A brother

Half Bloods

 

 
Donghae P.O.V
 
I looked helplessly at the frail form in my arms, anxiousness rushing through my mind. What can I do!?! I looked around frantically, hoping that a miracle of sorts will happen. Taeyeon was kneeling beside Tiffany, trying to make her stir, the gears in her head turning at rapid speed, trying to figure a way out. Siwon just stood there, not knowing where to help or what to do. 
 
 
The light from Tiffany's face was slowly fading, the strong aura I usually sensed from her was getting weaker by the second. Suddenly, Taeyeon looked at me, a glint of hope in her eyes. " Donghae... Pray to your dad for rain... It's our only chance. " 
 
 
My eyes widened in shock. " Pray to my dad? " I stupidly repeated. I never prayed to my dad for anything before, due to the fact that I practically hated him for ruining my life, by only acknowledging me when he needed me. I was far too arrogant and proud to ask anything from him, knowing that I needed to return the favour sooner or later. I looked down at the fading girl. Am I willing to give up my pride for her? I knew that in my heart, I had already made up my mind the moment the suggestion was given. But Why am I feeling this way? Why do I want to protect her so bad? Who is she to me? 
 
 
I lifted my head up to the skies. " Dad, I pray. Please help me. Let the rain fall. " For a moment, nothing happened. 
 
 
" Looks like that didn't work... " Taeyeon sighed. 
 
 
At that time, there was a clap of thunder and a flash of lightning. Slowly but surely, drops of rain fell. 
 
 
The moment the rain water touched Tiffany, a bright blue light glowed around her. She started floating above my hands. I covered my eyes and shielded them from the bright light. I took a step back as the light intensified. There was a crack of power and slowly the blue light died. 
 
 
Tiffany stood before us, strong and ready. She smiled as the bright light slowly disappeared. " I'm back. Missed me? " she laughed at her own joke. I rolled my eyes. She scared the daylight out of us and she's asking if we missed her. I murmured a silent thanks to my dad and a roll of thunder sounded. 
 
 
Tiffany looked at me and the next thing I knew, I felt her warm arms around me. 
" Thanks for saving me Donghae. " she murmured. I nodded stiffly. My heart raced.
 
 
She released me and stepped back. " Let's get going. I'm fine now. " Just as we started to continue our journey, a voice echoed behind us. 
 
 
Tiffany P.O.V
 
" You should be more careful about the places you go, Sister. Some might cause your death, like this place. No water. " 
 
I whipped my head around and came face to face with a teenage boy around my age, with azure blue hair. 
 
 
" Hello Triton. " I greeted him. He was the son of my father and his immortal wife, Amphitrite. Well naturally, his mom hated me for being named a heir to Poseidon's Throne, and spoiling her perfect family, but surprisingly, Triton always treated me like his baby sister, spoiling me to bits. He accepted the fact that I was better than him at the things I do and I loved him for that.  I smiled at him and he returned it. 
 
 
He ran forward and gave me a warm hug, the scent of the sea flowed through my nostrils. " I missed you baby sister. " I smacked him on the back. 
 
 
" I am not a baby. " I retorted. He sniggered and released me. 
 
 
I turned to introduce my brother to my friends. " Guys, this is my brother Triton, Messenger and Prince of the seas. " 
 
 
Donghae stepped forward, hand out. " Lee Donghae, Son of Zeus. " He pointed at Taeyeon and Siwon. " Kim Taeyeon, Daughter of Athena. Choi Siwon, Son of Apollo. "
 
 
Triton shock each of Their hands. " But what brings you here brother? " I asked. 
 
 
He suddenly turned serious. " Tiffany Hwang. Your life force almost faded today. What were you thinking? Going into a place with no water! Your life depends on water. If the air is too dry you will fade. You know that don't you? Dad sensed that your life was in danger and sent me to check on you without my mother finding out. How could you be so careless?!? " my brother nagged at me. 
 
 
Meanwhile, my three friends looked at me in surprise. " You will die with out water? As like being in a place that is dry and hot? Why didn't you tell us? " they question at the same time.
 
 
I shrugged sheepishly. " Slipped my mind. " 
 
 
They shocked their heads. " You are unbelievable. But why is that so? " they looked at me with curious eyes. 
 
 
I frantically searched for an answer. " Urm.. a.. Because... It's just a thing that I have, like kind of a habit? To be around water. " Upon hearing my lie, Triton's eyes widen in surprise. I motioned him to shut up. He mouthed. Fine... Whatever. I threw my brother another question, just to keep him distracted. " Can dad sense the lost half bloods at sea?" 
 
 
My friends all leant forward, hoping for good news. My brother shock his head. "There are no signs of them out at sea at all. They are not there. The place where they are is definitely not at sea.  " 
 
 
I sighed in disappointment. But my brother started to add. "  But I got connections that told me that weird things have been happening in New York. The sun is way too hot and rain hardly falls there. You might want to go take a look. " I nodded. At least we had a direction on where to go now. 
 
 
" Before I leave I have something for you. " He dug into his trouser pocket and pulled out a bracelet. He passed it to me. " Just so you wouldn't fade again. " 
 
 
" What is it? " I asked as I the bracelet and slid it on to my hand. It glowed blue once then the glow faded. It had a trident fixed on top. 
 
 
" It contains water from the fountains back in the palace. It will keep you connected with water. " he replied. 
 
 
I smiled at him. " Thanks brother. " He nodded. 
 
 
" Stay safe my sister. "  And he disappeared into the winds. 
 
 
I turned back at my three friends. " Next Stop, New York... " 
 
 
 
Hi guys! I'm back! Exams are finally over! Sorry for not updating for so long. Hope this is a long update to you guys. Comment and subscribe!