Meeting Him for the 'First' Time

Demon In The Attic

AN: Well.. here is the first chapter before I forget about publishing this fanfic ^^ (it had happened a few times o.o) So yeah, I hope you like this x3333


 

 As Kim Kibum entered the house he called 'home', he sighed softly. He knew that even though no one would be waiting for him at the door, someone would have done all of the chores by now. And even if he was thankful, he was frustrated as well. He just couldn't understand why this person stayed hidden. He wanted to speak to them, or at least thank them. As always, the house was clean, and there was lunch waiting for him on the table. He looked around for a few moments, then took off his shoes and put them away. Sitting at the table, he quickly ate his lunch, of course it was one of his favorites. To tell the truth, normally he would have been extremely happy, but right now he was just plainly too tired to care about what he was eating. He pushed the plate away and leant on the table. Yawning, he hadn't noticed that someone was watching him closely.

Jonghyun sighed as he noticed how tired Key looked. Ever since he had been taking care of the boy, he would always make him worry. It wasn't that Jonghyun was overprotective (or at least he said so) but somehow, Key just.. managed to get sick 'all the time'(which means that he would usually catch a cold or the flu)   Even though it was fairly normal for a human, for a demon like Jonghyun it was strange and worrying. So when the boy's eyes closed finally, and it was clear that he was asleep, Jonghyun picked him up gently and carried him to his room. Tucking him in, he kissed the boy's forehead, a soft smile on his lips. He really loved the boy, but he thought that he would never accept him. So he just watched him. He had to admit that he was a bit stalker-ish sometimes, but he meant well.. Really.. So Jonghyun decided to go back to his room.. Or the attic. For some reason, Key never dared to go there, so it was a prefect hiding place.

Key stirred in his sleep. Soon, he opened his eyes sluggishly. Something was off. He felt something on his forehead, but only for a few moments. And before that, he felt like he was being carried. Oh right, hadn't he fallen asleep on the table? He shrugged it off as he snuggled into his pillow. Smiling to himself, he once again fell asleep.

When Key woke up, dinner was already on the table. He knew it even before going downstairs because he could smell it. Smiling to himself, he got out of his bed. After his nap, he felt much better. Suddenly, he realized that he had forgotten to write his homework. He shrugged it off, he decided to do it after dinner. As he descended the stairs, he was deep in thought, and he hadn't noticed that he took a bigger step than he should have, until he started to slip. Sadly, he was still on one of the middle steps, making him fall off. He landed on the ground with a loud thud, alerting the demon in the attic. 'Ouch.' Key let out a soft hiss as he head fallen on his back, also his leg seemed to hurt as well. He hadn't hit his head, or at least not much, but it was hurting slightly as well, maybe he bumped it into one of the stairs as he was falling down. As he tried to get up, he heard quick footsteps, getting louder as the person was getting closer to him. 

When Jonghyun had heard the thud, he shot up from his bed. He knew that Key must have hurt himself, though the rational part of his mind was telling him that maybe he had just dropped something. But no, he was sure that the boy was hurt. He hesitated for a few moments. He was torn by two choices. He didn't want to shop up in front of Key yet, or to tell the truth, he was too scared to do so. But he knew that the boy could have been seriously injured. So he ran downstairs, and looked at the teen, still lying on the floor, trying to stand up, but he would always fall back. Jonghyun's eyes widened and he rushed to Key's side, helping him into a sitting position gently, his fears of being seen by the boy completely forgotten. 'Are you Ok?' he asked worriedly. Key was looking at him with a dazed expression. He nodded and blinked, a small smile appearing on his lips. 

'I...I am perfectly fine..' he mumbled, but winced when he tried to stand up. Jonghyun sighed, running a hand through his hair.

'You should be a bit more careful, you could fallen on your head..' he mumbled. Key nodded slightly. 'I.. I am Jonghyun. I've been taking care of you for a long time.' he introduced himself. He expected Key to send him away, or ask why he was so young, but the boy just smiled.

'Thank you, for everything..' he mumbled. 'So.. you won't 'hide', or leave, or whatever again..' he started, hope in his feline-like eyes. ' Right?' 

Jonghyun blinked a few times, completely shocked. He thought that the first meeting would go wrong, but Key had just asked him to stay. He nodded and smiled at the boy. 'No, I will stay..' he said. Key grinned, thinking that finally he wasn't going to be 'alone'. He winced once again though as his back seemed to hurt more than before.

Jonghyun's puppy-like eyes widened when a tear of pain slid down Key's cheek. Maybe the boy was more hurt than he had predicted. 'Hey, you should tell me where you have hit yourself, Ok? Something might be wrong. 'He said, sincere worry in each of his words. Key felt his heartbeat pick up at this. He felt so loved for a few minuted. He nodded and told Jonghyun that his back and leg were hurting.

Jonghyun sighed and picked Key up gently. He placed him on the couch in a sitting position and inspected his back. There were a few bruises on the white skin, but nothing serious. His ankle seemed to be twisted, but after putting an ice-pack on it, the boy should be fine. Jonghyun smiled as Key thanked him once again. He ruffled the boy's hair, and sat next to him. If the boy wanted, he was going to stay with him. Forever.