Off My Feet

A Gift For You ☆◕H I A T U S ◕☆

Title: Off My Feet

Request by: ScissorsandElves

Pairings: Amber x Henry (Henber)

Rated: Fluff

Useless Fact: I'm an anyber (Amber x anyone) shipper but more than that, I'm a HenBer supporter. This is my very first HenBer story, and because I'm writing this and having writer's block at the same time (it's very dangerous), I'm afraid I've butchered it. But Viola, I hope you still like it. And cuz you're an ELF, I've mentioned a few SuJus ;) Hope you're excited when you see them!

 

 

 

“Running away isn’t such a bad idea,” He grins and looks at her. “I’m planning a romantic day ahead of us. Just anticipate.”

She snorts in disbelief. “Henry, this is not us running away. This is me being kidnapped by you!” She stomps her feet on the floor of his car.

“But didn’t you tell me you needed an escape?” Henry asks her sheepishly, a slight hurt appears in his voice.

“Yeah,” she stammers, “but not with you! What I had on my mind was me and the other f(x) members go on a vacation or something. Not THIS! And Henry, nothing is romantic about this. Stop humoring yourself. I’m not in the mood. Just drive.”

Henry shakes his head and continues driving on the open road. “Do you miss me?” he lets out another question, and grins in anticipation.

“Where are we going?” she suavely changes the topic, leaving his question hanging. Henry stares at her in awe, and pouts silently.

“Nowhere.”

She looks at him. “What?” he looks at her, briefly, and turns his head back on the road.

“Are you angry?”

“No.”

“You are,” she casts a look at her fluffy in door slippers and fiddles with her fingers.

“I told you, I’m not! See!?” He grins widely at her, showing his row of beautiful teeth, his eyes turning small from the effect. She isn’t convinced.

“But you are.. You just raised your voice at me. You’re not in the mood to talk to me..”

“Amber-”

“I get it. I get it. You’re mad. I’m unappreciative. I am a bad girlfriend. It’s okay if you don’t wanna talk to me. I’ll be fine on my own. Just drop me-”

 

Screeeeeeeeecchhh

 

Henry turns the car to the side, and pulls over in a halt. Amber screams – “Michoso!?

“You! Don’t talk! Just hear me out!”

“What! What’s so wrong about me talking! Are you trying to get us killed? Take me home! I don’t want to spend another second with you!”

“Amber-”

“You just took my out of my dorm, I was having my favorite cereal! I wasn’t even done eating yet! I’m pretty sure they’re soggy now. Or worse, Vic unnie could’ve thrown them into the sink by now! And you got me into this new car of yours – you’re just showing off cause you’re a Super Junior” she says mockingly. “And you got offers from everywhere to have you in their movies.” Another mock. “And you’re even in a movie with Michelle Yeoh. And I’m just sitting here in Korea waiting for you to call and you haven’t even once called! And I heard rumors that you went out with some chicks from Thailand and now you’re angry at me for wanting to spend more time with you I can’t even – nummph!

Before she knows it Henry pulls her into a kiss, just to silent her. Amber tries to pull away, but she misses him, misses those gummy lips, slightly thicker than hers, so she gives in and clings onto his neck, returning the kiss. Henry’s fingers caress Amber’s face softly, and she misses that too.

Henry pulls his kiss away from her softly, quietly. There is only silence between them, the car engine slightly shakes them in their seats. He rests his forehead on hers, boring deep stares into her.

“I’ve missed you too, Ambie. There wasn’t a day I spent in Thailand without thinking about you. When I left I saw a lot rumors about you with MyungSoo, with MinHo, with Kris. And I don’t even know half of them. But do you see me angry at you for all those rumors?”

Amber stares after him in defeat, and shakes her head meekly. “Don’t you know who I really love?”

Amber feels her blood pooling inside her cheeks. “Do you think I’ve forgotten our promise? Not likely. Not in the near future. So trust me a little, please?”

He smiles an assuring smile at her, and she has to smile back at him. “Those were just rumors. I only have my eyes and my mind set this girl in front of me. Of course, she can ask my brother for confirmation.”

“Okay, okay. Let’s let this slide.” Amber giggles happily. For some reason she hates it when Henry gets all mushy mushy with her. She hates the tingle she feels inside her stomach, and she feels like pooping every time he makes her feel all mushed up inside. She hates it.

Henry doesn’t understand why Amber is such an anti-. Here he is, in this borrowed car (it’s SungMin hyung’s car, he better takes good care of it or his head will roll. Nobody knows if SungMin could get angry, but Henry doesn’t want to take the risk) trying to plan a romantic date with his girlfriend, but Amber’s reaction isn’t going according to his plan. Her reaction never was. And he hates that.

“Where are we going?” Amber asks him cutely.

He grins at her, “It’s still early, we’re going to Noryangjin.” He pulls out from the side of the road and continues driving.

“Noryangjin? But what are we going to do there?”

“We’re gonna shop for fish!”

“What!?” Shrill shriek rings in the car. “You mean we’re going to Noryangjin Fish Market!?”

“Yep.”

.

.

.

“I hate you.”

 

~*~*~

 

“I hate you right now, Henry. I don’t know why I even flirted with you in the first place!” Amber says through gritted teeth. Henry has rolled up her flannel pants, so her pants won’t get wet, and pulled her hoodie over, so that nobody would recognize them. Henry himself has sported a much fresher morning looks – with black track suit and a maroon sweater, and a pair of black crocs (He did prepare himself well, the jerk, Amber scoffs). But they look like ordinary people, nobody would have guessed they are Henry and Amber. Besides, no idol has come this far just to go on a date!

“Never in my life have somebody took me out on a date at fish markets,” Amber whines, Henry grins because he loves it when Amber starts to lose her cool. Don’t even ask him why, or he wouldn’t stop telling us his reasons. Okay, maybe because she sounds like a little kid and it makes Henry want to protect her and – STOP IT, HENRY. Focus on your date! Henry clears his throat, and his thoughts.

“Well, never in your life have you dated somebody other than me,” he winks at her, and she punches him on his shoulder. Hard.

He laughs at her feeble looking face underneath her hoodie, and leans in to give her a peck on her forehead. “Relax, nobody’s going to notice us. Come!”

Henry leads Amber to a fish vendor where they select various types of seafood for their brunch. Amber forgets about her worries and points to baby octopus, sea snails, crab foots and some other unrecognizable shellfish, but none she couldn’t eat.

The ahjumma smiles at the couple’s failed attempt of speaking fluent Korean and Amber ends up translating for Henry “Please cook us the most delicious dish you can make with these” and they bow at her.

Henry and Amber take a seat inside the stall, waiting patiently for their food. Amber looks down at her fluffy slippers, now wet and soaked with muddy water from the fish market. She grins at him.

“It feels a little itchy between my toes.” She reaches down, trying to scratch her foot. Henry bends down too and takes out a napkin and sticks it between her toes, while Amber stares at his head in awe, and blushes.

“All better?”

“Yeah,” She smiles at him. “Not sticky anymore.”

.

.

.

“I love you, Oppa.”

 

~*~*~

 

“You do know that was your first time calling me ‘Oppa’, don’t you?” he asks her on their way out of Noryangjin Fish Market, him carrying her on his back because she decided to leave her ruined slippers behind, and.. because she just wants to torture him.

“Yeah… So?” Amber asks, her lips touching his ear as it goes red, and Henry fixes her position up, making her breath hitch.

“So… I think I have to come up with a pet name for you too, baby,” henry responds blankly.

“Euwwwwww. Please don’t. Call. Me. BABY!” Amber rubs her arms vigorously, his mushiness is giving her goosebumps.

“It’s like, the rules. I have to come up with something cute for you or I’m the bad boyfriend, cupcakes.”

“Cupcakes?” She grimaces, as if tasting a terrible taste in .

“No? What would you like me to call, honeybun?”

“Henry.” Amber says, her eyes boring against his skull testily. “I just called you Oppa, no big deal. It’s like I call DongHae, DongHae Oppa, or EunHyuk, Hyukkie Oppa. You don’t have to call me anything.”

“Hyukkie? Since when did you use banmal with him? Do you like, have a crush on him or something?”

She smacks him across his shoulder, making the guy groan in pain and almost loses his balance. He fixes Amber again, and shrieks “Can’t you wait until we get to the car!?”

“NO, I can’t and I won’t!”

“Okay, okay, we’re almost there, baby chick.”

“Baby CHICK!?” Amber laughs heartily, bumping her head against Henry’s uncontrollably.

“Go ahead and laugh, byungie (baby chick), you look like Tweety Bird, with your yellow hoodie on.”

Amber kicks at him, and he drops her flat on her as they reach his (borrowed) car. “Ouch, that must’ve hurt,” Henry says, Amber glares at the trace of irony in his voice. Henry pulls her up and pats on her . “Oppa’s sorry, shish kebab.”

He winks at her as he closes her door, and Amber snarls at him as he gets into the car. She hates it. He makes her all mushed up inside, and if feels like a thousand butterflies are dying to escape from her tummy.

.

.

.

“Hate!”

He turns around at her word and smiles a beautiful smile at her. “I love you too, Amber Josephine Liu Yi Yun.” And a warm kiss on her lips melts her heart again.

 

~*~*~

 

“Why are we here, Henry?”

“To go for a stroll. I thought you like cherry blossoms.”

“I do, but.. uhh I don’t have slippers.”

“You have me, I will carry you, like always.” He winks at her, and she blushes for the hundredth time today. She rolls her eyes at him in respond.

Henry lifts her up off her feet and carries her towards park. The park is filled with greenish, orange-ish, yellowish, reddish and pinkish leaves, and Amber gasps several times that day, fascinated at the colors. Henry grins, silently congratulating himself by making Amber happy. The date is a little off, he doesn’t know a lot of places and the one place he brought her was not originally his plan. But EunHyuk the anchovy and fishy DongHae had mentioned that fish market is a great place to fuse off some steams. Henry gullibly went along, but thank goodness the worst isn’t happened yet.

The park looks beautiful, Amber giggles looking at couples walking hand in hand with matching couple shirts. They walk pass her, and they look at her in suspicions. Amber hopes for the best that they would not recognize her, but really, truly, she doesn’t care anymore. Being here with him does it.

Henry smirked at a couple that walk passed them. They have on a pair of matching t-shirt “I’m with my Oppa” and “I’m not with my donsaeng” with a few hearts adorned Hangul letters. Henry has to keep the laughter inside him. He notices a few couples looking at him, and he carries Amber, featherweight Amber flawlessly into the garden, thinking the girls probably envy them because Henry appears to be the most romantic out here. Amber whispers at him, “Do you think they recognize us, Oppa?”

“No, don’t worry, they probably think ‘that two couple looking like Henry and Amber are sooo sooo romantic!’ I wouldn’t worry if I were you.” Which worries Amber even more.

They found a bench behind a tall shady tree and Henry settles Amber on it, and sits next to her. After praising the beautiful scenery in front of them Amber leans back against the bench and Henry takes this opportunity to lie down with his head on Amber’s lap. It feels rather comfy. Amber smiles down at him and brushes his hair warmly.

Henry looks up at her, places a hand behind her neck, and pulls her in as he lifts his head up a little, for a kiss.

“I love kissing you,” Henry comments gently a moment later, and Amber’s palms shoot up to her cheeks, covering her blush. Henry locks Amber’s waist with his arms, and lifts her sweater a little, and gives a peck on her belly button.

“Hen! It tickles,” Amber snickers despite herself. Henry gets more mischievous as he plants more kisses across her stomach and buries his face against her sweater.

“Ahh… This feels great. You smell like soursop.”

“That’s cause I haven’t showered all day.”

Henry gasps, and pulls himself out slowly from underneath her sweater. “No wonder you smell like clay.”

“If I’m smelly do you still like me?”

“Since when aren’t you smelly?”

“Oppa! I’m serious.” Henry laughs and disappears underneath her sweater to kiss her stomach again.

“Mmmm… so warm,” he snuggles deeper against her skin. She hugs his head like a stuffed toy and giggles as he pokes at her ribs.

“But then again,” Amber muses, “you never shower either.” She chuckles and fans her fingers in front of her nose playfully.

Henry ignores her, “Boney here.” He pokes her left side, “Boney there.” He pokes her belly button and she shrieks. “Oppa! That’s not funny!” and smacks his arm.

“Oww!” Henry groans in pain, although he might have exaggerated it a bit, it isn’t that painful, seriously. “Why do you like to torture me so much?”

“Cuz I can’t torture anyone else.”

“Why? You hate me that much?”

“Yes!” she giggles. Henry chuckles too, only softly.

“Okay, I’m all ears. Tell me why.”

“Cuz you make me all full inside here,” Amber points at her chest. “Like there’s a thunder of bees inside my stomach.(“But that’s why I poked at your stomach, so they’ll go away,” Henry interjects, and Amber shoots him a look and ignores him)  And the worst part is, it’s not your fault. It’s my fault for feeling this way so much about you.” Amber fiddles with her fingers again.

Henry stares at Amber, scrutinizing her long lashes, her sleepy eyes and lips, and her button nose. He realizes how much he misses her, and it’s been more than 6 months since they last seen each other, and apart from her shorter and browner hair, she looks exactly the same to him. And his feelings never changed.

He sits up and pulls her closer to him, into a hug, and tells her that he could never forget his promises to her, not because he had promised her, but because she has made him fall deeply in love with her, and that’s when the promises are for keeps.

She lets herself taken into him, silently sniffing on his t-shirt, it smells exactly the same as she remembers him.

“Remember the first time I gave you a piggyback ride?”

“Hmm..”

“That’s when I knew I’ve fallen in love with you.”

Amber looks up at him through her hoodie. “You’ve grown thinner,” she muffles, frowning. “Your cheeks are gone.”

Henry smiles. “That’s cuz I worked hard in Thailand. I had no time playing.”

Silence engulfs them. Henry remembers for as long as he remembers, that with Amber, her best words are between the lines. “Why? Do you worry about me?” Henry asks, smiling at her.

She smiles back at him, “Remember the first time you carried me on your back?”

“Uhuh..”

“That’s when I knew.”

“Knew what?”

“All those weird stuff that I felt, and still feel – those butterflies, frisson, whatever you call it - whenever I’m around you? Yeah.. When you swirled me around that time, that’s when I knew you’ve swept me off my feet.”

.

.

.

“You like me that much, huh?”

Smack! “Hen!”

 

~*~*~

 

“So there’s nothing going on between you and that Thailand actress they were talking about?”

“Not anymore.”

Smack! “Owww! What for?”

“Cuz I like hitting you that’s why.”

“So MinHo gave you the nickname llama, huh?”

“Yeah, and he had a song saying I was cute.”

Snort. “Yeah, right.”

“You’re just jealous.”

“Am not. He said I was cute too. Along with DongHae hyung, Ryeowook hyung, Kyuhyun hyung-”

“Why don’t you date them all then!”

“I don’t like them. I like you.” He leans in for a kiss and she blushes as she responds sweetly.

“I missed your chubby cheeks. But this looks better on you too. You look older,” she giggles gleefully.

“I feel older, and manlier now that I see you,” he wriggles his eyebrows at her, mischief performing in his smile.

“What?”

“So I wanted to ask you-“

“Ask me what?”

Henry gets distracted as a couple passes them by. They look at him and Amber hugging, Amber’s face is buried in his sweater. Henry relaxes as they shake their heads at him, probably criticizing them for still being in their PJs, although it’s almost dusk.

“They’re not going to notice you. The whole Korea thinks you’re still in Thailand, exploring islands after your filming finishes. Don’t you remember your own tweet?”

Henry snickers. “I feel bad for lying. But I couldn’t wait to come back and see you. And it takes a few days to settle before someone outside SM finally realizes I’m back.”

“So what were you planning to ask?”

“Oh? I don’t remember…. Ah! What’s your schedule this weekend?”

“Umm… f(x) will have an appearance at SBS Inkigayo this Sunday. Why? Was that the question you wanted to ask?”

But Henry just gives her this weird look, and she gulps, despite herself. She pokes at him, “Henry?”

“Let’s spend the night together!” He blurts out. Smack!

“Oww! What? You don’t want to?”

“I- I-” Amber flusters, and Henry hides a snicker upon seeing her red face. “You don’t ask directly about this kind of stuff! You just don’t!”

“What’s so wrong about asking to take you to the jjimjilbang? I promise we’re not gonna get caught.” (Jjimjilbang – Korean bathhouse)

.

.

.

“Why? What’s that smoldering look for? Were you thinking about something weird? Awe, my Ambie’s a y,” he croons.

“I’m never going out with you again!”

“If you say so,” he grins, and lifts her up on his back again. “Let’s go!”

She smiles against his back, and nuzzles on his neck softly, before finally settling her chin on his shoulder.

I like you, Henry. A lot.

.

.

.

“So does this means Oppa can come to Inkigayo with you, byung byung?”

SMACK!!

 

 

~*~*~

 

(That weekend)

 

Korean trend: [120715] Henry appeared in SBS Inkigayo with Amber!!!