Scenario: When Seungri has a nightmare

Welcome to the Fantastic World

 

It was 2:00AM and Jiyong was still wide awake in his bed, his back facing the bedroom door. He had a lot on his mind as Big Bang was about to start promotions once again after a long hiatus.

Tomorrow’s meeting at the studio will finalize everything and then we need to work on the choreography…Jiyong was absorbed in his thoughts but not so much that he couldn’t hear the creaking of his bedroom door being opened slowly, as light from the hallway reflected against the wall he was facing. He heard the soft footsteps echo against the coolness of the tiled floor. There was only one person Jiyong knew who would ever wander into his bedroom at this late hour.

Maknae…He heard the footsteps stop short as if Seungri was debating how he should crawl under the covers without disturbing Jiyong.

“Seungri, shouldn’t you be sleeping?” Jiyong asked, pretending to be slightly irritated. He didn’t mind his maknae wandering in to sleep with him, not at all.

I sleep better when he’s next to me, clinging to me tightly like there’s no tomorrow.

“Hyung how did you know it was me?” Seungri replied, surprise in his voice but Jiyong heard something else hidden in his words which made him turn around so that he was facing Seungri.

“Ri, you’re the only person who would sneak into my room at this hour.” Jiyong replied, examining him.

Jiyong couldn’t tell if it was the lack of light streaming into the bedroom but something was off about the younger member standing before him—the look he had in his eyes was that of fear and uncertainty. Without saying another word, Jiyong scooted over, signaling to Seungri that it was okay to get in.

“You don’t mind hyung?” Seungri asked, hesitating to get in which Jiyong found strange as his maknae would take any opportunity given to him just to share the same bed as him.

Jiyong rolled his eyes. “If I didn’t want you here, I would have thrown you out of my room already. Now get your in bed already.”

Seungri gave a weak smile, and crawled in next to Jiyong, wrapping his arms around the leader’s waist, his body pressed closely against Ji’s, his head resting on his hyung’s chest. Jiyong felt a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

I love these moments with you Ri.

Jiyong wrapped an arm around Seungri’s shoulder, cradling him, his forehead pressed against Seungri’s while gently running his fingers through his maknae’s soft black hair, which was a bit tangled.

“Was it another nightmare Ri?” Jiyong asked in a gentle whisper while Seungri’s smooth, baby-soft face. Seungri looked up, his eyes meeting his hyung’s.

“Hyung how did you—” but Seungri was cut off as Jiyong placed a finger to Ri’s lips, hushing him.

“You sounded so scared when you came in.” Jiyong pulled Seungri closer to him, as if he was afraid his maknae would just disappear. Seungri clung to Jiyong even more.

“It wasn’t a scary nightmare it was just…hyung, promise me we’ll stay like this forever, that we’ll always be together.” Seungri looked at Jiyong, his eyes flashing with a million different emotions at once—fear, uncertainty, anxiety, worry, distress—and then it occurred to Jiyong...

Ri’s been weary all this time, worrying over Big Bang’s comeback, worrying over us staying together as five…and he’s been trying to hold us together all by himself…

Jiyong cupped Seungri’s face, inching closer to the maknae whose eyes were anxiously watching his hyung.

I’ll never leave you alone Ri, you’re my precious little maknae.

“I promise Ri, we’ll always be together as Big Bang and as this—” Jiyong closed the small gap that was between them, gently pressing his lips against Seungri’s. Seungri tensed at first but soon relaxed under Jiyong’s touch.

“Hyung…” Seungri breathed out, an evident blush forming against his cheeks.

“I will always protect you Ri.” Jiyong planted another loving kiss on Seungri’s lips, before shifting into a more comfortable sleeping position with Ri in his arms, holding each other as if morning will never come. 


A/N: Welcome to the Fantastic World is going to be a collection of short scenarios/drabbles/oneshots where the primary focus is on the day to day life of the leader and maknae with an occasional special scenario/oneshot requested by my lovely subscribers :) Please feel free to request any GRI writings, just leave a comment with the word 'request' followed by the type of scene or scenario you would like. 

Note: This was my first GRI scenario so I hope you guys enjoyed it, I have more ideas on the way for this collection so please look forward to it. Also, I am still working on the Missing You short fic, it will be up before the week is over so be on the look out for that ;) 

Thank you all for reading and leaving such lovely comments <3