Secrecy

I'm sorry for leaving you...

“Should I tell her or not?”He thought.

“What’s for dinner?”He asked as he let go of her.

“I shouldn’t tell her today. I’ll tell her some other day.”Top thought.

“Aren’t you going home?”Yuri asked as she got some pans out.

“Are you kicking me out?”He asked while pouting.

“Don’t be such a baby.”Yuri said as she pinches his cheeks.

Top then whined like a baby moving his feet and shoulder.

“Arasooo… You can stay for dinner.”Yuri said.

“Can’t I sleepover?”He asked.

“What for?”Yuri said surprised.

“I need to take care of you. The incident happened just yesterday.”Top said which made Yuri a bit scared.

“Yea, you can stay here for tonight.”Yuri said while locking the back door.

“I’m going to check the front door.”Yuri said as she ran.

Top chuckled as he helps her prepare the pans.

“What are you cooking?”Top asked.

“Kimchi fried rice?”Yuri asked.

“Sure.”Top said.

Both of them then cooked in the kitchen with Yuri cooking while Top helps with the ingredients.

After eating, Yuri cleaned up the dishes while Top watched TV.

“You can sleep in the guest room.”Yuri said as she approached Top.

“Where’s the guest room?”Top asked.

“Upstairs.”Yuri said as she leads him to it.

“Are you sure you’re going to stay here? What about clothes? I’ll give you some of my loose t shirts.”Yuri said.

“I don’t think it’ll fit.”Top said as he enters the guestroom while Yuri went to hers.

After a few mins,

“Here you go.”Yuri said throwing the shirt at him.

“You wear this big shirt??”Top asked.

“It’s comfortable.”Yuri said.

“Thanks.”Top said.

Yuri then went to her room and took a bath. She was really tired after all that. After showering, she checked her phones and there were tons of messages and missed calls. It was from Yunho and Yujin. Yuri thought it was an emergency and called Yujin.

“Yujin-ah… What’s wrong? Why did you call?”Yuri asked panicky.

“What emergency?”Yujin asked.

“Why did you leave me dozens of messages?”Yuri asked.

“Ahhhh… That. I wanted to know about Mr.Top.”Yujin said while chuckling.

“Just that. You nearly gave me heart attack woman.”Yuri shouted.

“Chill… So, about Top.”Yujin said.

“Ughh… Will talk to you tomorrow. I’m dead tired today.”Yuri said as she hangs up.

Yuri falls onto her bed and fell asleep straight away. Top can’t sleep in the room and decided to check on Yuri. He quietly unlocks the door and found a sleeping Yuri without her blanket on. He approached her quietly and carried her while moving the blanket with his feet. He placed her on the bed and covers her with the blankets. He kissed her on the forehead.

“Good Night Beautiful.”He said quietly and went out.

 

The next morning, Yuri woke up with a smile on her face. Top went home to get changed and both of them went to the hospital together. Top dropped Yuri off at the entrance as he parks the car. As she was about to enter the room, a guy stopped her from going in. She looked up to find the patient he met.

“Hey!!”Yuri said smiling.

“Hye.”He replied.

“I’m Donghae.”He added.

“I’m Yuri. Sorry about yesterday.”Yuri said.

“It’s okay.”He said while smiling.

“He’s so cute.”Yuri thought.

“Why are you here?”He asked.

“Visiting my parents. You?? Don’t answer that. Sorry for asking.”Yuri said.

“It’s okay. I was involved in a car accident recently and something is wrong with my brain.”He said while smiling.

“Something is wrong with your brain? Are you okay?? And you’re still smiling.”Yuri said worriedly.

“She’s so pretty and kind.”He thought.

“In life, you just have to be positive. There may be reasons why I was involved.”He said.

“Yuri!!! Is that you?”Mr.Kwon said from inside.

“I better go. Nice talking to you and stay strong.”Yuri said.

“Will do.”He said and went away.

“Appa!!!”Yuri walked in with a smile.

Mr.Kwon just shook his head as he point towards Mrs.Kwon.

“Don’t worry. I’m sure mum will wake up soon.”Yuri said as she gave the fruits she bought with Top.

“Is Top here?”Mr.Kwon asked.

“Why are you asking about him? You miss him more than me???”Yuri asked as she pouts.

“Of course I miss you more. I was just curious.”He replied.

“Yea… He’s here.”Yuri said as she went towards her mum.

She looked at her mum with tubes on her hands and tears fell. She looked at her mum and think positively.

“Please wake up soon.”Yuri said quietly holding onto Mrs.Kwon’s hand.

Top entered the room and greet Mr.Kwon with a smile.

Mr.Kwon signaled Top to come closer to him.

“Did you ask her?”Mr.Kwon asked quietly.

“I didn’t. I am bit scared of rejection.”He said looking at Yuri.

“Just ask her and tell her how you feels because I heard she was talking to a guy just now.”Mr.Kwon whispers.

“What are you guys talking about?”Yuri said looking at them suspiciously.

“Nothing…”Top said.

“You guys were whispering. Come on tell me the secret.”Yuri whined like a kid.

Top can’t help but smile at the sight of Yuri.

“There’s nothing. We were just talking about some guy stuff.”Mr.Kwon said but Yuri didn’t believe any of it but decided to just let go.

“So dad, how are you?”Yuri asked.

“I’m doing fine. The doctor said I’m recovering.”He said.

“Good… I’ll skip school this coming week.”Yuri said.

“No… There’s no need. I’m fine by myself.”Mr.Kwon said.

“I’m not going to leave you here alone. Bored doing nothing.”Yuri said.

“And what if mum wakes up?”Yuri said.

“If mum wakes up, I will call you straight away. I don’t want you to struggle in your studies.”Mr.Kwon said.

“Fine…”Yuri said.

For the past hours, Yuri and Top chatted with Mr.Kwon, watched TV, and played the laptop.

“Aren’t you going home?”Yuri asked Top as it was noon already.

“If I go home, who’s going to send you home?”Top asked.

“I can use the bus or call Yunho or Yujin.”Yuri said.

“Are you trying to kick me out?”Top asked.

“No… It’s just that, you have lives too. Your crew must be looking for you.”Yuri said.

“Don’t you miss them?”Yuri asked while chuckling.

“Fine… I’ll go home if that’s what you want.”Top said.

“I didn’t say I wanted you to go home. I was just asking just in case you have other things to do. You’ve been accompanying me since yesterday. You need a break.”Yuri said while smiling.

“It’s fine.”Top said as she looked at Mr.Kwon for help.

“If he wants to stay, let him stay.”Mr.Kwon said.

Yuri looked at both men.

“You guys seem to be keeping a secret from me.”Yuri said as she approached Top.

She went closer to him and was expecting a truthful answer from him but instead he went away from her.

“Yah!!! Choi Seunghyun.”Yuri said.

“Yuri-ah… Why are you being suspicious with everything?”Mr.Kwon said.

“Fine… I’m sorry. You can stay here as long as you want.”Yuri said as she hits him.

“Ms.Yuri, the doctor wants to talk to you about your parent’s health.”A nurse came in.

“Ahhh… Yes.”Yuri said and went out.

Yuri went into the doctor’s room quietly and sat on the chair.

“Ms.Yuri, your dad is recovering really quickly. I’m really impressed. His body seems fine and his brain is working fine but…”The doctor said.

“But what doctor?”Yuri asked hoping it wasn’t any bad news.

“We’re not really sure when your mum will wake up. From the look of the x-rays, it may take a while.”The doctor said.

“It’s okay. We will wait for her. I know my mum is strong.”Yuri said positively.

The doctor was impressed on how a girl her age can be so positive in life.

“Is that it?”Yuri asked.

“Yes…”The doctor said.

“Then I’m glad there’s no bad news. Thank you doctor.”Yuri said and went out.

As Yuri went out, someone blocked her way from going towards the direction of her parent’s room. She looked up to find Donghae smiling at her.

“Hye!!!”Yuri said smiling at him.

“Hey.”He replied.

“What are you doing here?”Yuri asked.

“Walking around the hospital. I’m so bored.”He said.

“Make friends with other patients.”Yuri said.

“I am. Trying to befriend you.”He said.

“Other patients. Not visitors.”Yuri said.

“Can’t I be friends with you?”He asked.

“Of course you can but if you don’t want to get bored, you need to be friend everybody in the hospital.”Yuri said.

 

“Where’s Yuri? She’s been out for 10 minutes. I’ll go check on her.”Top said.

“Go ahead.”Mr.Kwon said while smirking.

As Top walked to the doctor’s office, he saw Yuri talking to the guy she met yesterday. He was jealous for sure. He wanted to pull Yuri away from him.

“Yuri-ah…”Top said and pulls her away from him.

“Wait… I was talking to Donghae.”Yuri said as she gave Donghae an apologetic look.

“I’m sorry…”Yuri said as Top pulls her away towards the emergency staircase where it was empty.

“Yah!!! What’s wrong with you?”Yuri asked angrily.

Top kept quiet.

“You embarrassed me in front of Donghae.”Yuri said which made Top angry.

“You just met him yesterday and you like him already.”He said angrily.

“What are you talking about?”Yuri asked.

“Never mind.”Top said and sighed.

“Just so you know, I’m trying to befriend him because he was bored.”Yuri said and turned around.

“Why are you being all protective and angry all of a sudden?”Yuri asked annoyed with her back towards him.

Top didn’t answer her because he was scared that she doesn’t feel the same way he does.

“I…”He said and made Yuri turn to him.

“I what?”Yuri asked.