and he snapped back to reality.

"W-wah, wha?" Jongup's friend rubbed his eyes cutely, and you found yourself liking how he acted. "Oh gosh....did I sleep again?"

"Yes Himchan. Yes you did." Jongup shook his head in disbelief, before realizing you were still standing up. "Oh, ~~~, wait, here I'll move so you can sit."  Jongup moved to the side, so that you sat in the middle of Himchan and Jongup. "Himchan, this is Kim ~~~~, a friend of mine."

"Hi, Kim Himchan." Himchan rubbed his face again, before holding out a hand at you. You shook it nervously, not used again to the socializing. "Kim ~~~~? Hehe, same last name."

"Millions of people have that last name Chan." Jongup raised his eyebrows, a little unsure about what his friend was trying to say.

"I guess." Himchan shrugged, and went back to sleeping.

"He sleeps a lot, doesn't he?" You raised your eyebrows in disbelief, as the bell rang, and Himchan jolted awake again.

"It doesn't last for long though." Jongup chuckled, and Himchan snorted.

"That's cause I can't even get time to myself." Himchan grumbled, and slumped in his seat. You smirked to yourself, and decided to pay attention in class.

"Good morning class!" A tall, lean teacher walked in, her voice crisp to everyone's ears. "I'm Ms.Cho, and I'll be your teacher for the rest of the semester. Now, before I start to explain the logic over chemistry, there has been a request made by the principal. As said last year, the principal warned you about the thought of us having dorms. Well, now you are all moving into dorms, as this school is getting privatized. Your roommates are chosen by yourself, and each room can have a maximum of 7 people, the minimum being 4. Please choose your roommates by the end of the day, as the principal will be finalizing the dorms by the end of the day."

You flinched, remembering that you didn't have any close friends.

*What am I going to do?*

.....................................................