Stage One The Honeymoon Phase: Melissa Meet 2PM

Eight Stages [G-Dragon]

“Melissa lunch break!” Sohyun says stepping into the room where I was currently over looking applications for being my assistant. I’ve been here for a week now at JYP Entertainment and they told me I’ll start teaching the idols in a few weeks after I get settled in, and I have an assistant.

“Kay, I’ll be there in a second.” I call reading through another application.

“You said that ten minutes ago, we have an hour left.” Sohyun says walking over to me. “I’ll help you with it after lunch, come on!”

Sighing I set down the paperwork, getting up I grab my bag today heading out with Sohyun. “Well, at least as soon as I pick one this will get easier.” I mumble straightening my dress out.

“What are you looking for?” Sohyun asks me walking with me out of my office.

Sighing I pause. “All the applications so far have included that they do speak many languages, but also but none that stand out. I don’t know I’m looking for something that will shout out to me.”

Giggling she pushes me playfully. “How many have you gone through?”

“Forty and it seems like so much more.” I grumble as my phone beeps.

Sohyun immediately laughs. “Lover boy?”

 

Smiling I look at the text he’s sent me.

‘Miss you, hope today isn’t too rough’

Texting him back quickly I tell him.

‘Don’t work too hard yourself, I miss you too’

 

“It was.” I tell her as we walk down to the cafeteria, while messing with my couple ring. “Do you think it’s weird he gave me a couple ring, but we haven’t said ‘I love you?’” I ask her while we stand in line.

She nods her head. “I mean, I’m not going to pretend I know your relationship, but the way he looks at you when he picks you up, I think it’s obvious.”

I smile at her. “You’re too nice.” I tell her smiling. “I’ll buy today.”

“Are you sure?”

“I am, besides we’re friends so it isn’t a big deal.”

“Says the girl that can’t pick an assistant.”She jokes giggling.

Smiling in line we’re joking around until Mr. Park walks up to me.

“I hope you’re enjoying your time here.” He says starting a conversation.

“I am sir, thank-you.” I tell him politely.

He chuckles, “Picked an assistant yet?”

“No, I’m still looking through the applications.”

“I see, well don’t take too long.” He says nodding his head.

“I won’t sir.”

“I’d like to talk to you about the first group you’ll be working with for the few months.”Mr. Park says “Come to my office after lunch alright?”

I just nod my head as he walks off. I turn to look at Sohyun who is staring at me, just as shocked; quickly I buy our food sitting down.

“Who do you think you’ll be teaching?”  Sohyun asks as she takes a bit of her jello.

I shrug my shoulders. “It’s like I said, I don’t know too many groups.”

“But you’ve lived here for how long?” She asks me amazed.

“Four years now, dated Jiyong for seven months now.”

She nods her head impressed. “Seven months is a long time.”

“I guess it doesn’t really seem that long.” I tell her smiling contently down at my ring.

As we finish eating talking about some new clothes we’re excited to go shopping for and about me just picking an assistant we throw our trays away.

“I’ll see you later!” She calls as I head up the building to the top office, Mr. Park’s office.

Drumming my fingers on my purse I watch the doors until they slide open,showing me Mrs. Lee answering the phone, quickly waving me in.

“Ah, Melissa!” Mr. Park says happily turning to me, taking his attention away from a group of six boys, all good looking, no doubt idols then. “Meet 2PM, Junsu, Nichkhun, Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung.” Turning to look at me they smile happily. “Boys meet Melissa, she’s our new Translator, she’s going to refresh you on some of your languages, and if needed teach you.”

I smile bowing slightly at them as they bow at me.

“Why don’t you talk in your office?” Mr. Park says answering his phone waving us good-bye.

Nodding my head I lead them back down to mine.

“How many languages do you speak?” Nichkhun asks me.

“Eight, I’m learning my ninth.” I answer them leading them to my office.

“So many!” They say amazed, causing me to chuckle.

Opening my door for them they all take seats on the couch and chairs. Taking my seat I move the stack of applications to the side of my desk. “What ones do you speak?”  Taecyeon asks me.

“English, Korean, Japanese,Chinese, French, German, Spanish, and Italian.” I answer naming them off.

They continue to question me until a knock is heard on my door. Standing up I open it. “Yes?”

“More applications.” Sohyun says giving me an apologetic smile. “They just got in.”

“You’re kidding.” I tell her letting her in. “It isn’t as if I didn’t have enough.” I say showing her the stack.

“Well, just pick one!” She says laughing, “Besides if one doesn’t work it isn’t like there isn’t another application waiting.”

Sighing I glance at the papers all with recommendations and what not, biting my lip I open a few more. “Oh, Sohyun 2PM.” I say gesturing to the boys reading over a few before putting them in the rejected pile.

“Hello.” She says bowing, nervous. “It’s nice to meet you.”

They all talk while I read through more applications. “Mel!” Sohyun says waving a hand in my face.

“We said we’d help.” She says after getting my attention, from the perfect assistant, one that caught my attention.

“Oh, don’t worry about it.” I tell them smiling. “I just found the one.”

“Really?” She asks me skeptically. “Let me see.”

Nodding my head I hand it over, her face becoming impressed. “Mr. Yong saved us.”

I smile at her then the guys. “Sorry about that.”

“Its fine,” Junsu says smiling at me. “Sohyun was just telling us about a party.”

Glancing at the clock, 7 pm, I nod my head. “You don’t say.”

“Are you going?” Wooyoung asks me.

I giggle. “I don’t think so; I have another engagement I have to make today.”

Junho sighs. “Well next time then? We’d all love to get to know you girls better.”

“Yeah, besides we’ll be spending a lot of time together anyways.” Chansung says smiling at us.

I just nod my head, “We will, what languages will I be helping you with?”

“English for us.” Wooyoung says waving towards him and Chansung.

Nodding my head I smile, “No problem,” When my phone goes off. “Just one second.” I tell them answering it.

“Hello?”

“Honey did you forget you have the 2NE1 party?” Jiyong asks me.

“No why?”

“It’s starting in two hours and you’re not walking out the office building yet.” Asks me worry in his tone.

I glance at the clock again 7:10 ‘shoot’.

“I’ll be right down.”I tell Jiyong. Hanging up I look at them. “I have to go, but it was a pleasure meeting all of you.” I say bowing letting them leave my office, after closing the door I take the elevator, walking calmly until I see Jiyong waiting him leaning on his car. Smiling I run up to him wrapping him in a hug, as he kisses my head.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comment and Subscribe!!

Sorry I should have mentioned this earlier but it has been seven months since Melissa decided to stay. ;o