Chapter One

Badass Baekhyun?

 

[ When you see this it means it's Baekhyun's inner voice talking ]

 
Chapter One
 
            You can say my life is similar to those high school Korean dramas. You know... where the girl dismisses the nice guy and always goes for the badass guy. Tch. Let me tell you something though, what she doesn't know... is that i'm the badass. Yeah, my looks fail the badass of me but trust me. It's there. The badass of me, that is. I, Byun Baekhyun, will have her, Kim Min-Ah, realize that I am her badass prince charming. Or..hopefully. 
 
 
- - - School - - -
 
 
                 Chanyeol snapped his fingers, breaking Baekhyun's intense daze. "I know that look." "What look?" Raising a brow, Baekhyun asked scoffing. Chanyeol leaning back in his seat with his hands resting on the back of his head, he replied, "You know... That Min-Ah chick." Baekhyun's shoulders drooped as he hid his now flustering face resting on the desk. Just hearing her name gets me in cloud 9. "C'mon Baekhyun. You should've had it coming. I can read you like an open book." "Stop reading me then." Baekhyun snapped followed with a heavy sigh. Chanyeol threw his arms up in defense, "Okay okay. My bad. But.. hate to break it to you, man," Chanyeol paused for a brief second, "I don't think Min-Ah digs guys with a baby face." Chanyeol chuckled while Baekhyun lifted his head, trying to reach the downer friend of his by the tie. Luckily, the bell rang just in time for Chanyeol to escape who-knows-what Baekhyun might've done. When Chanyeol reached his seat, he turned back to look at his best friend who is two rows diagnal from himself. Chanyeol winked playfully as for Baekhyun shot the most deadliest glare at Chanyeol. Chanyeol shivered then shrugged it off. That wasn't the first time he's recieved the glare.
 
               "Can I sit here?" A girl with golden brown locks disturbed Baekhyun's glaring contest with Chanyeol. "Min-Ah..." He breathed, almost inaudible noticing her existance. Baekhyun cleared his throat and nodded. Chanyeol saw the scene and laughed quietly to himself. His seat mate was giving him a weird stare. "What?" He shot a glare to Suho and went back to laughing to himself.
 
                Class was almost over and Min-Ah was struggling with an equation for math. She turned to face her seated partner, Baekhyun, flashing a warm smile. "Baekhyun... I need help on this problem." She pointed to the equation then looks at him. "Oh, well.. that's easy." Baekhyun explained every step easily like it was nothing. Min-Ah nodded in understandment. "Byun Baekhyun," Mr. Kim called out, "come to the front of the class and explain this to everyone." Baekhyun, like the obediant boy he is, stood up and made his way to the front of the class after briefly explaining everything to Min-Ah. Everyone groaned in frustration, always having to hear Baekhyun's voice every single day. Yes, Byun Baekhyun is the school's number one top smartest student of S.M. Academy. Earning only 'A's' and nothing less. 'B+' was the lowest grade he ever recieved in Science. That was in 7th grade. As a junior now, he's accomplished every subject but one thing he needs to accomplish is...her.
 
Getting Kim Min-Ah.
 
               Finally, the bell rangs, signaling school's over. Chanyeol jogged his way over to his friend and pulled out the seat next to Baekhyun, who was still placing his books in his bag.  "So..." chanyeol started, stiffling a laugh, "you talked with her." A grin making its way across his face. Baekhyun remembered and blushed slightly, bending even lower to arrange the books in his bag to avoid contact with the teasing giant. "What about that?" The blushing maniac responded, trying to be firm on his words. "Eh, nothing," The giant teased again and stood up, fixing his blazer. "Yah, hurry up man. You're taking up the whole day." Baekhyun shook his head and chuckled. "Stop rushing me. I have all the time I need." "Well, not me." With that, the curly haired giant made his way out of the classroom but hollered back at his slow buddy, "I'll be waiting outside!" Still packing slowly, he finally zipped his bag shut and tossed it over his shoulder, fixing the straps. About to leave and push in his chair, something that sparkled caught his attention.
 
Her pen.
 
Biting his lower lip in process of thinking whether to take it or not... He put it in the inside pocket of his blazer and jogged out of the room before the friend of his would start nagging.
 
 
- - - Chanyeol's House - - -
 
 
                 Baekhyun laid lazily on Chanyeol's bed while Chanyeol played Street Fighter on his X-box. "Yah, Yeollie.." Baekyun called out. "What, Bacon?" Chanyeol replied still focused on his game. "Do you think i'm go-" He was cut off. "Going to get Min-Ah?" Baekhyun nodded and lowered his head. "So, what do you think? You think I'll get her?" Chanyeol shrugged. "You know who she likes, right? That Kim Myungsoo dude who likes to be called L." The giant rolled his eyes. "The badass in school who thinks so highly of himself. Who'm I kidding? He's arrogant, mean, rude and cold." He snarled and shook his head, clearing thoughts about L. "I guess Min-Ah digs badasses." "Yeah, but..." A light bulb went off in the geek's head. "Yeollie, prepare to see a new me tomorrow." A smirk plastered across his face as he sipped onto his juice box.
 
 
- - - Next Day At School - - -
 
 
             Chanyeol waited outside by the gates along with Kyungsoo for Baekhyun. He checked his watch impatiently waiting for his slow buddy. "Where the heck is that slow kid?" Pacing back and forth he was mumbling things. "He's gonna make us late for class." Kyungsoo whined. "YO." The two boys looked to see where the familiar voice was coming from and their jaws fell to the ground with their eyes wide. "B-Baekhyun? Is that.. really you?" Chanyeol asked taking steps closer to the new look of Baekhyun. "I look good, right? How do you like it? It's the new me. The badass me." Kyungsoo shook his head and laughed. "Yah! Baekhyun, you look quite.. humiliating!" Baekhyun raised a brow and looked at his outfit. Dark blue jeans that were quite baggy but slightly tight around his legs, a white v-neck shirt having a black cardigan over it and a nice pair of red converse. He spiked his hair up, which was quite uncomfortable for him, and no longer wore glasses but contacts. The badass boy rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Did I mention a new personality?" He walked past Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, making his way through the crowd of students.
 
"Who's that new kid?"   "Is that who I think it is?"  "Wow.. he's cute."   "I like the new look!"
 
He heard all the mumbling and blabbing and grinned to himself, already feeling comfortable with 'the new him.' A group of girls kept looking at him and making googly eyes."How about we try an experiment?" He thought to himself and decided to stroll over to the girls. "Hey." He said, playing a cool act. "Baekhyun? Is this really you?" One of the girls asked, tracing a finger across his chest. "Of course." He smirked and caught her wrist, pulling it to his lips and planting a gentle peck on the back of her hand. "Gotta head to class. Catch up with you all later." The girls giggled and squealed as if he was a movie star. 
 
His friends watched him from afar. They couldn't believe this act he was putting on. They were bewildered from his sudden action and behavoir. Did their best friend who was normally a geek turn into this somewhat 'Badass and playboy'? They shrugged it off and followed him, secretly watching his next moves.
 
In the hallways he spotted the girl he's been searching for from the start of the morning. A wide smile planted itself on his face as he made his way towards her. "Min-Ah." He said as he waved at her. She looked up and tilted her head to the side. "Baekhyun? Is that you?" She narrowed her eyes and scanned him from head to toe. "Of course it's me. Who else would it be." She chuckled and ran her fingers through his spiked hair. "You even changed your hairstyle and everythung, huh." His heart was beating fast and he nodded. "Yeah, all for yo-- I mean, just trying some new styles.." He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck. "Aah.. I see." She smiled and brushed her fringe out of her view. There was quite an awkward atmosphere until he showed up.
 
"Yah! Min-Ah." L came around the corner with his minions, so called Infinite. "L!" Min-Ah ran over to him and gave him a tight hug. He looked at the noobie badass boy with a smug smile. Baekhyun felt intimidated. He was just putting on an act but rumours said that L was in a gang. L unlatched himself from Min-Ah's embrace and made his way over to Baekhyun, poking his chest until his back was against the lockers, clutching onto his tie. "Are you messing with my girl?" The timid boy was finding it hard to swallow but successfully shook his head. I need to stay badass! "Do you think I'd mess around with her? She's not a toy." A smirk grew on his lips as he reached into his pocket pulling out her pen he found yesterday. "I wanted to return this to her," he looked into L's cold gaze, "if you don't mind." He shook off L's grip and walked over to Min-Ah. She took the pen from his hold, forming a little smile. "Thanks, Baekhyun." "Well, i'm off now. Don't mind me." As he turned his back towards them feeling proud of himself, L ran straight towards him punching his right cheek. Baekhyun tumbled onto the ground, a hand over his now torn, bleeding lip. "Don't treat me like you're better than me, Byun Baekhyun." L walked away signaling his group to follow after. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, as they were part of the crowd, made their way quickly to the beat up kid on the ground and helped him up. "C'mon Baekhyun. Let's head to class.." 
 
 
- - - After School At Chanyeol's House With Exo-K - - -
 
 
                 Baekhyun laid on Chanyeol's bed having one arm covering his eyes with an ice bag on his beat-up lip. "Let's hang out today guys." Baekhyun suggested. "Where to?" Asked Sehun playing with Chanyeol's games. "Anywhere." He heaved a sigh. "How about to the movies? My girlfriend and I were gonna head over to the theatres in about an hour. Wanna tag along?" "Why not." Baekhyun sat up with a gloomy face. "Baekhyun! You look like a zombie!" Teased Sehun. "Shut up, little boy." Suho chuckled and clicked his tongue. "You just got yourself into some deep crap." "Yeah, you like dug your own grave." Added Kai. "Very supportive, guys." He rolled his eyes and laid on the bed again. Chanyeol threw an orange juice box to Baekhyun, which landed perfectly on his stomach. "Drink up, Badass. Your favorite." The giant grinned.
 
 
- - - One Hour Later At the Movies - - -
 
 
                 "My girlfriend should be here any moment.." Kai bit his lower lip, glancing at his watch repeatedly. The boys were waiting patiently on the benches, except for Kai, chatting and telling jokes also teasing the geeky wannabe badass boy. "Guys, i'm right here. I can hear all of your nasty jokes." "That's the point, genius." Suho said having the boys laughing like hyenas. Baekhyun shook his head in annoyance. "We're here!" Two feminim voices were heard. A smile appeared on Kai's face as he ran to hug his girlfriend tightly, lifting her in the air giving her a twirl. "Everyone, this is my girlfriend Rena." "I hope you don't mind.. I brought along my friend too. Oh Kimmy." Kimmy stepped out from behind Rena and bowed, flashing a shy smile. The boys smiled and greeted the girls. As for Baekhyun was too caught up planning ways of getting L back. Which he didn't think he could. Heck, L was from a real gang that was involved in bloody fights. Baekhyun shivered and cleared his head from the thoughts. 
 
"C'mon guys. Movie's about to start." Kai led the way, having everyone else follow along. When they reached the dark theatre room, they all found a seat next to each other. Sehun sat next to Rena, Kimmy bit her bottom lip wanting to sit next to her best friend. She didn't want to sit next to neither of the handsome boys but she just felt uncomfortable. Instead, she made way to the last seat. Next to Baekhyun. She sat herself down and looked to where Rena was. She frowned and leaned back in her chair. There was still 10 minutes till the movie was going to start and Kimmy wanted to get along with the boys better so..might as well start talking to them. She turned towards Baekhyun and tapped his shoulder. "Hi, i'm Kimmy. I don't think I greeted you earlier." He looked at her and nodded, facing back to the screen. "What's your name?" "Baekhyun." "Oh.." She nodded going speechless. "You're Byun Baekhyun. Number one top student of S.M. Acedemy, right? We both attend the same school." She smiled. He wasn't in the mood and still felt crappy about what happened earlier. "Okay..then.. Nice to meet you too.." She pouted and slumped in her seat, hugging her bag feeling embarrassed.
 
 
Kai stretched his arms out towards the sky then slung an arm around his girl. "Good movie, huh?! The movie was so action packed!" Kyungsoo nodded and started throwing punches into the air, imitating the fighting scenes from the movie. "What'd you think of the movie, Baekhyun?" "It was okay." Chanyeol gasped and pushed the short boy. "OKAY?! It was fantastic!" The giant threw his arms in the air like a maniac. "I think it's time we head home." Suggested Baekhyun and started walking in a different route from the others. "Hey, take Kimmy home with you. She lives around in your neighborhood." Kai said nudging Kimmy towards him. "I don't think he likes me." She whispered back to Kai. "Nah, it's just his badass act. Now go!" "Yeah yeah. Hurry up." Baekhyun shouted. She quickly made her way over to him and stayed at least a foot away from him. "See ya tomorrow!" The others laughed and parted from the other two.
 
She cleared and tried catching up to his pace. "Such a fast walker..." she mumbled. "Where do you live?" He asked suddenly. "Uhm.. Just keep heading straight then turn left." "Oh, you live on my street too?" "I do?" She fiddled with her fingers. "So.." she pointed to her lips, "what happened to your lip?" He shrugged, "Nothing really." "You're not much of a talker.. are you?" She questioned. He stayed silent. "I'll take that as a yes." She giggled. 
 
Finally they stopped at the front of her house, "Thanks." She chirped. "Yeah, no problem." He waved and turned around. "Wait!" Kimmy shouted then covered , realizing how loud she was hopefully not waking her neighbors up this late at night. He spun around and faced her with a questioning look. "Here." She quickly searched through her bag and pulled out a blank peice of paper and a pen, writing numbers on it. "Here. It's my number. Call me sometime. Okay?" She let out a small laugh as she started growing red. "See you at school sometime." She waved and ran inside of her house. Baekhyun, cluelessly looked at the peice of paper and tucked it into his pocket and made his way home. "What a weirdo." 
 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________-

YESSSSS. Chapter One updated. Soon Chapter. In like. A few seconds. Lol

Comment/ Subscribe? c: